Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Massage Gun Recommendations??
Quote | Reply
Update: Went ahead and bought this Ekrin B37 model for 20% off and love it so far. Found a discount that made it affordable. Use it everyday!

Hi, besides the Theragun and the Hypervolt (and a homemade jigsaw), has anyone tried a massage gun that they really like? Looking for something to assist recovery. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by: benrunner: Aug 3, 21 3:22
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [benrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Theragun and I was like it a lot.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Addaday.
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Dgreg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't heard of Addaday, but looks interesting. Looks like it's about $250 on Amazon. That sound right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Came across this review: https://massagegunfight.com/...-massage-gun-review/

Anyone ever try it?? Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
benrunner wrote:
Haven't heard of Addaday, but looks interesting. Looks like it's about $250 on Amazon. That sound right?

Yes. That is what I paid at a local running shoe store. Went in for one pair of shoes. Walked out with two pair and the massager.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the hypervolt is fantastic. i can not recommend it enough. i dont have any compare / contrast with any other brand, i just know the hypervolt works really well at what it does.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Dgreg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgreg wrote:
benrunner wrote:

Yes. That is what I paid at a local running shoe store. Went in for one pair of shoes. Walked out with two pair and the massager.

LOL, sounds like they should give that salesman a raise!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Theragun G3 as a holiday gift, and have found it really helpful. Doesn't seem like it does anything another "jigsaw" gun can't, but the triangular handle does a great job of being able to comfortably reach and apply the right pressure to almost every muscle group (ex. it's not awkward or tiring to do hamstrings or lats).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I got the Theragun G3 as a holiday gift, and have found it really helpful. Doesn't seem like it does anything another "jigsaw" gun can't, but the triangular handle does a great job of being able to comfortably reach and apply the right pressure to almost every muscle group (ex. it's not awkward or tiring to do hamstrings or lats).
The G3 is awfully pretty to look at too. You feel it's powerful enough compared to others? I think it only has 2 speeds if I'm not mistaken.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume massage guns are kind of like blenders in the sense that you can spend $70 on one or you can spend many many hundreds.

Without much research at all and being on a budget, I am very happy with the BearMax that I spent $110 on. It seems like these entry level guns all come from the same factories in China probably all the same parts and a different company logo is slapped on them. I've used it daily for the past 3 months. No issues yet. The battery still holds the insane amount of charge it initially did and the 20 speeds are more than enough.

I know nothing about any other guns to compare I just know that this feels like a steal for $110. Out of stock at Amazon right now though.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I typically ask massage therapists for hard pressure, yet with the G3 I use the lower setting far more than high one. IME you can overdo it and cause some soreness instead of relieving it.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
benrunner wrote:
Hi, besides the Theragun and the Hypervolt (and a homemade jigsaw), has anyone tried a massage gun that they really like? Looking for something to assist recovery. Thanks in advance.

Yes I reviewed a generic Tim Tam vs Theragun G3 here. In short, I didn't keep the Theragun and I ended up keeping the generic Tim Tam device (Bivi). They were both loud but the Bivi had more features, longer battery, swappable battery, easier to use, and I thought slightly more powerful too.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m happy with my Bivi. It’s loud but it works just fine
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up a Tappymed about 4 years ago which works great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would also look at Estem like power dot, i would strongly recommend it over massage gun for recovery especially that it can be applied easily and has a set program,
I tried hypervolt and wasn’t a great experience!
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Zakalunce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a Jawku. I really like it. Not sure how it compares soundwise to others but I find it quiet enough were I can use it on the highest setting (5 settings) and still watch tv without turning the volume up too loud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Hypervolt + less than three months ago. After a couple of weeks, it started acting up: It would only start once every five to ten times. It also overheats noticeably, and the internal casing is degrading.
I've sent it back and hope to get a refund so that I can try another brand. Maybe the Compex one.

http://powerful-problem-solving.com
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7401southwick wrote:
I’m happy with my Bivi. It’s loud but it works just fine

Yeah, I tried the Exerscribe VYBE (very similar to the Bivi) and just too loud for my liking. Works great for its purpose but felt like I was about to lose my hearing. haha
Last edited by: benrunner: Jan 26, 20 15:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming your question is price-based? I don't have any experience with any of the other guns here, but Thergun was running a $200 discount for Black Friday so I picked up a G3 Pro and absolutely love it. TBH, I don't think it's worth $599 but for $399 I'm super happy with it. 2 speeds is plenty for me. All the different attachment heads are really nice, as are the two swappable batteries.
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [Arnaud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Hypervolt + for Christmas. I would never make the argument that this was something I needed, but it is nice to have. I haven’t used it after a race or super hard workout, but I do a lot of skiing in the Winter, which takes a toll on my back. It really has helped loosen that up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Opove M3 Pro Massage gun. One reviewer said it may have what it takes to unseat the Hypervolt as it is nearly the same but for $100 less. Amazon has it for $199.99. It comes with a nice carrying case and 4 attachments, as well has charge cord. One charge lasts days of many hours of use per day. It doesn't need to have more power as it would hurt a bit too much if it did. The Hypervolt was said to be slightly harder of a pulse--but I'm looking for recovery not a rolfing level pain. I use it almost daily.
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
I'm assuming your question is price-based? I don't have any experience with any of the other guns here, but Thergun was running a $200 discount for Black Friday so I picked up a G3 Pro and absolutely love it. TBH, I don't think it's worth $599 but for $399 I'm super happy with it. 2 speeds is plenty for me. All the different attachment heads are really nice, as are the two swappable batteries.
Just some alternatives. $399 isn't exactly cheap, but don't want to buy a so-called bargain that breaks either. Thanks for your thoughts!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry that this isn't really addressing your question......but I've tried both the Hypervolt and Theragun G3 - ended up keeping the latter, even though it's a good bit louder than the Hypervolt. The Theragun just penetrates deeper than the Hypervolt. I believe most would classify the Theragun as a percussive device and the Hypervolt as a vibration device. You can definitely tell the difference.

My biggest concern with these devices is longevity and durability. Therefore, I'd rather give my money to a company that I'm sure is going to be around one, two, three years down the road, in the event of a warranty claim. I just don't have much confidence that any of the Amazon knock-off brands will even be in business in 6months from now, much less honor a claim with a lot of hassle. Theragun warranty is 1yr, and using my AMEX card to purchase I can bump it an additional year. More money up front for peace of mind, I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: Massage Gun Recommendations?? [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A527G wrote:
Sorry that this isn't really addressing your question......but I've tried both the Hypervolt and Theragun G3 - ended up keeping the latter, even though it's a good bit louder than the Hypervolt. The Theragun just penetrates deeper than the Hypervolt. I believe most would classify the Theragun as a percussive device and the Hypervolt as a vibration device. You can definitely tell the difference.

My biggest concern with these devices is longevity and durability. Therefore, I'd rather give my money to a company that I'm sure is going to be around one, two, three years down the road, in the event of a warranty claim. I just don't have much confidence that any of the Amazon knock-off brands will even be in business in 6months from now, much less honor a claim with a lot of hassle. Theragun warranty is 1yr, and using my AMEX card to purchase I can bump it an additional year. More money up front for peace of mind, I suppose.

You make a lot of solid points there. And you're right, I'd rather not have to hassle with a company that doesn't stand behind their product. You compare the G3 to the G3 Pro?
Quote Reply

Prev Next