Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marine Corp Roll Call
Quote | Reply
Here's to hoping that Wilma is a distant memory by Sunday or at least it is a nice tailwind for the last 10K! Who else is in??

Bob

Bib# 4530
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [rover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in....first marathon. Should be chilly, but no rain. I actually ran 12 miles in exactly the same weather yesterday and it was perfect.

This is going to be a painful $85 tour of the monuments for me.

Bib #3522.

Dan
póg mo thóin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I won't be running this year (recent surgery)...but I WILL be working the mile 13 water stop. I'll be the one with the Captain's bars (among all the Lieutenants). If you can remember, just holler out "Slowtwitch" and your screenname...I'd love to toss out some special encouragements to you all...
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I don't mean to be ignorant, but I am.. What is the difference between Capt. Bars and Lieutenant Bars? I will try and remember to yell out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See You there!

Bib # 5435

Dusty Rhodes USMC (ret)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Captains have TWO silver bars. Lieutenants have ONE bar, either gold (2nd Lieutenant) or silver (1st Lieutenant).

I'd wear one of my Slowtwitch Peaceful Tribe shirts but they want us to be in uniform...so that makes it a bit more difficult to identify myself to folks on the course...we all look the same in our digital cammies...especially after 13 miles of marathon!

Nonetheless, I'll keep a list of all the race numbers from this thread...if I happen to catch your numbers running by, I'll give a shout out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Butter bar, and double butter bar from what I recall. It was a long time ago, but I think that's it?

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 bars at 13 miles, I've got it! I will probably be wearing my Powercranks hat (and a picture of Frank pinned to my back) hope to see you.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Hoping for around a 3:05-3:10 time. I'll be the sketchy looking dude with a mustache and bib# 10569.
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [go-chu-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if corraling will be enforced? And if so, does your bib number have enything to do with the corral? I'm looking to run between 2:55 and 3:00 (I gave 3:00 when I registered), and I have bib #3617. My training is suggesting that I need to hit everything just right to meet my goal time, so I'm kind of worrying about having to run through 3,500 other runners. I say "run through" since last year only about 100 people went sub-3-hours; its a notoriously slow field.
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [SatMark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, bib#'s are used to determine corralling. You will be fine with your bib#. Good luck with your time goal. The course is fairly flat aside from a hil 2-3 miles in. Hopefully, the weather will hold out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Second time doing this one. Pretty excited about it. I love DC.

How do you get bib numbers?
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [german101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bib numbers are on the e-comfimation card that you need to print out for packet pick-up.

Dan
póg mo thóin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, Bib# 3455, If the forcast high is less then 55 degrees then I'll wear my black LS peacefull tribe shirt. I feel ready, I JUST CAN'T GET SICK!!!

DAve in VA
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [SatMark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't remember what time I put down, but I wound up with #4350. I hoping to get near the front of my corral so there isn't as many people to run through those first few miles. Is it fairly wide at the start so we don't have to weave our way around other runners to stay on pace?

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Marine Corp Roll Call [dteed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duh...I ahd mine at home. I'm Bib #8027. Not feeling great, but it will be a blast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bib #6559. Hopefully memories of working the finish 15 years ago will help out in the effort.
Quote Reply