Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marathon Training Question
Quote | Reply
Im training for the chicago marathon. My question is could I split up my mid week run>> run 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening rather than running 10 at night?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Training Question [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point I'd say keep doing what you are doing, it's pretty late in the game to make changes to your plan.

Unless you have problems doing the 10 miler (recovery, injury, etc), I would keep it intact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ed,

Sure - better to get in the total miles then not at all. I find those to be harder since it usual takes me a few miles to get in a flow anyway. Enjoy Chicago - looks like you should be in for one more long week. I have one more 20 this week then I am done with the big mileage. I will be in Milwaukee the week before Chicago.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Training Question [Steve-ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My problem is that I dont have time to run 10 in the evening >>> kids, career, etc..

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This late in the game I wouldn't worry about it. Get your last 1-2 long runs in and do the best you can on the other runs. You will be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Training Question [scotta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be able to get in my weekend long runs. I think there is only one more 10 mile wed run? I could probably do it at night if I take the kids with in the baby jogger. I can physically do it, the time is my concern.

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance of doing something like, having the wife drop you off at work/car pooling and running home?

That's how I got my long runs in. Drove to work on Tuesdays, ran home; rode my bike in Wednesday AM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it would be better to do one 7 or 8 mile run instead of doing 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My problem is that I dont have time to run 10 in the evening >>> kids, career, etc..

i've read in several mags that splitting up mileage in the end has the same effect as doing it all together. for a mid week run i don't think it's a big deal. the long run is what you don't want to mess with. besides, i'm sure your base is so big that you won't even know the difference.

(BTW--i think 10 mid week is alot...unless you're a superfast/natural/gifted runner. i'm almost tempted to say scrap the 10, change is to 7 and focus more/harder on the weekend long run--but i won't say that, you know what you're doing)
Quote Reply