Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Male Shower Accoutrements
Quote | Reply
Being a former Marine, I was taught that a man takes a shower with a washcloth (or warsh-rag if you live in the Midwest) and soap. The washcloth should preferably be rough enough to remove at lease two layers of skin and the soap should be either Dial or Ivory, no Dove or any crap like that.

So, when I run at lunch and go into the MEN'S shower, what do I see but something called "Caress Shimmering Pear Body Wash for Silky Lustrous Skin" and some kind of net puffball-looking kind of thing that I guess you use instead of a washcloth. My first thought is that maybe I'm in the women's shower. My second thought is that some guy is really PW'ed. And, my third thought is "Boy, I hope I don't drop MY soap."

So now that I am 50, maybe I have just become one of those old curmudgeons--am I just being old-fashioned or should men really be washing with that kind of stuff?

I have to admit, I have used some of that "Body Wash" in the shower before, but only when I was away from my wife for a long time, if you know what I mean.
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never used any sort of washcloth myself. Poofas (if that's what they are called) are for girly-men.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's a wash cloth? ;) The only thing I use is a bar of soap...and I use that in place of shampoo as well. Of course, I shave my head so shampoo would just be a waste. However, I do use Dove soap, but only because I have really sensitive skin and would be itching like crazy if I use a harsher soap.

what you're seeing is the slow methodical feminization of american men.
Last edited by: reblAK: Jan 26, 05 11:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is all this talk about showering after a workout? What is wrong with you people?
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My shower routine is very old school. But I do have a recent improvement to share. For Christmas, I got from my sister a product called Beard Lube from some guy named Jack Black. It's not white and foamy like traditional shave cream. It goes on clear and thick and gives me an incredibly smooth shave with a blue plastic disposable razor.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [mclark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my plastic "Loofah" and Dove body wash...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [StillRecord10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny I was thinking about his same topic the other day. My parents always had washclothes hanging in the shower when I was growing up but I never use one. I think it's one of those things that lost its appeal with the younger generations. For the record that puff ball is very gay...
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [turn n' burn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For the record that puff ball is very gay...

Puff balls are happy??

What is wrong with being gay?? Do you have a problem with people who have a different sexual orientation from yourself??

Wash cloths are for women with sensitive skin. I use a thick bristle brush to get the grime and a few layers of skin off. The pain helps wake me up in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
For the record that puff ball is very gay...

Puff balls are happy??

What is wrong with being gay?? Do you have a problem with people who have a different sexual orientation from yourself??

Wash cloths are for women with sensitive skin. I use a thick bristle brush to get the grime and a few layers of skin off. The pain helps wake me up in the morning.
Whenever my wife watches a makeover show the fashion, hair and makeup person is always a gay man so I rank puff balls in that category. If you enjoy knowing more about hair and makeup then a women then you would also enjoy a puff ball to wash with. That's all I'm saying...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

With a name like "Sparticus" I can only think that on occasion your shower may look like a homosexulal Caligula love fest. That being said, I have my legs shaved, I dress nice, do my hair, tan on occasion. I wear sensible shoes, always have a clean car, decorate my own house and love to cook..if that would not infer that I am a bit "light in my loafers" I am not sure what would (shaving my legs in the steam room at the Y maybe?)...but by the time some unsuspecting woman was to see that there is Dove Body wash and a "Poof" in my shower...she is probably cleaning off proof that I am infact not 'that way" and do a great impersonation of a lawn sprinkler....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is classified as an "accoutrement," (is that a french word?) it should not be allowed in the shower of any blue-blooded american man. Let the French do what they want when they have their monthly washing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's a wash cloth - you got a hand, right?

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck with the shower - I have one of these mounted next to the bed...KY in it. Touch Free infrared dispencer!

;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My first thought is that maybe I'm in the women's shower.

It should have been pretty obvious what showers you were in.

(Just being a clown) ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
an accoutrement is something you wear...clothing...so that's your monthly learning...
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess I would be right to assume they don't belong in the shower...

mercy bouquets for the lesson ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
an accoutrement is something you wear...clothing...so that's your monthly learning...
but only with white tie, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am totally with you on this. I just recently started using shampoo. Before that, I just rubbed the bar of Ivory on my head. Worked fine. I don't even shave with a mirror.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Male Shower Accoutrements [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am totally with you on this. I just recently started using shampoo. Before that, I just rubbed the bar of Ivory on my head. Worked fine. I don't even shave with a mirror.

And when was your last date??? With a person. (I was going to say girl but do not want to offend anyone)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're the one who seems offended..

And Tom seems to be into women. Pudgy women, but women none the less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How to shave your legs like a man:

1. Let your hair grow thick like a forest.
  2. Wet your hair with White Vinegar
  3. To soften your hair and skin rub your legs down with kosher salt
  4. With salt still on your legs shave with a super sharp 13" Bowe knife.
  5. When all your hair is shaved (be sure to get your speedo area) rinse with vinegar or rubbing alcohol to close your pores.

This is what I shave with

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is hilarious. All this discussion about what is "gay" to use in the shower when you all take part in a sport that many a true tough guy would say is "gay" from the start. A bunch of guys who shave legs, arms, heads and wear tight pants and speedos talking about what is "gay" Ha Ha Ha. I use one of those puffy things and real shampoo with body wash (bar soap is gross). Trying to look nice doesn't make you a girl or gay. Now, would I drag my body wash to the gym shower... never;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right on. Crap, I shave my legs at the YMCA. If I cared what other people think, I wouldn't do it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next