Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll also add that a triathlon is probably the last place where you'd be likely to meet somebody. Not saying it can't happen, but I'd not lay odds if I was a betting man.

You never know. I met my husband at the finish line of Escape from Alcatraz. Apparently the key is to go to a big race hundreds of miles from home (in a different country) to meet that perfect someone who only lives a few miles away from where you live.
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [roadie gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Who cares what you look like. Do you do dishes, vacuum, put down the toilet seat, and cook?

I misread that last word as "cock?" and it was pretty funny, in my own head.
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [dkv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was pretty funny, in my own head.

I love it when that happens. Once a coworker coordinating our Christmas party said "we're having karaoke and you have to sing a song". I wasn't paying close attention and heard "We're having karaoke and you have to wear a thong." LOL...I still get teased about that.

Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [john68rs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need 25 posts before posting a classified ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [john68rs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw this on the web. Maybe it will help you out.

www.single-triathletes.com

Good hunting.
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [banana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also met my husband at a tri - New York City Triathlon in 2002. Knew from the moment I met him I'd end up marrying him even though we didn't manage to get our acts together and actually live in the same city (or time zone!) until 2006.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha John, Good luck finding one. I find that athletes tend to stay more productive, determined and know what they want in life. This is what I like most about them!

Dr. Trillo
Orlando Surgeon
Last edited by: westorange: Sep 13, 11 6:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not try and ad like this one I just saw on Craigslist?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/tlg/2596198110.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
john68rs wrote:
Ok. I am 41 years old and I find that I am extremely attracted to female triathletes!
I know this is the "The Womens" section but I just wanted all of you women to know that there is a guy out there who really admires your dedication to the sport...
You are ALL sexy and beautiful!!
Now, if I could just find one, just one to date!

John

Dude, the warden gives internet access in the inmates cells now or what? How did you get on this forum?
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, this thread revived after so long...

This might be his picture.

(Taken from a singles posting from someone with the same handle). I don't see very many men running shirtless in triathlons with earbuds, so maybe this is a running race?)

I definitely have too much time on my hands this morning! .
Last edited by: karencoutts: Sep 15, 11 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's him, yum!!! Hope some lucky girl has found him!
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Double yum. Great eye candy.

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [jen-g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a different point of view - I'm the non-triathlete, my fiance is the triathlete. Our relationship is perfectly in sync because of the fact that I'm not in the sport.
We met in 2007. He'd already been doing triathlon for a few years, so he was already in the headspace. I just slotted in to his life.
Yes, he spends hours away from home every day but that gives me time to do what I want. I couldn't imagine him coming home to an empty house and no dinner because I was also out training.

I don't know how two triathletes would be able to hold down a serious, committed relationship (though it's obvious some of you do). I guess it would be different if you were both on the same level, speed wise etc... Then you could train together etc. Most men/women, however, are at totally different levels and would need to train separately to be successful in the sport.

Our situation works out perfectly for us... So don't just assume there is a "triathlete/ non triathlete problem". Maybe you should hook your girl friends up with a triathlete, because it certainly works for some people!
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I think he's still single, which explains why he's still on that singles site. I believe he is pre-owned (divorced), not that there's anything wrong with that...

Instead of a "yum" reaction, I'm more like, what's up with being shirtless, at a race? When I see shirtless ripped athletes (at races), I wonder if they're vain. Sort of like Prince Charming in Shrek, and not much of a companion.
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karencoutts wrote:
No, I think he's still single, which explains why he's still on that singles site. I believe he is pre-owned (divorced), not that there's anything wrong with that...

Instead of a "yum" reaction, I'm more like, what's up with being shirtless, at a race? When I see shirtless ripped athletes (at races), I wonder if they're vain. Sort of like Prince Charming in Shrek, and not much of a companion.

I don't mind the shirtless guys. I would work out in my bra and shorts if I could get away with it at my gym ( I have one small tattoo which means I can't). Vain? Perhaps but I enjoy the hot eye candy every now and then! No, that's a lie. I always enjoy the eye candy! There are guys you want to date and guys who well, are just nice to look at. No idea about this guy but if it IS the guy int he pic, more than happy to look at him, vain or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, genkigirl, chacun a son gout!

Here you go: http://www.onelovenet.com/...reat_Sense_Of_Humor/ The profile was last modified in 2008 and yet it is still active.

I do appreciate eye candy as well (oh, I do do do)--married some eye candy myself. A competitive athlete.

Happy hunting!
Last edited by: karencoutts: Sep 26, 11 11:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO... The description of this thread is too good to be true. Just saying!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am married too - which might be way I don't mind if they are vain! Won't be my problem if they are! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Genkigirl, I don't mind if men are vain either... They can be a lot of fun, as friends. I was just suggesting that I wouldn't want to date one, and I find (excessive) vanity a turn off in a prospective companion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
karencoutts wrote:
Genkigirl, I don't mind if men are vain either... They can be a lot of fun, as friends. I was just suggesting that I wouldn't want to date one, and I find (excessive) vanity a turn off in a prospective companion.

Fair enough - not a fan of dating vain guys either! Vain guys or metrosexual! No idea how some girls put up with men who take longer to get ready than they do! They tend ot be the same now, no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think one issue for dating triathletes, either male or female... we all spend so much time training, that is what takes up all our time and don't have time for the bf/gf relationships. I always joke around and say my bf is my training, since that is where I do spend most of my free time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
karencoutts wrote:

Well, I'm not ripped, but I always race shirtless if I can (warm enough). It's just more comfortable. I'd keep doing it if I got ripped, so I wouldn't jump to that conclusion... some of us just hate the feel of a shirt, honestly.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
genkigirl1 wrote:
I don't mind the shirtless guys. I would work out in my bra and shorts if I could get away with it at my gym ( I have one small tattoo which means I can't). Vain? Perhaps but I enjoy the hot eye candy every now and then! No, that's a lie. I always enjoy the eye candy! There are guys you want to date and guys who well, are just nice to look at. No idea about this guy but if it IS the guy int he pic, more than happy to look at him, vain or not.

Your gym bans visible tattoos?

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [Bah Humbug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I live in Japan and the only way they can legally ban the yakuza in places like pools, gyms, spas, public baths, waterparks... is to ban tattoos - regardless of there being no possible way that I am a yak. They are slowly changing their mind on the whole thing as tons of young Japanese now have them but... yeah, I've got two small ones and have been kicked out of a few pools regardless of my arguing with them. Can't wear certain tops in the gym because of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Male, single, triathlete, physician, free to good home! [Bah Humbug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do know that wearing a shirt is more aero, right?
Quote Reply

Prev Next