Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maffetone- out of buisness?
Quote | Reply
Is Phil Maffetone out of business? The MAFGroup website is down and I haven't been able to find any Phil's Bars for months. I actually kind of liked those bad boys.

"Nobody gets out of here alive."
Quote Reply
Re: Maffetone- out of buisness? [bruiser98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NOw that you mention it...I haven't received one
of their (free) newsletters for quite a while.

Or...maybe it's 'cuz I didn't buy anything ?

DB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they're still here although their website may have changed. http://www.philsbar.com/back.php?name=p2a
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just looked through their website and they're out of literally everything. hmmm, maybe they are going under.
Quote Reply
Re: Maffetone- out of buisness? [dan IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I echo your thoughts, dan IL. Until this thread, they've been off my radar, out of my consciousness, for quite some time now. I hate to see these businesses go under, but there really is a ton of product out there and it's just too damn hard to keep on top of all of the formulations and associated benefits. At expos and such now, I actually try to ignore most of the vendors as I am happy with the Hammer line of liquid nutrition, Lava Gel, and Clif Bars - why make things any more confusing by sampling widely?

On a related note, what's the statuse of Amino Vital? After commandeering USAT, they've kept a very low profile. They got pretty well roasted on this forum back in the spring for not being the best of on-course fuels.....not that that has anything to do with whether they sink or swim. (Or do we actually have some influence??)
Quote Reply
Re: Maffetone- out of buisness? [hog's back] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't know about the "Amino Vital"...but back
to the Maffetone issue :

I enjoyed reading his newsletter...but began to have
a problem with his philosophy when he would recommend things on pages 1-4 and then turn around and sell you those (recommended) things on pages 5-6.

I know it's a competitive business out there...and a
man's "got to eat"...but the skeptic in me asks "Is it
really objective info?" if he can stand to profit on his
advice ?

What are others' thoughts on this.

DHB - who likes to get his info and products
from different sources....
Quote Reply