Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Madison Edgewater Hotel
Quote | Reply
Has anyone stayed at the Edgewater hotel in Madison for IMMOO? Just wondering how you liked it. I can't believe how fast all the close hotels fill up. Does anyone have advice on how to reserve some rooms as others might be cancelled?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Madison Edgewater Hotel [Chad P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edgewater is a nice hotel. The rooms area a good size, but it's about a 20 minute walk from the IM start. if you are driving a car however you could easily get dropped off and then whoever drove you could park back at the Edgewater.

It's about a 10-15 minute walk over to State Street for food etc... before the race.

Another place to check out at the same level as the Edgewater is the Sheraton which is across the street from the Allient Energy Center where the free bus is from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know how it would be for IMMOO, but it was a great place to get married.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My family and I stayed at the Edgewater hotel for '03 and '04 IM Moo races. First year was great, we got a 2 bedroom suite with a mini-kithcen, so the kids had their own room and I could get some rest. In '04 we couldn't get the suite, so had a regular room in the "new" part of the hotel (part of the parking garage). Nice room, much better view of the lake, but I would have preferred having a room separate from the kids.

I actually found the distance from Monona Terrace a good thing, it was a lot calmer and quieter, and there was a lot less temptation to constantly wander around the expo and check things out. I didn't find the walk too far, even ferrying all my transition & special needs bags and bike to check them in on Saturday. You do have to walk a little farther to find a place to eat (other than in the Edgewater), but it wasn't a big deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im staying there also, heard it is nice, but bit of walk, which may not be a bad thing.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply