Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is starky?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a nice timeline of events TRS put together....

http://trstriathlon.com/macca-trs-feud/

Macca just needs to shut up. His refusal to back down (or keep quite) keeps the story alive.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth (or in this case send a tweet) and prove it

he should be told to stop digging
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sheesh. Ben has the high ground, but both of them tweet like adolescent boys. "Shit for brains?" For all of the famed TRS wit, that's the best insult he can come up with? Pathetic effort.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 7, 15 11:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always knew Macca was a a$$hole and egomaniacal.
When he was racing it was fun to watch. And usually backed it up.
Now he just comes across as ignorant, petty, abrasive, and a bit delusional.
I used to think of him a triathlon royalty.
Now he seems very white trash.

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [powerbarjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is "white trash" even a thing in Australia?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Is "white trash" even a thing in Australia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I think you might have the point confused. The point of the SEO, is that people searching for the Bahrain 13 (not the triathlon version), will find the triathlon team and not the real Bahrain 13. It is not for people searching for the triathlon version of the Bahrain 13.

No I get it Thomas. I actually just googled Bahrain 13. Hit #1 was the Wiki for Bahrain 13. Out of the top 10 4 were directly related to the actual B13 and 4 the tri team. The other 2, one was an open letter to the tri team and the other the TRS article. So 60% related to the actual Bahrain 13. So it doesn't seem like a good strategy to me.
And do you really think if someone was looking to research the actual Bahrain 13 and they saw mainly hits for the tri team they are just gonna go, "Ah fuck it, Bahrain 13 is just a triathlon team, not a group that got tortured?"
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By your own analysis prior to setting up the trip team presumably the search results would have been 100% related to the tortured group. Pretty darn good strategy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
One thing that is finally starting to come out is that Macca is a habitual liar.

Finally, someone that sees the light. It drives me nuts how so many people hang off Macca's nuts. He is a GREAT salesman but a complete liar. People around him have told some shady stories about the man, which makes me believe he's a complete DB.

Personally I did not like TRS when he started (although I thought some of his stuff was funny), and I don't think he's great for the sport. I do know Ben is super intelligent, and as great as Macca thinks he is, I wouldn't cross Ben, even if this feud is fake. Ben doesn't owe anything to anybody in triathlon and now he has an audience to entertain within a rather boring sport.

The one thing I've leaned about Macca is I firmly believe that he believes his own lies. Ben is certainly smart enough to bring out some of these secrets if he really wants to. Macca shouldn't battle with TRS.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [trimdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if Macca values whatever the deal is with Bahrain he should STFU as he's making his sponsor look bad

I'm not sure I've seen any indication he'd understand that thoughh
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, it's an ego thing for Macca. He can't just shut up, it's against his DNA.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, he has taken down his original podcast where he began the feud with TRS and "Black Fred" (the original episode #28). However, he just can't help himself and he is at it again in the next episode.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really. Any interested party is still going to find the info on the tortured group. But I guess the money spent on the team is peanuts to them so whatever.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Personally I found the whole Lionel Sanders at the movies bit one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard in a podcast.

NUFCrichard wrote:
I think he is very hit and miss. If I never hear lionel sanders crying or that slowman is a 'man's man' again, i'll be happy!
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Andy007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Ben does the best interviews in the sport right now because he's irreverent and that leads to some interesting answers and info. You get past some of the platitudes and same old-same old and get some real insight. As for the rest of his content, some of it is funny, some of it is juvenile and much of it is just stupid. The stuff about Dan and Slowtwitch in particular I am very over. But his podcast and IM Talk are the only two I make a point of listening to every week.

Macca is awesome, he's entertaining, I miss him in the sport as a competitor. But he's also a bully, and seems to be a real "alpha-male" leader of a pack type of guy. He always seems to have lackeys and an entourage following him around patting him on the back; he frequently took young guys under his wings and made them "Robin" to his "Batman," I think to disarm them as competitors (Torrenzo Bozzone). He really reminds me of Lance Armstrong from a personality standpoint (minus the doping, I assume) and that kind of personality sees the World in terms of "camps" or "teams" and is driven by an "us vs. them" mindset. And his way of lashing out at those in the other camp is to try and mock and discredit them, not engage them in any meaningful debate on issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen nothing that would indicate he could engage in a debate leaving mocking and discrediting his only option
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Possibly, triathletes do come cheap

Not to our meeting down in Rockford :-p
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
I think Ben does the best interviews in the sport right now because he's irreverent and that leads to some interesting answers and info. You get past some of the platitudes and same old-same old and get some real insight. As for the rest of his content, some of it is funny, some of it is juvenile and much of it is just stupid. The stuff about Dan and Slowtwitch in particular I am very over. But his podcast and IM Talk are the only two I make a point of listening to every week.

Macca is awesome, he's entertaining, I miss him in the sport as a competitor. But he's also a bully, and seems to be a real "alpha-male" leader of a pack type of guy. He always seems to have lackeys and an entourage following him around patting him on the back; he frequently took young guys under his wings and made them "Robin" to his "Batman," I think to disarm them as competitors (Torrenzo Bozzone). He really reminds me of Lance Armstrong from a personality standpoint (minus the doping, I assume) and that kind of personality sees the World in terms of "camps" or "teams" and is driven by an "us vs. them" mindset. And his way of lashing out at those in the other camp is to try and mock and discredit them, not engage them in any meaningful debate on issues.

Great assessment. Dead on. Totally dead on.

I've read Macca's book and have listened to all of his podcasts.

Macca is a smart guy with a college degree (accounting i think) and a great self-promoter...in a pro wrestling kind of way (not something I admire). He knows what he's doing here.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regardless I think it is great conspiracy theory at worst, but knowing people at the same time I know they are incredibly lazy as well. If people do a search and the 1st page is all triathlete stuff I believe 95% stop there.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next