Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Macca and Asics?
Quote | Reply
Any word on why he ran in Asics? I know UA was developing a racing flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Asics? [bella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hes been using them for at least 3 yrs now

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Asics? [Flaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He had a video blog before the Honu race talking about the new flat UA was making. So I would assume he would use that shoe, as he did in the Honu race. It does not say much about the quality of UA shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had no idea that he had an UA Flat at Honu 70.3... maybe its not as comfortable as the Hyperspeeds

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Asics? [Flaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has he been using UA's for the ITU circuit and I only bring this up because it is similar to the Crowie bike situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Asics? [apexendurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really. Macca was running in Asics before he was an UA athlete. When he signed with UA, they weren't making running shoes (some would argue they still aren't). When UA made its halfhearted push into the running world, they didn't make anything up to Macca's standards apparently, so he stuck with Asics. Crowie had (has?) a contract with one company, and broke that contract by riding the bike of now two competing companies, both of which are direct competitors and have been since before he signed.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca and Asics? [apexendurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They went through, I think, 10-12 versions of a racing flat for Macca all to no avail. Then US got rid of the entire run product team and I think they gave up.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca's relationship with UA is VERY differnt to Crowie and Orbea.

I really like the way Macca has gone about the situation with UA and their shoes, he has stated that they are developing a racing flat, he is activly involved in that process and when a shoe comes out which is up to his standards he will race in it. It gives the brand much more credibility, and I for one will definatly have a good look at the new UA shoes when they come out.

Quote | Reply
The key difference is that Macca has UA's permission to wear Asics.
Quote Reply