Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
MTB day Deux...
Quote | Reply
so...I was told that a MTB is not a TT bike...meaning, you don't put your seat all the way forward, and lower the front end as much as you can...because that ain't no good to go down...
Well, I disagreed a bit as gravity made me go down a lot faster than if I was pedaling but I was told that this way, I'd have more control (actual less 'uncontrol' is more precise) of the bike...
jmhtx is going to kick my butt on a MTB this morning but I hope I'll be less hopeless...hehe...reporting later on cactus encounters
Quote Reply
Re: MTB day Deux... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the crystal ball sees Xterra in your future
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starting in late January I'll be living in Sedona, AZ. I'll need to dust off the trek 8000 MTB, replace the rigid fork with a shock fork and start riding MTB again. Can't wait.......Sedona is being billed as the .... hidden Moab.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'd have more control (actual less 'uncontrol' is more precise) of the bike"

That's huge....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: MTB day Deux... [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah! LOL!!! 2h45 later...still in one piece...couple of times the bike decided to go where I didn't want to go...did a bit of walking...but didn't crash (hard)...
jmhtx dusted me...I suck.
but Xterra is probably coming soon...gotta be fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mountain biking has been the best and most fun thing to do in the off season for me. We start at the trail head at around 4:30 and ride past dark with lights. It is cool to be off of your tri bike and get into something else for a while.

Quote Reply
Re: MTB day Deux... [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like we have the same mountain bike (probably same size as well ;-) )

honestly, the trails we have here, I wouldn't like to do them in the dark with lights...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think I may do a couple next year - definitely the one in April in my backyard.

You're breaking the mtb rules though. NO lycra unless it's race day!
Quote Reply
Re: MTB day Deux... [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where were those pictures taken? I would love to go mountain biking in that area:)!

~Work hard and play harder:)!!!~
Quote Reply
Re: MTB day Deux... [pbikergirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Las Cruces, New Mexico...Organ mountains...
very similar to El Paso (bigger) and the Franklin mountains...except that it seems that the Organ (or at least where carboner and danois are riding) seem to have far less rocks...
major hassle here...and right now...the rattlers are out...hehe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could see how the rattlers would be a problem. However I would even take those over having to ride inside which is what I am doing today :(.

~Work hard and play harder:)!!!~
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Sampson [ In reply to ]
Re: MTB day Deux... [Sampson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about you f..k off??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no...it's not the truth...it's healing...and I can't run that's all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a stress fracture is not a fracture. it's very different. it doesn't hurt on the bike (not anymore...and it did hurt while pushing big gears for an extended period of time). It just hurts on the run which is why I am off running for an other 3 weeks (after 2 MRI).

SAC isn't coaching me anymore btw...and yes...he is a very good coach.

but thanks for the advice, and thanks for following my career ;-)

(btw unlike what you stated yesterday, I have finished races recently...just no IMs indeed...heck I even won a duathlon this year..albeit a small one...and I have nothing agains the US..I live here...or Lance...but never mind...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So I guess your stress fracture or whatever you call it was just bogus at IMFL. I would think that you would be resting your leg and letting it heal so you could finish an IM in the future.

He didn't say he had a stress fracture. He said he had an MRI which indicated medial tibial marrow edema. That can be an indication of the beginning of a stress fracture OR medial tibial stress syndrome. They're both painful. If he's out there pounding on his mountain bike you can rest assured he's probably just got medial tibial stress syndrome, or "shin splints" as it's commonly called.
Quote Reply
Re: MTB day Deux... [vitesse legere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually the mri said marrow edema...not sure if it's the same thing that you mentioned but it makes running REALLY painful

btw...nice handle...Herbert would like it ;-)
Last edited by: Francois: Nov 19, 05 20:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you earn your PRO status, you don't have to do anything to keep it. Those are the rules, like them or not.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No no...not like you...I can spell...and my job isn't just a regular job...
but if all this makes you feel better...sorry you're so bitter about your life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, since you have all this time on your hands, feel free to google a bit...you'll find some finishes...even this year...yeah! ;-)
Last edited by: Francois: Nov 19, 05 21:20
Quote Reply

Prev Next