Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MET Codatronca Aero Helmet
Quote | Reply
With all the talk of the new Shiv and P-4-5 this new helmet seems to have been lost in the mix:

https://bikerumor.com/...ag-from-every-angle/

Bold claims that frankly I don't buy "reduces drag from every angle... in every position". That said, I could see how this helmet could work very well for certain people with certain positions.

Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"we thought, why didn’t someone else think of that?"

It looks like a fine helmet, at least compared to the right things. :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks really good. I think that or another of that style might be a decent change from my LG P09 for my position considering I tend to have trouble keeping my head still.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks conceptually very similar to the aerohead with a few curves thrown in
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

I think if you compared the two of them in hand the MET would be significantly "wider" and more boulbus whereas the Aerohead is quite streamlined. The idea MET has is to use the helmet to move air around the rider's shoulders. It's a good idea if you can make it work.
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

And it's quite a bit lighter! I might go for it tbh.
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For this reason alone I'm going to pick one up and test it. The Aerohead is a brick. I'm not sure I could wear it for more than an Olympic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello GreenPlease and All,

https://www.met-helmets.com/.../tri-aero/codatronca

Weight Codatronca quoted at 330g vs. 450g for Giro Aerohead ... is a plus ....

No mention of MIPS though ....

And does not appear to be certified for US yet .....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m surprised that someone hasn’t tried to use exotic materials in a helmet yet (e.g. aerogel). More expensive than EPS but you could reduce the weight considerably.
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be surprised if the medium and large helmets are more than 20 grams lighter than the Aerohead. Until the Rivale, I hadn't seen a met helmet under 275gms, but I may have missed it. Given the tendency to advertise weights for size small, I'm not optimistic on weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
British Cycling for 2012 Olympics went all in on fancy materials and customisation.

This helmet does look very interesting from a few standpoints, so I’ll be getting some to test with. There are certain athletes for whom this looks like it could be a good option.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just 3 for my store, will be coming in next week. Looks like a very nice helmet. Will post some on it when i have in stock.
Looks really interesting

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
I just 3 for my store, will be coming in next week. Looks like a very nice helmet. Will post some on it when i have in stock.
Looks really interesting

Jeroen

Have you got any in stock yet?
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yes, already about 3 weeks ago, right after that original post. Will likely be my new helmet for next season. It is super nice that it feels so much lighter then the Giro Aerbrick. No, serious, the Aerohead is a fantastic helmet but for me it is really heavy but most of all just too hot for me.

But only M's no size L yet. But the fit is sport on for me, I just like it a lot also position wise.

regards,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked someone can keep their head that low and look straight ahead like that. How does one get that kind of flexibility? At that head height I'm looking maybe 3 feet ahead of my wheels.

Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It certainly helps to have eyeballs that stick out past your brow...;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Are you selling it yet? I searched around a bit but couldn't see it for sale anywhere. Seems like December is the official release date. I'd like to test it out as I like the over all design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another thing. Turtle. Pivot your neck down at your shoulder and up at your head. Takes some practice.
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try that, thanks. I've been practicing and it looks way better in my last race pictures but still nowhere near this guy
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we do. Although i have to admit i think i have to add it to our online store. We are building a new one that launches jan 1st. But if you like to get 1 in black/red let me know. I can easily add one to our store or help you out in a different way.

Regards,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My head position is just a touch higher and I can nearly see the horizon. Shrugging makes it easier to look up with your head that low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While the helmet looks good and I'd love to get my hands on one for the next sessions at A2 that I run in January, when I read stuff from Bikerumor I cringe. Their first paragraph is so full of bullshit it's hard to get to the rest of the article. For instance this sentence: "those long helmets quickly become an aero liability."

I can think of several people who we've tested where those long tail helmets, when the tail came off the back, were faster.

But yeah I want to test it if it's legal in the US

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should read some of the Danish cycling news sites! Misinformation, wrong understanding of concepts, spelling and grammatical errors. The horror!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll send you a PM :)
Quote Reply
Re: MET Codatronca Aero Helmet [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
While the helmet looks good and I'd love to get my hands on one for the next sessions at A2 that I run in January, when I read stuff from Bikerumor I cringe. Their first paragraph is so full of bullshit it's hard to get to the rest of the article. For instance this sentence: "those long helmets quickly become an aero liability."

I can think of several people who we've tested where those long tail helmets, when the tail came off the back, were faster.

But yeah I want to test it if it's legal in the US

You end up testing this one Brian?
Quote Reply