Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MAP; what great day to race
Quote | Reply
MAP sprint tri (500y pool Sw - 10mi 2laps B - 5k R)in Charlotte, NC was Sat 3/22. The weather couldn't have been any better and it was great to see triathletes of all levels giving it their best and upping it to the max. Some were disappointed and a lot improved. Go KTALON!!! Way to go Caroline (my spouse) 3rd athena!!! I logged a modest 5% improvement yr/yr but fell short of my 1:06:00 goal by 3 minutes.

But the bike leg is a kick for me I passed a lot of triathletes on my 15 yr old trek 1200, they on mid to high end bikes with aero wheels, me on my old trek. Feed the engine right comes to mind....

Transitions (I shouldn't share this - it's where I gain a lot of my time); flying bike mount, and run around those who are trying to clip in at the "mount line". Dismount with feet out of the shoes, and standing on one side on the pedal/shoe.

In a sprint/oly race spend little time in the transition area, grab and go (just don't do like me; in my excitement I put my helmet on backwards - did not stop it's on; just go).

The NCTS series has started, and I am excited; next will be a pool sprint (Azalea) with my 11 year old girl I will "race" with her.

Triathlon what a wonderful lifestyle!

Henk *** slowly but surely working towards IMF ***

Alex Jonker
Quote Reply