Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Luc van Lierde is BACK!
Quote | Reply
I've waited three years for LVL to get back where he belongs -- on top -- and he just won Ironman Malaysia!

What a relief to see he can still handle the training, travel, and pressure it takes to come out #1.

Granted, IM Malaysia doesn't equate to Hawaii, but there were some quality competitors there, and 8:31 in their heat and humidity it a great sign of things to come. He lead wire-to-wire with almost half-an-hour over #2.
Quote Reply
Re: Luc van Lierde is BACK! [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was clearly on his game. fastest swim, fastest bike, #2 run and he wasn't being pushed, and there were some very quality people there. Now, if he can avoid injury he should be right in the mix in Kona.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Luc van Lierde is BACK! [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was an impressive race. I guess Luc had to walk some toward the end of the marathon, but he apparantly told Belgian press that he drank some water out of the buckets where they keep sponges and it made him throw up.

It's hard to compare apples and oranges, but I notice that Luc's margin of victory over Yoshinori Tamura and Petr Vabrousek were roughly the same as Tim DeBoom's margin over them in Hawaii last year. Does this put Luc in the hunt for Hawaii again...

If he's healthy, I's say so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to hear. Just curious as to what he is riding now. He won the 1999 IM Hawaii with fastest bike split on a Giant TCR road bike. Just wondering if he is still riding shallow?
Quote Reply
Re: Luc van Lierde is BACK! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe he rode a LOOK KG486, seat tube anlge is spec'd around 73-74* depending on what size he's riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Luc van Lierde is BACK! [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Errrm, he used to ride a Storck.

German Bike, extremely lightweight.

Here are also some great pictures made on Lanzarote. I remember them being made actually while I was on trainingcamp at Club Lasanta

http://www.storck-bicycle.de/web/news/lvlierde.htm

grtz,

Jeb Bush

* I bet I can eat 50 eggs ;-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Omloop "Het Volk"

De winter zit nog in de stramme benen,
de koppen staan al dagenlang op scherp
De horde neemt en masse de eerste terp,
Dan zwiept het koord, de zweep van taaie zenen.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Quote Reply
Re: Luc van Lierde is BACK! [Jeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know much about these bikes, although they are probably well known in Europe. It looks like a road bike with a shallow geometry? Would you know if this is so?
Quote Reply
Re: Luc van Lierde is BACK! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Storck makes very special bikes. There are not so much around in Europe either, because they are so expensive. I think it is a normal road-bike.

It looks like it's more and more back to basics.

Why would anyone want steep geometry?

;-)

Jeb "who rode his 6 speed 1977 Rossin bike - (6 speed campagnolo superrecord)" Bush

* it's a classic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are pretty neat pictures of Luc on his Storck bike, but he is riding with LOOK now. There was a cool picture on www.ironmanlive.com during their coverage of the race.

I think many of Luc's sponsor's bailed after his injuries the last few years, and then LOOK and a few others came into the picture for him. I heard that this is going to be a make-or-break year for him as far as sponsorship.

It looks like LOOK is getting their money's worth!

Thanks for the cool pix, though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'v checked the picture. It is very much a Look!! So he changed again. Ermmm, I'll ask him if the Storck is for sale. :-) Perhaps I like the Colnago he used very early on most.

Myself I have to get a new bike. The Bianchi has a crack in the frame and it is back to homeland Italy. Maybe a Principia. They are supposed to be the stiffest frames around.

Happy training,

Jeb Bush

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Daarna dringt de droomfinale op

in stof en slijk, waar slechts de wetten gelden

van soepel lijf en uitgeharde kop.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude...

Your posts have said that you go to training camps on Lanzarote, and you're "going to check with Luc to see if his Storck is for sale."

WHO ARE YOU?

You must be a pro triathlete with a lot of talent and some friends in very high places (Luc).

Fill us in on who "JEB" really is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Naaah, wish I was a Pro, but I am only an enthousiastic agegrouper.

My real name is Gerard (another one! :-) )

Jeb Bush

(apparently I look a bit like him. So that explains the nick)
Quote Reply