Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Low Traffic Roads for Cycling in Metro DC?
Quote | Reply
Well, anyone?

Dave from Northern VA
Quote Reply
Re: Low Traffic Roads for Cycling in Metro DC? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacArthur Blvd out of Georgetown... you get nice rolling hills!

There is always Hains Point anytime during the day as well... although I hear it's been closed now with the snow...

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Last edited by: audentia: Jan 26, 05 15:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the MacArthur loop. there's a group ride going on a regular basis if you're interested. check www.dcvelo.com. Make sure you go up the hill at Old Anglers' Inn, go down to Great Falls (MD side), back up, back DOWN to OAI, backtrack about a mile, and then take a left onto Brickyard Rd. There's a great hill workout to be had there.

have you every been out to Sugarloaf? Get yourself a DC cycling map, and you should be good to go. They have them at most bikestores. WABA (wash aread bicyclists' assoc'n) also has a '50 rides in and around Washington' that can be helpful. Potomac Pedalers are also a wealth of information - I know folks who ride w/ them and love it.

Weekends, I like to go out Beach Dr. (mostly closed for cars, cross the East West Hwy, then go up the Mormon Temple Hill, and continue out until the end of Beach Dr. Classic DC ride also.

At the right time (weekdays, mostly, weekends before 10) going up the Capital Crescent trail is a good time.

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
river road somewhere by potomac/seneca/gaithersburg by all the huge houses theres a park somewhere to park at.
Quote Reply
Re: Low Traffic Roads for Cycling in Metro DC? [bughead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A popular ride start off River Rd is Riley's Lock. From Riley's, lots a nice rolling hills options to choose from. The C&O canal is there too. It's nice to run on.

greg
Quote Reply
Re: Low Traffic Roads for Cycling in Metro DC? [yawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where does that start on River Road? I live deep downtown and am a big fan of Rock Creek and MacArthur, but a little more variety would be very nice...
Quote Reply
Re: Low Traffic Roads for Cycling in Metro DC? [matty1281] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rereading bugheads post, I think he is describing Riley's.
It's about nine miles north of Potomac. Take a left at the stop sign at the T. Riley's is about .5 to a mile on the left from the T.

greg
Quote Reply