Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Love the Pain on Aliexpress
Quote | Reply
I really do like some of LTP's designs. Has anyone ordered them from Aliexpress? If so, what is the quality, fit, and shipping timeframe?
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if only there was an exhaustive thread on this subject on the forum. How might one find it... ;)

Here and Here you go, read away

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Jan 29, 21 11:44
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to buy from Aliexpress not LTP. They're outsourcing to China anyway so I'm thinking the product will be very similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blatant rip offs. But some of the Ali gear is decent. So go for it and gamble.

I’ve gotten some stuff from Ali that I’ve been super impressed with (eg Racmmer). It’s not Castilli or Wattie Ink quality, but it’s “good enough” (like ending up with a Honda instead of a Porsche).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
I really do like some of LTP's designs. Has anyone ordered them from Aliexpress? If so, what is the quality, fit, and shipping timeframe?

You should change the subject line. What you're talking about is counterfeit gear.

I know nothing about LTP other than the mostly-negative threads on this forum.

And I have no big issue with with buying cheap goods on aliexpress. If you want to buy really cheap no-name kits from overseas, then go for it.

But I draw my personal line at counterfeit goods. It's straightforward theft.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 29, 21 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahh, well, in that case you've at least got a chance. The service from Aliexpress can't be any worse! :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lmao! So I'd be buying a rip off from Aliexpress of a product from a rip off company being LTP? The alternative is buying from LTP, paying ten times the price and never receiving the product. Get off your high horse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
Lmao! So I'd be buying a rip off from Aliexpress of a product from a rip off company being LTP? The alternative is buying from LTP, paying ten times the price and never receiving the product. Get off your high horse.

Ali express = robinhood
LTP = hedge fund you can’t be in

Squeeze that short position
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:

I was just describing my approach, and suggesting you speak accurately about what you're doing. I wasn't sure you fully understood it's almost certainly counterfeit gear.

You said you liked LTP's designs. Somewhere there are some people who spent time and effort making those designs. If you buy on aliexpress, you will not be compensating those people for their work in any form.

If there's some design I like, I tend to like to reward the people responsible for the design, if it's in my budget. If it's not, I'll go with another design.

I don't call this "high horse," just basic decency. But you can call me high horse, and I'll wear the badge with some pride.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 29, 21 12:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd have no issue buying from LTP, if the product could be guaranteed to be delivered and in a timely manner. I've been told they don't fulfill orders.

As well, you're not describing what you would do, you're telling me what to do and judging me.

Perhaps I'll find the look alikes without corporate logos so as to meet your definition of what constitutes morality.
Last edited by: Raw Vegan: Jan 29, 21 13:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
I'd have no issue buying from LTP, if the product could be guaranteed to be delivered and in a timely manner. I've been told they don't fulfill orders.

As well, you're not describing what you would do, you're telling me what to do and judging me.

That's true, I was a little judgey. But that was the gentle version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate it. I'm not one to buy knock offs. Ever...but given the alternative I'd just have to buy a kit from a different vendor which still is an option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:

I was just describing my approach, and suggesting you speak accurately about what you're doing. I wasn't sure you fully understood it's almost certainly counterfeit gear.

You said you liked LTP's designs. Somewhere there are some people who spent time and effort making those designs. If you buy on aliexpress, you will not be compensating those people for their work in any form.

If there's some design I like, I tend to like to reward the people responsible for the design, if it's in my budget. If it's not, I'll go with another design.

I don't call this "high horse," just basic decency. But you can call me high horse, and I'll wear the badge with some pride.

Yes, but are you willing to wait 8 months for a product to arrive, if it arrives, but in the wrong size from LTP? And they don't communicate with you, then they get combative with you? Or, do you put a nickel in the Ali-Express machine?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Yes, but are you willing to wait 8 months for a product to arrive, if it arrives, but in the wrong size from LTP? And they don't communicate with you, then they get combative with you? Or, do you put a nickel in the Ali-Express machine?

I took a quick look at LTP, and you couldn't pay me to wear that stuff.

But off the top of my head, I can't think of any cycling-related product where I love the design so much that I'd choose counterfeit if I had some problem with the original manufacturer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not doing the counterfeit stuff either. Generally you end up supporting that brand with exposure if you wear it...and after feeling the pain from a few transactions four years ago. I'm out, lol.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
I appreciate it. I'm not one to buy knock offs. Ever...but given the alternative I'd just have to buy a kit from a different vendor which still is an option.

I’d recommend Ownway Apparel. Custom design in a typical waiting period and super high quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only buy if you can see pics of the actual garment (most of the ltp fakes just use images taken from the ltp site). Typically you will see that the trisuit is much less anatomic than wattie/ltp/etc. It will look more like a top and shorts sewn together at the waist, and the fabric is fairly basic poly/lycra.

What you get is a low-end trisuit with a funky ltp print.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:

I saw that a while ago, thought about starting a thread about it but I knew I didn't care enough to follow up. Thought about buying one of the knock-offs and posting here saying how great it was and starting a bunch of shxt but didn't want to do that to Dan :)

With that said, I've bought through Aliexpress twice now. It's just a conduit to suppliers and I've been happy with the results. They have a ranking system and keep inquiring if I'm happy. I haven't had any problems but I feel fairly safe if I did, first through them and second through American Express.

I've bought clothing twice through Weimostar. It's cheap jerseys that I really like; prices are between $10 and $20. I recently bought cycling kits (jersey+shorts) for $25 per set. I'm on the second season of the first set of jerseys and they've held up well.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've bought 1 set of carbon clinchers (4 years ago), 2 carbon road handle bars, and 5 saddles. Honestly, they've all been pretty great quality. I don't use those saddles on bikes I ride a lot, but it's nice having $15 saddles to throw on spare bikes that still look nice and are comfy. The last saddles I ordered arrived in like 3 weeks as well, which is pretty good for them.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:

I saw that a while ago, thought about starting a thread about it but I knew I didn't care enough to follow up. Thought about buying one of the knock-offs and posting here saying how great it was and starting a bunch of shxt but didn't want to do that to Dan :)

With that said, I've bought through Aliexpress twice now. It's just a conduit to suppliers and I've been happy with the results. They have a ranking system and keep inquiring if I'm happy. I haven't had any problems but I feel fairly safe if I did, first through them and second through American Express.

I've bought clothing twice through Weimostar. It's cheap jerseys that I really like; prices are between $10 and $20. I recently bought cycling kits (jersey+shorts) for $25 per set. I'm on the second season of the first set of jerseys and they've held up well.

Good overview of the Weimostar jerseys:

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do people talk about Ali like it's a brand instead of a marketplace? Some stuff might be decent quality while other is junk. Some stuff might arrive in 1 week and other in 5 months.

This applies to kits, none of which are actually LTP
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I've bought 1 set of carbon clinchers (4 years ago), 2 carbon road handle bars, and 5 saddles. Honestly, they've all been pretty great quality. I don't use those saddles on bikes I ride a lot, but it's nice having $15 saddles to throw on spare bikes that still look nice and are comfy. The last saddles I ordered arrived in like 3 weeks as well, which is pretty good for them.

What saddles did you get?
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds about right.

I've got a few $100 Jerseys and I've got 5 Weimostars. I wear the Weimostars most of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

Reading this thread, this is exactly what I was thinking but I'm stealing "Put a nickel in the Ali Express machine" for future use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:

I don’t really care what you do. But, I’m trying to reconcile this post with your thread and I can’t.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 30, 21 5:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next