Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Louis Garneau Rocket TT helmet mini review
Quote | Reply
Fits much better than the Prologue, lighter, better venting. I tried it on and it feels much better than the Prologue when in the aero position.

Aero profile is refined and flows better off the head onto the back in my my opinion. Looks similar to Bell helmets in the Tour. Legal in the US. MSRP $180

- Gary

Others I tried:

Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Rocket TT helmet mini review [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you get me one for Florida?
if they sell it, I'd pay you back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must say that it really looks great. Very stylish. But does it test any more aero than covering the holes on a regular helmet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary,

Silver and Blue only??

How about Uvex?? When??

JB
Last edited by: JBergland: Oct 6, 04 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Rocket TT helmet mini review [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we need to rename CG Ebeneezer Scrooge...lol...or penny pincher...or cheapskate..j/k...either your business isn't doing so well these days or you're stock piling money a la Bill Gates...all this money you save by not buying into the latest and greatest old Bill had better be watching his fincial back (in hindsight I do see the wisdom behind your choices...they're just not as fun)
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Rocket TT helmet mini review [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think we need to rename CG Ebeneezer Scrooge...lol...or penny pincher...or cheapskate"

It's just my nature to think in practical terms. That's why I have CH Aero covers and cover over the holes on my helmet. It works just as good, so why pay more.

But...I do spend money when I have to. I couldn't find a cheap CH Aero style aero frame so splurged for a P2K (used of course!!). Couldn't get my butt comfortable on any saddle so I coughed up for a Fizik Arione.

Also, having other expensive hobbies such as scuba and photography as well as a daughter in university eats into the tri budget sometimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know I was just pulling your leg right? I too am frugal to a fault..just not as militant about certain things are you can be (not that it's a bad thing mind you). Three things in life you can count on are death, taxes, and cerveloguy touting the virtues of CH aero covers;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are all these helmets going to be available in '05? What is the anticapted release date on the Lazer/RP/etc.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"frugal to a fault"

I think if nothing else the expensive equipment might have a psychological advantage. It shows that someone is serious about the sport (unless they're posing). Myself and another guy did a duathlon with him running and me cycling one time. We won the team event (mostly thanks to his running). The next year we showed up and there was another team there where the cyclist was a roadie/TT'er type on a brand new Lightspeed Blade with Zipp disc AND Garneau helmet. I knew that my used off ebay thirty dollar CH Aero covers and five dollar plastic window covering over my helmet would work just as well but I remembering thinking "we're not going to win this year". We didn't. Those guys beat us soundly and we had to settle for the silver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty sure it was more than just psychological at that point..and it wasn't just the equipment that beat you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, no substitute for wattage...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Rocket TT helmet mini review [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speaking of wattage..CG..you come up with a lower cost solution to monitoring this? You could make a fortune here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"more than just psychological at that point"

Not denying that one bit. That guy could have probably beaten me if he showed up on his mountain bike. BUT...he looked the part and I knew we were done before the race started. I've seen lots of people on expensive equipment but this guy just had an aura about him that must have been more than just the equipment that had us psyched.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Rocket TT helmet mini review [JBergland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silver and Blue only??

>> and white

How about Uvex?? When??

>> Uvex tt helmets are available in 05, legal, but too long for my liking, plus they are closed in, in the back, not a big fan, probably get hot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing a bunch of cool colors in the Garneau catalogue. I tried on the helmet at USAT nationals. Fit much much better than my current Garneau TT lid and the retention system is much smoother. Helmet was no lightweight though. The guy there told me that they are getting rid of those two little indentations just behind your ears as they caused turbulence in tunnel tests. Sure look cool though. Think the retail was $180 or something like that. The pearl paints jobs are very nice
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau Rocket TT helmet mini review [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried on a L yesterday, fit the same as my L Prologue.

Felt a little lighter, but I cant be sure without having the actual weights.

It seemed more aero, and streamlined.
Quote Reply