Looking for a good bike for small woman
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a good road bike for myself
I'm 5'2 115lbs, any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a good bike for small woman [Newbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's you inseam? What's your budget.

I'd guess you will likely fit a 48 cm frame but do get fitted professionally. For quality/ride comfort/value it doesn't get much better than the Cervelo Super Prodigy, but there's also lots to chose from.

http://www.cervelo.com/bikes/SPG.html#Geometry
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a good bike for small woman [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the vote for the Cervelo Prodigy contingent on whether it fits you correctly.

One note of caution: Be suspicious of "Women's geometry bikes". Some are very good, some are condescending attempts at marketing hype for female cyclists. It is important to see the bike for what it is. Powder blue paint jobs, short stems and wide, short saddles do not make a women's bike. Good bike fit makes a women's bike, and for that matter- a man's too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it seems to me that I see quite a few bikes around for short women, you have to note that I live in Hawaii where 5' women are very common though. My girlfriend is 5'2" and rides a 48cm cestrel 500sci. A little big for her but she's comfortable and loves it. I know Cervelo has a number of 48cm models, and both Cannondale and Trek have very nice women's specific road models. Specialized just got into the women's specific game as well. My girlfriend talked to the specialized rep about it for quite a while at IM Kona. So if you look you should be able to find a bike from a large brand and if not Softride, Terry and many other smaller companies offer bikes that will fit even smaller riders than you perfectly. One thing though, try to make sure that the shop you buy it from doesn't try to squeeze you on a too big frame with a super super shorty stem. My girlfriends old trek had like a 20mm stem, super short and the handling was hella twitchy. good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad just bought his wife a Trek 5200 woman's specific. I was told that it had a shorter top tube than the standard bike.

Here is a link to the road bike section. The woman's bikes are near the center of the page.

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/road/#

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ask Cerveloguy he fits the bill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a great deal on www.stbiking.com classified adds.

trek 5200 (?) 48cm $500
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At 5'2'', personally, I would look at road bike builders willing to build a frame with 650 wheels.
Or actually, any custom frame builder should be able to do this (as long as it's real custom)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually I have a small bike and was looking for a.... uh... never mind... :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry that's www.stlbiking.com and it's not there but there is a Lemond 57cm 1999 $200
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a good bike for small woman [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Ask Cerveloguy he fits the bill '

Actually Dude, I'm 5'10.

Still haven't got over last weeks post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"5'2 115lbs"

felt has <$1000 road bikes sized 47cm built over 650c wheels. those wheels are a must for somebody your size. felt offers really good values, and you might get more for your money v c'dale's feminine or trek's WSD (nowadays i always want to call it WMD).

but don't forget softride. if you can spend the $1495 i really like this company's women's bike, also 650c, and ought to fit you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Ask Cerveloguy he fits the bill "

Sorry, I might have misinterpreted your post. After all you did hurl a couple of insults at Canuks and myself personally last week.

Why can't we all just be friends.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife is exactly your size, she has a Titus Drop-U in the extra small size that fits her really well. I does have 700 wheels, I actually consider that to be an advantage, because if you double(or triple) flat in a group good luck finding someone with a spare 650 tube.

The frame is also extremely light, a little over 2 pounds, but rides very smoothly. My wife had a softride qualifier with 650C wheels, and finds the comfort on this bike to be nearly as good.

If you are considering Triathlons I would more likely reccomend 650 wheels as you probably couldnt get a low enough aero position with the taller front end of a 700C wheeled bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a good bike for small woman [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was being a wisea_ s . I just wanted to see if you were paying attention today : ) I just love to push those buttons , I know it's a problem BUT I'm working on it ; )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using the bike for Triathlon?

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'1" and ride a 48 cm Cervelo Soloist and a 48 cm Calfee Luna Pro. Both fit well, but the Soloist has a little more standover room due to compact geometry. Also, both are 700c and I have some toe overlap on both bikes. If you are looking at fitting aerobars onto a road bike, you may have some issue with getting a short enough headtube. The Soloist does not get low enough for me to achieve the flatback aero positions you see in the magazines. I think the Calfee may have a shorter head tube, but I haven't tried putting aerobars on it.

I have also ridden a 49cm Bianchi Eros Donna with 650c, but I don't think it's offered with 650 wheels anymore. It's probably comparable in geometry to the Cannondale and Trek WSD bikes.
Quote Reply