Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of any? Even an Auquathon would do. Was hoping to do the Aqua at Steelhead but they canceled it this year. Even Upper Ohio would work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I must be right because everyone else is "On My Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [TriBrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if its in 6 weeks, but Island Lake triathlon and Open water Swim (1.5mile) check out swimfasttrifast.com server is down currently though.

Found the registration page (link)

It is Aug 19th.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jul 6, 07 15:41
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [TriBrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fat Rabbit racing COWS--Columbus Open Water Swim. Columbus might be a little far away, though.

http://www.fatrabbitracing.com/...WaterSwim/COWS3.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racine in 2 weeks has an Aquabike. Also, I think Grand Haven does an open water swim soon too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are looking for just a swim, July 21 St. Joseph, Mi. Venetian Festival. I believe they have a mile and a 1/2 mile swim. Sign up at 10:30, 12:00 start. There may be more info at www.venetian.org.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [runner45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 Disciplines have their swim/run series, also isn't there an open water swim in Harbor Springs

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grand Haven - August 18th

sponsored by the Tri Cities Family YMCA.

8:00 a.m. start with mandatory pre swim meeting at 7:45

Lake Michigan - point to point along the shore - 1.75M

starts at North Beach Park, finishing at North Pier.

616-842-7051

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a reallly great event. Well organized and a lot of fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"...isn't there an open water swim in Harbor Spring"
Code:
Harbor Springs Coastal Crawl it is! An Open Water 3 mile swim should be the perfect prelude to IMLOU! Thanks for all the suggestons!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I must be right because everyone else is "On My Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's the 19th. We just changed servers for our website so it was down for a few days.

I'm the swim coordinator this year :)

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your the swim coordinator, who is going to watch over and sleep with my titanflex (w/neverreach) Saturday night at the boathouse. You did sleep with my Kona Jake last year didn't you ;)

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Michigan Open Water Swim event in the next 6 weeks? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave D "The Prez" will have those honors this year :P

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Muncie is this weekend as someone else said Racine is in two. Both have aqua bikes.

Big shoulders 5K swim is on Sept 8 but I think that is just outside of your 6 week parameter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are some open water swims from the Michigan Masters website:

http://www.michiganmasters.com/distance_postals.htm

Scroll down about half way through the page to the Open Water Schedule and Other Open Water Swims.

I'll be at the Harbor Springs Coastal Crawl with my GF if I don't do Steelhead.

jaretj
Quote Reply