Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long run the day after long bike or......
Quote | Reply
in the middle of the week? What do you think? Personally, I like doing my long run in the middle of the week. I feel like I sacrifice the quality of my long run if I do it on Sunday after a long bike ride on Saturday. I prefer a medium distance run on Sunday (just go with what my legs give me that day). When I switched my long run to Wednesday, I rarely had a bad run.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run long on wednesday too. I still consider it to be one of my BT workouts and keep it separated from my other one on Saturday - long bike shorter run.

I leave sunday for fun bike riding and running. I ride with a group or just do some fun speed work with a lot of rest intervals.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just switched to doing my long run on thursday instead of sunday ... so far so good!
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [2fast4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi I have always done long ride saturday and long run sunday... because... there is a group that runs on sunday and i like running with them.. the ride on saturday doesn't really affect the run and you need to learn to run with tired legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have this problem, too. I would do my long bike on Saturday with a group, and then try to to my long run on Sunday. Wasn't working. I tried to alternate days, but even then whichever workout fell on Sundays suffered. So I switched my long runs to Thursday at 5:30 a.m. and it works great.
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [dr steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what benefits will I learn by running on tired legs dr steve?

Mike I agree, it's better to do a long run a few days away from your long bike. You can maintain a higher velocity and/or cover a bit more ground, it takes less time to recover and you not as beat up going into the third day after the long ride long run. But I suspect you already knew all that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [dr steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i still run after my long bike ... i just dont do my long run then
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [2fast4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always thought it was better to do the long run on tired legs. Everything I have read emphasizes that the point of the long run a day after the long ride is to better simulate race conditions. In a race, you are going to be running on tired legs. Why not train that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tired legs is a relative term... i always thought that running long on sunday( around 2 hours) after a long ride on saturday ( 3-6 hours depending where you are in the season) got you ready for ironman.. learning to run with miles on your legs... my recovery day has always been monday.. recuperation no training or easy swim.. then fresh for the next week

steve
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont know .... im not an expert ... i follow the advise of the wise one's
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a race you're going to run after having biked the day before?

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Long run the day after long bike or...... [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For some of us that is how it feels ;)
Quote Reply