Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Litespeed Anyone?
Quote | Reply
So I see Cervelo all over on these posts. I certainly agree that they make a good bike, but does anyone ride anything else??

So I'd like to toss something out there: How about Litespeed? I'm looking at a Litespeed Saber, to be specific. Now I know the frame materials are different as compared to the P2K etc, but does anyone have any feedback on the Saber?

I'm curious to see some thoughts...
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Anyone? [BigRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had my Saber for almost two years, love it. Bought a Classic road bike last year and love it even more. Sweet bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Ultimate with 8speed dura ace. It has been wonderful. I may upgrade all components on it soon. Still debating Campy.

I dont think you can go wrong with Litespeed Titanium. Lifetime warranty to original owner. Great bikes. Wide selection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live a couple of towns over from the Litespeed factory and I can't wait until I can afford one myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The SAber, Blade and Tachyon are awesome bikes. The Blade in particular is fantastic now, and it used to have its share of problems. I'm a big fan of the Saber too.

I'd like to have a Blade custom painted Lime green. That would be cool.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't comment specifically about the Saber, but I own 3 Litespeed's...well, 2 Litespeed's and one QR (sister company to Litespeed) and I love them.

I think if you want a bike that is built for a "lifetime", these are the ones.

I have had to call Litespeed a few times and always get prompt customer service. And I don't care what people say, there is something "magical" about titanium.

Plus it's nice buying a product made here in the good ol US of A!!!

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Saber which I love. Herbert has always been available with service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Saber this fall. I previously owned a Talon SL. Although both frames are similar in price, I would, by far, recommend the Saber. The bottom bracket is stiffer. The geometry is, of course, triathlon specific. Also, I believe that it just plain feels better to ride. The only caution I would give you about the Saber is that the headtube is relatively long. If you're looking for an ultra-low front end, this bike would not be what you're looking for. As for me, I just touched my toes for the first time last year, and it suits me fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Anyone? [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You hit the nail on the head. One of the best reasons to buy a Litespeed, in addition to fit and workmanship, is durability.

From my experience selling Litespeeds for many years, they are the most durable bikes we sell. The new Blade is such an improvement over previous versions they probably should have changed the name.

Another thing I was impressed with on the new Blade is ride quality. Very, very good. The nicest Ti bike I have been on. Beefy too. It is really a hot feeling race bike. I like it.

I had a Guru Aero-Ti early last year with a carbon rear end. It was kind of like a cross between a Blade and Saber. This year, I might get a Saber though to check out. I have loved working on new ones for customers. It really is a bike to lust over.

Also, for all the (deserved) hub-bub about Bjorn, it is also worth mentioning Francois Carboud (however you spell it). That guy is fast on his Blade. Same with Cameron Brown, who won New Zealand on a Blade.

The design changes in that bike are very nice- especially the sloping top tube, are nice.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not ride anything else! I own 2 Litespeed bicycles and one QR. IMO they are the pinnacle in the bicycle industry. Each time I buy a new frame, I go to the factory for a tour. I never get tired of seeing the place and meeting the folks who designed and crafted my frame. If you have the opportunity, I’d highly recommend it. You will be sold on Litespeeds forever. The tour gives you an appreciation of the skill and precision that goes into making a quality handmade titanium frame that will last a lifetime.

Thank you very much Herbert.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Anyone? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Cam Brown was riding a Ghisallo at IM NZ, as he was waiting for his new Blade to arrive. In either case, they're both SWEET bikes. My current (and only) bike is an Ultimate, circa 2001, before they introduced carbon seatstays, and I just built up a Ghisallo as my wife's race bike. Both are absolutely beautiful. I've lusted after the Blade for years, and if I happen to win the lottery, I'll run out and get me one. I'll never part with my Ultimate though.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Anyone? [mthammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...Did I make a mistake? I just switched from a 2002 Saber to a 2005 Kuota Kalibur. I raced many local races along with three IM's on the Saber and loved it. I've only been out on the road with the Kuota once thus far but I can tell you this, this bike will get up and move, it's very responsive and light. The only concern I have is the durability of the frame, with this being my first carbon bike I'm a little unsure of the material.

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Anyone? [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think when people talk about durability, it's not only about breaking under use. Accident survivability is a part of it. It's possible that a carbon fiber bike will be just as survivable, but there's got to be a reason that most Ti builders have lifetime warranties.

For a TT bike I don't think durability is as big an issue as someone who does a road races and crits however. One thing I know for sure is I would not buy an aluminum bike. Not because they aren't good but I would always be afraid of denting it from either crashes or from daily use. I've gotten dents in steel frames before but I think it would be pretty tough to dent my Ti bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a Siena back in August and I absolutely love it. Spec'd it with Campy Chorus, slapped some Profile Jammer's on it and it's perfect for my MOP/short distance racing stuff....

If I ever feel the need for a Tri-specific bike, I know I'll look at Litespeed first.

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Anyone? [mthammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cam Brown (NZ) rode his Blade at the IM NZ this year, however in IM Germany he rode his Ghisallo. Francois Chabaud (FRA) and Timo Bracht (GER) raced their Blades pretty much all season, with the exception of Embrunman, where Chabaud switched to a Vortex.
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed / QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I ride a 2003 Blade. I love this bike. If I'd need a tri bike now I would have a big problem - should I take the new tiphoon or the blade?

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Saber this fall after looking for a lllooonnngggg time for the right bike for me. I needed a longer headtube for my own fit needs and the Saber has it. My first extended experience on a titanium bike and it has been a pleasure to ride. Herbert at Litespeed was VERY good about answering a few questions I had about the purchase. Can't wait for spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Anyone? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on the 2005 frame and complete bike prices? I did not see anything on their website.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too have a Saber and love it. I sweat a lot and had some corrosion issues with my Cannondale aluminum bikes (bubbling under the paint). Though I did like my Cannondale very much, the Saber is a much more worry free bike. Also, I'm pretty sure you can get one now for around $2,500, about a grand off the original retail price. What a steal.
Quote Reply