Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lintamin Cycling Shoes
Quote | Reply
I've been off the bike recovering from a toe injury for 2 months. I have spent that time hunting for new shoes with a more natural fit which I think will help with the problem.

For the most part, every shoe I try on feels narrow and I don't like the fit. I'm pretty sure my injury as caused because I bought a shoe one or two sizes too big in a quest to fix comfort/hot spot issues. I was doing intervals on the kickr and going from a short (20sec) 2x FTP effort to a recovery level. My foot was jamming into the front of the shoe and caused my big toe joint to swell.

I run in Topo and Altra shoes and I want a cycling shoe that fits the same. Close in the heal and arch area with room for toes and mid foot.

I just read through the Bont review on the front page and they seem to be what I want but of course nobody in the area has them to try.

The S-Works Recon looks great but is $400.

Anyone here every try the Lintamin Minimal?

http://lintaman.com/...ng-shoe-version-2-0/

Pretty ugly but interesting function for sure.

And lastly the Lake wide fit shoes. Again, nowhere to try them on.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintamin Cycling Shoes [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pulling the trigger on buying them in response to my still-unresolved neuroma problem. Afterwards, I will have to go through another bike fit to accommodate my mid-sole cleat position. It's a small price to pay (especially considering the $1,000+ alternative from D2.

And yes, they are ugly, but at my age, I need to avoid feet-on-fire more than anything else and if this does work, then I may upgrade to the completely custom model.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you located? there may be a way to get a Lake Wide or double wide to you....feel free to pm me.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just tried to order the shoes from their website and nothing seems to be working. Two different computers gave the same response.

I will post when I get some response from the company via email.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Lintamin Cycling Shoes [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you going to use a custom orthotic in them? They seem perfect for that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I was fit for a new pair two days ago. I hope that moving to a mid-foot cleat position will at least postpone aggravating my remaining foot nerves until the run...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Hi You guys

I am good friends with the owner of Lintaman. Chris himself.

I will reach out to him and let him know you are having issues ordering. Just email me at service@culpritbicycles.com and I will forward that to him.

regarding the shoes. I LOVE Mine. have bonts for tri and custom bonts just because I wanted matching shoes, but hung them all up in favor of adjust pro. and with the newer version out, I am itching to get those with the heel adjustment.

Lintamans are great shoes. I highly recommend them.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Lintamin Cycling Shoes [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done-email sent for you to forward.

Thanks again for your help and my Culprit with 650c wheels is still going strong!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have shoe problems too. I started with some cheap Shimano trip shoes with a single strap. They we're what the bike shop cartied and they recommended them for wide feet. Because they were ugly and didn't have a carbon sole, I upgraded to Sidi megas and they work, but they are not as wide as I would prefer. So, I again upgraded. This time, to Lake shoes. Compared to Sidi's, the fit is different. For me, I had to compromise between width and length. Basically, my feet are obscenely wide and short. So, to get the best width with Lake my feet slide back and forth. When I buy Lake shoes that fit the length better, they are a little too narrow. I can only wear a paper think sock with my Lakes. So, I mostly wear my Sidi's and largely wasted my money. We've had a ton of rain in Raleigh this year and m
My Sidi's got soaked. Then, my Lake shoes got wet. So, I had to go back to the hidious Shimanos I moved away from. They are by far the most comfortable of the three shoes. And, they cost a third the price. I think the comfort is due to the single strap Velcro closure. They are very, very easy to adjust, minimizing the pressure point near my toes. And, unlike the other shoes, I could use a custom orthotic in these if need be.

I would like to add that I had great customer service from Sidi and Lake. To that point, I bought Lake winter shoes in wide. Because of the shape of my feet, I have a really hard time getting those shoes on. I was frustrated feeling like I again wasted my money. Lake put me in touch with the Boa closure company. Boa sent me replacement closures for both shoes at no cost. I was able to cut them to the lenght needed to get my feet into the boot. The shoes are great. Again great service.

Sorry if my response was meandering, but that is my experience and I hope it helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So now they're on order. I had to buy a size too long to get the necessary width. If it keeps neuroma pain at bay, then it's money well spent.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be interested to hear how they work.

I ended up finding a pair of wide Lake shoes in my size for $15. For that price I figured I'd give them a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts - wondering if you received your Lintamans, and if so - what's your thoughts on them?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintamin Cycling Shoes [IM_Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far, I wished that I had read the description more closely. Lintamins come set up for 4-hole Speedplays, but I use Garmin Vector 3-hole base.

3-hole to 4-hole converters are easy to find; 4-hole to 3-hole, not so much. I am waiting for the $10 part that I should have ordered with the shoes to show up now.

My next stop is to the bike fitter for new mid-cleat bike fit, then the orthotics fitted to the new shoes. Then, FINALLY, I will be able to answer your question (and mine too).

The other wrinkle is that I broke my collarbone and only this week have been able to return to training. I still swim like a crooked tadpole and imagine riding in the aero bars won’t be comfortable for long.

April Fools Day for me is my approximate rollout date and I promise to post results. Thanks for asking 😉

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the update, and I hope you heal quickly from your accident.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered my second pair in a smaller size than I originally had. The upper is a stretchy mesh, with the adjustable bands over your instep and the heel counter doing most of the support work.

So far, they have been great! The fugliest (well, the original Hokas were clown shoes too, so there's that) bike shoes I have ever seen, BUT NO NEUROMA PAIN- Yay! I am entered in IM St. George next May, so they're about to get some serious wear testing. So far, so good!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait, you actually ordered AND RECEIVED your Lintamans?

I ordered a pair in May. Over a week went by with zero order confirmation, so I emailed them again asking for a status update. I received a reply days later with a "we're busy, we'll get back to you".

SIX FREAKING WEEKS WENT BY.

I emailed. no response.

I emailed again. No response.

I emailed again TWELVE DAYS LATER to threaten a stop payment due to fraudulent charge on my credit card. THAT finally got their attention. By this point I had already ordered another pair (which shipped internationally and showed up within a week, btw) and was done with them. Their reply? "Sorry, we're small. And busy". Awesome. This is my issue as a consumer HOW? Hell, I had someone in the industry trying to get their attention for me and they pretty much ignored that too. I'd love to know how these unicorn shoes are serving other people because good lord, after waiting almost two months for these shoes to materialize and having nothing to show for the hundreds of dollars I sent to them, I hope y'all are happy.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Lintamin Cycling Shoes [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Wait, you actually ordered AND RECEIVED your Lintamans?

I ordered a pair in May. Over a week went by with zero order confirmation, so I emailed them again asking for a status update. I received a reply days later with a "we're busy, we'll get back to you".

SIX FREAKING WEEKS WENT BY.

I emailed. no response.

I emailed again. No response.

I emailed again TWELVE DAYS LATER to threaten a stop payment due to fraudulent charge on my credit card. THAT finally got their attention. By this point I had already ordered another pair (which shipped internationally and showed up within a week, btw) and was done with them. Their reply? "Sorry, we're small. And busy". Awesome. This is my issue as a consumer HOW? Hell, I had someone in the industry trying to get their attention for me and they pretty much ignored that too. I'd love to know how these unicorn shoes are serving other people because good lord, after waiting almost two months for these shoes to materialize and having nothing to show for the hundreds of dollars I sent to them, I hope y'all are happy.

I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago and received them about 3 weeks ago. I live in Sydney. I initially had trouble getting their website to work regarding registering my paypal account. A couple of quick emails and sorted it out. I did not have the experience you did at all.
The shoes are as described. Robust and very adjustable. They don't look aero but they may well be as the straps are wide and snug (how would you test that anyway). They are very stiff in the sole (carbon plate) and foot to cleat shaft stack seems low. They feel light. Best of all at last I can go full mid foot cleat position instead of compromising by pushing the cleat back as far as it would go on a shoe that never quite fitted (one foot bigger than the other). With these shoes I can adjust them independantly so both feet fit. Price was very reasonable too.
In summary I got good service and delivery of a very adjustable shoe at a good price.
Quote Reply