Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink?
Quote | Reply
From what I remember the woman made up the top 3 places and finished about 2 minutes ahead of the 1st male for the past couple of races. Do you think the fellas have the edge now or is it even steven? Should be an interesting race. I'm pulling for Barb or Waldo but I bet it will be Hunter.

http://triathletemag.com/...D=92&pageID=1705

"In the blocks you're a prisoner, the gun releases you."
Last edited by: manonfire: Jul 15, 05 16:46
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [manonfire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Berasategui (sp?) racing?? That'd be my pick ;-)

"luck is at the intersection of preparation and opportunity"

http://www.drinkmorecustomwater.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [choptank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Women: Laura Bennett (USA, 2nd 2003 ITU worlds)), Leanda Cave (GBR, 2002 ITU world champion), Liz Blatchford (AUS, 2005 Royal Windsor triathlon champ), Becky Lavelle (USA, 2003 LA Triathlon champ), Barb Lindquist (USA, 2002 and 2003 Equalizer champ and 2004 Olympian), Samantha McGlone (CAN, 2004 Olympian, 2005 Wildflower long-course champion), Carla Moreno (BRA), Emma Snowsill (AUS, 2004 Chicago and LA tri champion), Sandra Soldan (BRA, two-time Olympian), Susan Williams (USA, Athens bronze medalist) and Joanna Zeiger (USA, 2005 Ironman Brazil champion and 2000 Olympian).

Men: Craig Alexander (AUS, 2004 Chicago Triathlon champion), Craig Walton (AUS, first male 2004 Equalizer), Courtney Atkinson (AUS), Greg Bennett (AUS, 2004 Olympian), Hamish Carter (NZL, Athens Olympic gold medalist), Bevan Docherty (NZL, Athens silver medalist), Kris Gemmell (NZL, 2004 New Zealand national champ), Stuart Hayes (GBR), Chris Hill (AUS), Hunter Kemper (USA, two-time Olympian), Vladamir Polikarpenko (UKR, two-time Olympian), Andy Potts (USA, 2004 Olympian), Bryce Quirk (AUS, 2005, Australia national champion), Matt Reed (USA, 2004 USA pro champ), Greg Remaly (USA, 2004 NYC Triathlon champion), Sven Riederer (SWZ, Athens bronze medalist), Peter Robertson (AUS, 2004 Olympian), Conrad Stoltz (RSA, two-time Xterra world champ), Simon Thompson (AUS), David Thompson (USA) and Simon Whitfield (CAN, 2000 Olympic gold medalist).

Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [manonfire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
From what I remember the woman made up the top 3 places and finished about 2 minutes ahead of the 1st male for the past couple of races. Do you think the fellas have the edge now or is it even steven? Should be an interesting race. I'm pulling for Barb or Waldo but I bet it will be Hunter.

http://triathletemag.com/...D=92&pageID=1705

Unless you're an Aussie, why would you pick Waldo? He seems arrogant. He's whiny about the Olympics. He's a great swimmer/biker, but there are 3 sports.

Hunter is in top form, definitely gonna be tough to beat unless the girls get too big a lead.
Last edited by: RandyMoss: Jul 15, 05 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [RandyMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No aussie. Didn't know he was whiney either. Just get tired of seeing him get eaten up on the run. Oops did I say that out loud?

Hey Randy, have you turned that blinding 40 speed into strong distance running? ;-)

PS. Cut the fro, it doesn't help when swimming.

Last edited by: manonfire: Jul 15, 05 17:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dominate distance events. But I play when I wanna.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]From what I remember the woman made up the top 3 places and finished about 2 minutes ahead of the 1st male for the past couple of races. Do you think the fellas have the edge now or is it even steven? Should be an interesting race. I'm pulling for Barb or Waldo but I bet it will be Hunter. [/reply]

They have lowered the head start the women get so it isn't going to be so "easy" for them this time. I have my eye on 3 "favorites" for this race. All have been racing well. Hunter Kemper, Susan Williams, and Conrad Stoltz. Wish I was going to be there.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy pick for the top 2. McGlone will edge out Whitfield for the money. Everyone else it just does not matter. Whitfield always does well here but McGlone is just ripping it up these days. And yes I am Canadian.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Easy pick for the top 2. McGlone will edge out Whitfield for the money. Everyone else it just does not matter. Whitfield always does well here but McGlone is just ripping it up these days. And yes I am Canadian.[/reply]

My reason for leaving McGlone off my favorites is how she performed at Alcatraz. Maybe it was just a sub-par day for her.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a tough call this year.....

The women's race is cake as money is going to each woman who crosses the line! (They are all hurt) So, perhaps the men might step it up. It's going to be a hot race (Water temp is 84 and the air is a very dirty/humid 85-90ish during the run).

My money is on Whitfield.

One item that stands out is LTF's "Friends and Family" division. It is the last wave and allows people to race "together". Perhaps a way to keep "rookies" from the terrors of age group racing....and visa versa.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that it's going to be pretty brutally hot on the course...today we did a full run through for the NBC cameras of the run course and the bike course and was a mess afterwards. The air temp/humidity is bad enough, but add to that the extra heat the cam motorcycles will be baking the mens/womens leaders with and they are gonna earn their prize money for sure this year.

With 12 dropouts in the women's race, including Allen and Harrop, the lower Equilizer, and the slightly longer bike course, if the guys race smart and hard one of them should be able to break the streak and win the big money. Hunter or Hamish would be my pick. The one disadvantage will be tha bike course will be extra tight with an almost full guy's field.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [Terry in MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see the rules. Is this an ITU style race or non-draft?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's non-drafting, but the men definitely push the limits and get a benefit from the guys in front. The problem is that they don't ever seem to really try and push it on the bike except for Walton...
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Equalizer Tri $500K on Saturday (NBC). Whatdoyathink? [Terry in MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx. I agree. He always pushes on the bike. I remember when he whooshed pass me last year at 35 on a flat course. Maybe with the heat he will be able to hold the others off if they suffer on the run.

Quote Reply