Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Cgoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

What wall mounting rack is that? It's awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Money family setup. Currently in medical school so my computer sits on the workbench, playing board review videos or lectures as I grind out the miles. Was a bit more cave-like before the Mrs. "requested" the padded flooring for her core workouts.

Hopefully our next residence (Summer) will have a more dedicated workspace.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [SkyRyders90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and check out their garage storage section. They both have wall mounted products with many different attachable hooks for hanging various things. The "Bar" has multiple holes so that you can affix it into the studs. The hook can then be located anywhere on the bar.

I actually have my trailer mount bike rack hanging off the wall on one of those hooks in the garage right now.[/img]

I plan to put my bike trainer on the black mat in front of the tool chest when I start riding again. The Laptop and TV will go on the tool chest too.[/img]

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Last edited by: Printer86: Dec 12, 12 6:57
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Mr ITU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr ITU wrote:
To all,

What have you done to be able to listen to the television while using a noisy trainer/treadmill?

Super loud speakers? Wireless headphones?

Laptop hooked up to 500 watt 5.1 computer speakers, wireless mouse (for volume control), Pandora. With surround sound speakers and a relatively quiet KK RnR, I don't have to turn it up much (unless I want to).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use earbuds with a long 3.5mm male to female extension cord.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaybird headphones are great.
jabra sport are nice (but you will lose the little rubber things on the end..and need to have it superclose to you)
both have 6+ hr batteries, and i charge them regularly....

cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your garage is much to clean!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Z.Andreski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's beyond clean - it's sterile. And oh, so wrong. ;-)

If you're going to kick a tiger in the @$$, you better have a plan to deal with his teeth.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Tory1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The before picture is on the bottom of my post on page 4 of this thread. I wanted everything off the floor in my garage. That meant that I needed to hang everything from the ceiling or the walls.

Once I got everything off the floor, I laid down the epoxy paint and the 4' x 20' x 1/4" rubber gym mat (found at Lowes.com). The cars take up everything that isn't covered by the mat.

I've gone down from having an entire basement as my home workout space to having a 4 foot wide strip. The treadmill is now over at our development's community house. Downsizing, huh?!

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see your point. Refer to mine at the end of page 3. I have a slightly newer trainer which accommodates my tri bike now. Other than that it's ready for some Hollywood horror action shots.

It just looks surgical it's so clean and organized.

If you're going to kick a tiger in the @$$, you better have a plan to deal with his teeth.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Tory1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine is very modest, not as cool as most setup presented here. But I'm working on it

In the picture:

- Treadmill
- Elite roller
- Concept 2 D rower

missing in the picture
- laptop computer
- TACX flow (being repair)

To do list:
- Review the lightning. It's very dark at the moment
- Add power outlet, only one plug at the moment
- Add a thermostat. I need to be able to change the temperature in this damn room!
- Move all the stuff so my flow can fit at all time.
- Put something on the floor, some kind of rubber (puzzle shape?)
- Wall mount bike stand (front wheel). Maybe in another room...
- Maybe flip the treadmill the other side, so I can watch something on the computer while running. Not sure yet
- put some stuff on the wall.
- something to let the cloth dry....
- make some kind of casing/hook for tire and or tires. I have quite a few of them.
etc...

Many plans, lots of space... only take time. I can use it as is; so at least I can use it now.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plenty of stuff to pull, lift, swing, lift some more, roll, pedal.

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach
Last edited by: Hed Case: Dec 14, 12 5:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gettin there, need to finish the kids spaces first. For enough to train with for a while. Well at least enough to keep me interested till spring :0)

Quote | Reply
Where did you get your mats? Ones I have now are only 2'x2' and have a sorta rough textured finish that makes them a PIA to clean. Not to mention I dont like the jigsaw puzzle like assembly.

Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome....

My mats are similar... also jigsaw puzzle style. I am not sure where we got em...

Will try to find out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, it is getting there but for the last few things it will take a while. At leaSt till the T.V. And 7.2 surround sound all sorted out in the theatre room. The current 8 year old t.v. and 5.1 surround will have to do. All I really need in the mancave is to hook up a stand to run wires through for computrainer head unit and a small Lcd (32"-38?") to hook up the CT to. I made a platform for the CT so I can run all the wires underneath and not have them stepped on or tugged at by me or the kids. I also want to get another set of rollers as I really dont want to haul the ones at work back and forth. And a dreadmill for the icey / rainy day run I am to lazy to drive to the gym to do runs :0)
I

Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Thanks, it is getting there but for the last few things it will take a while. At leaSt till the T.V. And 7.2 surround sound all sorted out in the theatre room. The current 8 year old t.v. and 5.1 surround will have to do. All I really need in the mancave is to hook up a stand to run wires through for computrainer head unit and a small Lcd (32"-38?") to hook up the CT to. I made a platform for the CT so I can run all the wires underneath and not have them stepped on or tugged at by me or the kids. I also want to get another set of rollers as I really dont want to haul the ones at work back and forth. And a dreadmill for the icey / rainy day run I am to lazy to drive to the gym to do runs :0)
I

The hookup from the laptop to the LCD screen is easy... on my Mac I have simple DVI to HDMI connector. Bought it on EBay for basically nothing. Are you going to use TR for your rides? I have been using TR for over a year now... and really like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah I just got a few real course rides and ride against silver man.
The Mac interfaces ok with the computrainer. Right now I am using a 2004 dell inspiron laptop

Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Cgoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with the Rubbermaid Fast Track system. I used it throughout my garage. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/...e=GarageOrganization

Bought some at Home Depot but the majority online.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fuck my neck dude..nice though

Uh, is that a Blue Triad SL with a speedconcept draft box? Fantastic idea! Was the mod difficult?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ngless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngless wrote:
Uh, is that a Blue Triad SL with a speedconcept draft box? Fantastic idea! Was the mod difficult?
Yes I bought one off a guy here that list the top to it.
I took a piece of aluminum and molded it around the airfoil seat tube.
Then heated it up the the box and pressed that shape into the back side of the speed box.
After that I drilled two slots on both sides to put Velcro strips through to secure.
Then I ground down the metal part that rest on the chain stays to form as best as I could get it. Then stuck some fuzzy Velcro stuff on the bottom of that as a scratch buffer.
Went to lowes and got some of the flatblack plastic fusion paint and masked out the Bonteager B to look like a Blue B in gloss. Almost looks like a professional job.0)
When I heated and pressed my mold into it it up it actually gave it a bit of a torridial shape in it but squeezed it smaller in Front so a bit less room then when I started but not much less.

Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A simple pain cave but very effective.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here is mine...
[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [coyote39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]