Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidK wrote:
I have moved to the unfinished side of our basement after renovating the other side.

Note the Kreitler Rollers with Killer Headwind resistance unit fan, Continental trainer only tires on my no-brakes rollers only late 1980s Cannondale and old school Nike Mark Allen poster...

David K

Clutter? Check.
Cramped? Check
Dust? Check.
Low lighting? pretty good lighting here.
Metal rust? Well kept.

I say, this is pretty good. Definitely qualified to be called a "pain cave".
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not as impressive as some other "caves", but there has been plenty of pain shed in here.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I don't have that, but...

I picked up a new-to-me trainer at the put-n-take swap area at the dump this morning, so now I have my tri-bike on a trainer. Same crappy TV setup, still wedged between the water heater and the hockey gear. But I'm no longer sporting the 25 year old roadie on the trainer. I'm stylin' fellas!

If you're going to kick a tiger in the @$$, you better have a plan to deal with his teeth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is mine. We had a small 10x12 room in the basement I could takeover for my 'pain cave'. I am afraid it scores pretty low on the "scary scale" :)

Lots of room for core workouts when I push the bench a bit to the side.

From the other corner...

Dual screen computrainer setup... One for data, the other for video (real course or DVD)

Are you organized? 'cause I am... :) I reassure you, no signs anywhere else in my house about IM or triathlon... that stuff stays in the gym :)

Lots of riding there in the winter, 4 hours trainer ride are not uncommon... so I actually enjoy the bright colors on the wall in cold and dark Sunday morning in the winter :)

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Last edited by: spocket: Oct 7, 12 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like the exact color I had in my old pain cave...great color to brighten the mornings. I went with the sky blue when we bought a new house a couple of months ago to remind me what it looks like to ride outside....just in case I forget.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [AussieMikeinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't help but notice this also looks like your living room? What happens when you have more guests than seats, does the last person have to run a few miles on the treadmill?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was reading this thread and decided to make some domestic changes. I asked my wife if we could turn the spare bedroom into something else. She said "Yes, we can turn it into your bedroom"

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
I was reading this thread and decided to make some domestic changes. I asked my wife if we could turn the spare bedroom into something else. She said "Yes, we can turn it into your bedroom"

Put your foot down! She's the same size as my nine year old :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [fastskiguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVE the Surly! Is that a dry sauna in the background?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. You'll really on great pain after but the work out would be effective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROTFL

Jaymz wrote:

age is just a number after your name
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
martman wrote:
I LOVE the Surly! Is that a dry sauna in the background?

I've gotta say, I love the Surly too. The thing is just a hoot to ride...we didn't get much snow last year but it's seen some use on the dirt.....and on one particularly long pub crawl LOL. http://surlybikes.com/bikes/moonlander

The infrared sauna.....not sure if I believe all of the detoxifying claims but it sure *feels* good :)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you do it with only a fan and no AC?

No outside air can compensate for the country's heat and humidity

Props
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:

You're the same size as your nine year old. It's the only reason you are marginally faster than me on a bike.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
dfru wrote:

You're the same size as your nine year old. It's the only reason you are marginally faster than me on a bike.

Haha...I'm faster cause your gigantic feet that you tiptoe around your house with are tremendously un-aero :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is now a shelf under the flag with a monitor hooked up to a computer in the other room...

and post workout in the fridge to my left when taking photo.... (don't know whose BL's and Smirnoff's those are though so don't give me lip!!)

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My pain cave = front portion of basement rec room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My pain cave is a converted downstairs basement that dubs as the "kids" play room.

Quote | Reply

Not sure if this will post

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome !! I am guessing the rollers are setup that way for your son?

Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. They were both on them with me tonight after their run. The one in the picture was getting in some bonus miles.

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with cold weather moving in, I bet a lot of people will be converting the spare rooms into training set-ups. thx for the ideas

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not a neat freak, but it works for the work that I need to get done.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [dforbes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There aren't enough rollers in these pictures. I move the rollers around the house (garage, porch, spare bedroom, family room). Today it was in front of three TVs going with Football (Thanks Directv!)..

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's mine, nothing to special about it!

Quote Reply

Prev Next