Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [SteveMetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Golf clubs!!!! You're not training hard enough if you have time to play golf ;0)
Last edited by: DaveyP: Oct 2, 12 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mburchard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go to this thread for directions... http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

I just created a photobucket account and followed these directions. Worked like a charm
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My little slice of hell...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm so excited that i nearly have my 'new and improved' cave completed.

i will try and get some pictures tonight......

in words, i moved the treadmill out of the living room and into the garage, setup the trainer, mounted a TV on the wall and hooked it to the stereo. if only there was a source of heat for those soon to be COOOOOLLD days.

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattreg3 wrote:

My little slice of hell...

WAAAAAY too clean and uncluttered to be hell. I do give you kudos for having a perfectly good TV stand in the room and choosing to put the TV up on the ping-pong table. Though, you need to saw of one of the table legs and replace it with a dehumidifier from 1976

- Pete

Luckily my over eating disorder is offset by my over exercising disorder
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine will be posted in a few weeks as soon as it starts to get cold in Jersey :0)

Re: Let see your Pain Cave [kilo_dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kilo_dave wrote:
[/img]
Fooling around with iOS6 and took this pic.

This is not a pain cave. This looks like this belongs at an Equinox Gym :P
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Tory1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tory1340 wrote:

This is the proper/how you should make a pain cave. Win!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went the opposite of you...

Had a covered porch, enclosed it with vinyl siding/windows last fall. Here it is from the outside.

It is attached to the living/family room so we can ride/watch the kids at the same time.

There's a TV/DVD player in the corner that you can't see that the bikes are facing. Before winter this year I'm going to finish the drywall, and install some nice laminate flooring to make it more complete.

Jeez! That IS the opposite of me! I'd probably never ride outside if I had that.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know - what's wrong with people?!? There's an inherent aspect to my basement that keeps me outside until it's too damned cold & icy & dark. HDFU - yeah, that.

If you're going to kick a tiger in the @$$, you better have a plan to deal with his teeth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And here is mine:

I know, I know, I still could use some more clutter in the mix. Once ski season starts, the winter jackets enter the mix and clutter the place up nicely. If you're wondering, the reason the ski jackets are stuck in this room is that the boiler (right behind me while I take the picture) relentlessly pumps out 95 degree heat into the pain cave.

- Pete

Luckily my over eating disorder is offset by my over exercising disorder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Jeez! That IS the opposite of me! I'd probably never ride outside if I had that.

Trust me, living in northwest Pennsylvania there is no problem tiding indoors Ruth our winters ...

TimAndrus wrote:
THIS is why they think the AVERAGE income of a triathlete is $150k!!!

takes my pay and makes me feel like i don't exist!

Nice setup!

Tim

x2!

My "pain cave" consists of a rain jacket and the same roads I ride on nice days. I NEVER forget eye protection with all the crud coming off the road.

Just this morning I woke at 5am to ride 1/2 hour to the ferry, then met a buddy for a pre-work ride. We could see a rain shower coming, so nipped into a cafe mid ride instead of waiting till after the ride. Then shower and into work by 9am. Great way to start the day. My flat screen view allowed me to watch the sunrise over the harbour! Sweeeeet.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the cardio side. Just got the refrigerator-sized subwoofer up and pumping so if you need some "extra motivation"... The old Trek lives a life of constant torture and never sees the light of day....not exactly fair for an old friend but what are you going to do? You don't want to go sweating all over your new ride, right?

and here's the weight side. The lifting cage has really been a fantastic addition....I can lift alone without killing myself LOL

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [hcshao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blooming hell...why go outside:-) I wish I had a vasa swim trainer..but then living in sunny SD .....

hcshao wrote:
kilo_dave wrote:
[/img]
Fooling around with iOS6 and took this pic.

This is not a pain cave. This looks like this belongs at an Equinox Gym :P

age is just a number after your name
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [hcshao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have moved to the unfinished side of our basement after renovating the other side.

Note the Kreitler Rollers with Killer Headwind resistance unit fan, Continental trainer only tires on my no-brakes rollers only late 1980s Cannondale and old school Nike Mark Allen poster...

David K
Last edited by: DavidK: Oct 3, 12 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Tory1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
like ! .... you have a eye of the tiger CD dont you ?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that where she checks her heart rate? How accurate is the reading from that location?

;)

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Mine will be posted in a few weeks as soon as it starts to get cold in Jersey :0)

I will be doing the same once my TT bike gets put on the trainer for the winter. Should be any day now.

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [VanDrunken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took a day off work yesterday. It wasn't to do a massive training day or spend time with the family. No, I spent 10 hours building four 4' x4' drop ceiling shelves in my new garage and moving all our crap off the floor so that I could create a simple 4' x 6' space for my trainer.

The next steps are to coat the concrete floor with some kind of epoxy and hook up the extra TV. I'll post pictures when It's done. I'm hoping it's ready by the time my overtrained knee heals.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimAndrus wrote:
Is that where she checks her heart rate? How accurate is the reading from that location?

;)

Tim

Good eye! I never noticed that before !

Saw you were on the start list for Pain in the Alleghenies. I assume you we're one of the smart ones that stayed home, warm and dry. 46 and raining makes for a long day. Add the fatigue from Cedar Point full just before it and it adds a spectacular blow up at around mile 9 of the run ....sat in my car for 45 minutes afterwards to get warm. Great race otherwise, just late September is a crap shoot for weather.

actually i had to go to the other side of the state (Westchester) to help with that race.

it's better i did anyways, i just started running two days ago, after a 4+week calf injury. At Cedar point in only did the Aquavelo. I know, i'm a looser..... but i'm the aquavelo champion! :)

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
Well... since you asked...Here are two :)

Nice pad. Not sure where you are in the US, but if it's midwest or South, money for that kind of house would sadly only get you a 'normal' house here in CA in a suburb with no waterfront.

Neurosurgeons make good money, though!

I live in Merrick, NY. Long Island...

... and thanks!!

Don't know how, but I just KNEW that was the Long Island when I saw the view. I'm in Bellmore, grew up in Freeport.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow now I'm embarrassed to show my setup lol
Quote Reply

Prev Next