Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [cpotter88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cpotter88 wrote:
there's a DVD player on top of the VCR! Hey, still have some old Spinervals in VHS format...although we never use them.

The TV will be replaced in due time......but it does the trick for now. Just re-did the "entertainment" side of the basement with a bar, sectional sofa, 55" LED. Priorities!

some updated pics below.....some were taken by wife with phone (blurry!)

with wood flooring...

before the sofa...

sofa arrived...

Potter's Pub...

Bar top...

Nice transformation!! Looks like a nice to place to hang out ...
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:

Yes, it's an eMotion Roller setup with a Kreitler Fork Stand. I rarely use the rollers any more as I can't be bothered having to keep the level of concentration it requires while trying to watch TV shows and movies on the laptop while I ride. Nice to have though when I want to ride them as is. I feel like I get the same workout as a trainer, but without the hassle of setup, and have the option of rollers too.
A simple box fan suspended from the garage ceiling with bungee cords that I hang up horizontally after my sessions so no one headbutts it walking through the garage (my wife did this when I first set this up and she wanted to kill me).
I am wedged between the Power Wheels vehicles and directly below bikes hanging from the ceiling. Works for me!

This is the way it should be!

- Pete

Luckily my over eating disorder is offset by my over exercising disorder
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3:13 in those shoes? Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice touch on the bar top, very cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Studio livin

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onelesshiker.com
http://www.twitch.tv/1horsepower
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [dhyoung9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dig this; it is an intriguing blend of dave zabriskie and ted kaczinski.

you get bonus points if this is at >5000ft elevation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
TriYYZ wrote:
I hate you. Oh..and are you married? :)

Yup... with two kids. Here is the crew. Pic was shot last Sunday before a friends Bar Mitzvah.

BTW... my wife ran 3:13 last at the NYC Marathon :) She is a beast...

I see an invite to "Real Housewives of NYC" in your future. She'll crush them all I'm sure. :o)
Last edited by: tmshokie: Sep 27, 12 12:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great bar top!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice set up, your bar top idea is awesome!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice set up....great bar, I might steal that idea for the downstairs rec room, when I do the reno.

.......just got to get the eldest to move out, doesn't look good, current Beau has as much get up and go as she does......but that would be a whole different thread :(

....and I sold my old trainright/spinervals vhs tapes on ebay.....somebody paid me $8.50ea......wasn't you was it ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know all about the "kid" drama! Shoot me a message when you're ready to renovate and I'll give you the details on the bar top. Prep is the key!

wasn't me shopping on eBay for VHS......
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [greatwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very meta. nice tv shot.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Big-Pete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big-Pete wrote:
TriBodyboarder wrote:

Yes, it's an eMotion Roller setup with a Kreitler Fork Stand. I rarely use the rollers any more as I can't be bothered having to keep the level of concentration it requires while trying to watch TV shows and movies on the laptop while I ride. Nice to have though when I want to ride them as is. I feel like I get the same workout as a trainer, but without the hassle of setup, and have the option of rollers too.
A simple box fan suspended from the garage ceiling with bungee cords that I hang up horizontally after my sessions so no one headbutts it walking through the garage (my wife did this when I first set this up and she wanted to kill me).
I am wedged between the Power Wheels vehicles and directly below bikes hanging from the ceiling. Works for me!

This is the way it should be!

X2. This is the real deal. No back door bragging here, just a straight up pain cave. Ready for hour after hour of mind numbing winter training.

A little too much natural lighting for my liking though ;0)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [DaveyP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The natural light is only there because I took the pic with the garage door open. I train at 5am with the door shut and a goddamn fluorescent light above my head. IMAZ in 7 weeks, my taint will be putting a LOT of time in on that damn saddle and I'll be getting my $8/month worth out of the Netflix account! :)

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
The natural light is only there because I took the pic with the garage door open. I train at 5am with the door shut and a goddamn fluorescent light above my head. IMAZ in 7 weeks, my taint will be putting a LOT of time in on that damn saddle and I'll be getting my $8/month worth out of the Netflix account! :)

my one criticism is your laptop resting stool looks far to stable. if it were 3 legged, or maybe if you rested the laptop on the hood of your daughter's Power Wheels jeep, then I'd give you some extra kudos.

- Pete

Luckily my over eating disorder is offset by my over exercising disorder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NICE CAVE!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...this is a house of learned doctors!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So glad I'm done with those "silly o'clock" training session until the new year. I'll be thinking of you in the pitch black sweeting your balls off bored out of your mind whilst I enjoy an nice lie-in (well as much of a lie-in as you can have with a 2 year old).

Good luck for AZ, with a pain cave like that you deserve a kona slot.

P.s have you tried the power jeep on the rollers... You know you want to :0)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Big-Pete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big-Pete wrote:
TriBodyboarder wrote:

my one criticism is your laptop resting stool looks far to stable. if it were 3 legged, or maybe if you rested the laptop on the hood of your daughter's Power Wheels jeep, then I'd give you some extra kudos.

Point taken! I'll partially sand down one of the legs so it's at least wobbly!

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, ha. The only way I will get a Kona slot is if I go around slicing the achilles of every 45-49 competitor before the race.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
Well... since you asked...Here are two :)

Nice pad. Not sure where you are in the US, but if it's midwest or South, money for that kind of house would sadly only get you a 'normal' house here in CA in a suburb with no waterfront.

Neurosurgeons make good money, though!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
Well... since you asked...Here are two :)

Nice pad. Not sure where you are in the US, but if it's midwest or South, money for that kind of house would sadly only get you a 'normal' house here in CA in a suburb with no waterfront.

Neurosurgeons make good money, though!

I live in Merrick, NY. Long Island...

... and thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a cheap area! Not quite CA expensive, but certainly not one of the cheaper areas in the country.

Hopefully you still have time to train while being a neurosurgeon - that's a busy career! Props.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Not a cheap area! Not quite CA expensive, but certainly not one of the cheaper areas in the country.

Hopefully you still have time to train while being a neurosurgeon - that's a busy career! Props.

Cycling only... and I agree... two kids ages 11 and 12 and busy career. Tough to find the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No natural light here in my basement between the water heater in stank-ass hockey gear. TV is in front on a home made table with the VCR since the TV was prior to HDMI. Bike is 25+ year old Bianchi limited on a crappy old Nashbar mag trainer. That's my eldest's MTB hanging. My other rides are off to the right of the pic. Enjoy and criticize at will.

If you're going to kick a tiger in the @$$, you better have a plan to deal with his teeth.
Quote Reply

Prev Next