Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know you said you're running separate AC units, but do you feel that the dyson blade provides enough airflow? Would it work well enough on it's own in a basement or would you recommend an industrial fan over the blade? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ajminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it does a great job, but I am also maybe not the best person to ask as I tend to not be fond of fans.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woodway Mercury treadmill - $1.5k off of Ebay and it's practically brand new. Look at the tread! and there was not even a spec of dust inside the treadmill when I pulled it apart for inspection. I'll be taking care of this and keeping it for life!

Kickr trainer

Picture by friend, Adam Batliner (of Running with the Buffs #namedrop)

Video camera set up for view of me running from the side while running to focus on nailing good form so I can hit my sub 1:15 half marathon goal with no nags or soreness; so far so good. Putting in 5 days on the treadmill and 1 day outside for a longrun. (background in running mechanics; worked for Lieberman at Harvard as his expert on instructing running mechanics for a study we are publishing; my PhD, though, is being conducted in organizational behavior. #hobbyresearch). a site some participants in a Harvard study put together for fun with some videos I made for them: http://www.runningwithform.com/...mechanics-model.html

original post

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is in my living room in front of the computer. I just got the TACX trainer to replace my rollers. Have to say ERG mode is pretty nice.

Last edited by: BrandonS: Mar 26, 16 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [BrandonS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrandonS wrote:
Mine is in my living room in front of the computer. I just got the TACX trainer to replace my rollers. Have to say ERG mode is pretty nice.

Erg mode is pretty awesome, but your carpet is going to get nasty pretty fast with that setup.

You should put a mat or something down, also where's your fan?

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do need a mat, I have some foam interlocking panels I should try.. The trainer creaks something crazy on the tile. For a fan the rooms in my house have individual AC units in each of the rooms. There is a unit above the monitor out of the picture. I just turn that thing on, you can see its remote on the desk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surprised I only see one use of an ipad/iphone. I'm thinking of running trainerroad on iphone on connected to wahoo bluetooth speed and cadence sensors.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [BrandonS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used those interlocking foam squares for years. Gets the job done.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here is mine. The bike trainer is a wahoo kicker and the stand is for a laptop when using trainerroad.
Last edited by: avikoren1: Mar 30, 16 18:03
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the stand?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go.

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/technimobilirtab001nrollinglaptopstand1.cfm?source=emlmktg&tid=email_746&mktg_eml_address=avikoren1@yahoo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. Like the side fan. That is a serious cave. Good on ya!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run TR on my iphone with the wahoo sensor and lightning adaptor and then watch movies or whatever on my ipad. Works fine.
Only issue I had was buying an off brand lightning adaptor at first that didn't work and then went with genuine apple.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The full pain cave setup is now featured on the ST home page here. But this will be an ongoing project.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Pain_Cave_5707.html

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Aaronr312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aaronr312 wrote:
I run TR on my iphone with the wahoo sensor and lightning adaptor and then watch movies or whatever on my ipad. Works fine.
Only issue I had was buying an off brand lightning adaptor at first that didn't work and then went with genuine apple.

Same here, I run TR on my iphone with a Wahoo Blue SC and watch either my ipad or laptop. Why do you need an adapter?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already had garmin speed/cadence sensor so I had to use a Wahoo ANT+ key to connect to my phone/ ipad and it only comes in the old 30 pin configuration. The adapter just made it so I could plug it in to the newer iphone/ipad. Oh, and I guess it would help to say I'm just using virtual power and thus need the sensors.
Last edited by: Aaronr312: Apr 6, 16 9:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The full pain cave setup is now featured on the ST home page here. But this will be an ongoing project.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Pain_Cave_5707.html

Nice pain cave. Did somethign similar with finished room and concrete floor. I would suggest a good cleaning of the floor and sealing of the concrete. Concrete is quite porous and sweat does take it's toll. Much easier to mop up if cleaned. I just purchased a water soluble semi gloss sealer and applied it with a sprayer and worked it in with a roller.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need to pick up a floor mat - obviously a lot of companies have their own that they sell (saw a Kinetic mat for $69) but anyone have any hints on something that would work just as well for a bit cheaper?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ned_braden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am waiting for my local store to get these in stock.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Much to my girlfriend's dismay, I have created a Pain Apartment.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ned_braden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to a rubber floor like supplier. They sell rubber flooring to gyms, wresting mats, outdoor farm use etc. It was way cheaper and they had a variety of thickness. I could get a customize size?
After seeing that made the typical matt sold in sporting good floors seem really flimsy and expensive.
Barb
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [harshc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have those mats. They are super heavy duty and a great value. Only consideration is sometimes the measurements aren't perfect in case you are fitting a bunch of them together, but not a big deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw the Cycloc yrs ago and really like it but just seemed to expensive for me to justify. I also thought it might due as a substitute work stand and easy way to swap wheels.
What made you choose the her over the solo? How easy are they for me, a woman seemingly getting weaker as I get older, easy to take on and offf.
My husband and I have man cave woman cave storage wars in our garage wth 3 Bmw motorcycles (his) and 3 bikes (mine). We both want classy setups and all to ourselves.
Barb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newly setup so pretty boring at this point. Using CycleOp Fluid 2 Indoor Trainer, Wahoo RPM speed and Cadence Sensors, trainerroad on iPhone, and put on Netflix on TV.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Aaronr312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aaronr312 wrote:
Already had garmin speed/cadence sensor so I had to use a Wahoo ANT+ key to connect to my phone/ ipad and it only comes in the old 30 pin configuration. The adapter just made it so I could plug it in to the newer iphone/ipad. Oh, and I guess it would help to say I'm just using virtual power and thus need the sensors.

lol Virtual Power users unite! That's all I'm using but really really want to get garmin vector 2s pedals.
Quote Reply

Prev Next