Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The quality is fine, it adds to the workmanlike atmosphere of your true pain cave.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I still need to get the usual race bib wallpaper up and build in some more storage just to the left of the work bench, but its coming along. I'd rather spend more time on the trainer than working on the room, so it may take a while to complete it. Michigan winters are long though so it will get completed before spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

2 Fans up front, 1 big one out back (shocker style, yikes) Need to mount a big window fan up front over the laptop... But this works pretty well. Did my first sufferfest/trainer road workout of the year this weekend.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [gaaugustine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gaaugustine wrote:
Would you mind sharing the brand of the toolbox in the back left? I have one, but the drawers
are not equal in size. I like the one you have.

thanks

glenn

its actually an old computer tape drawer holder. Spewin I didnt get more at the time.

nightfend wrote:
You must live in a warm area of the country because that garage looks to have no insulation at all and appears to be made out of metal siding?

Yeah never cold here. No chance of snow.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The previous owner had this basement room nicely built out with a pool table, made a perfect giant pain cave (and winter bike storage). Haven't needed to turn on the fireplace for a trainer ride yet :)

Had to replace a crazy hanging crystal light fixture in the middle of the room that used to be over the pool table, while it made for an elegant workout I kept smacking my head on it while on the trainer.

Glenda
Last edited by: gmatom: Dec 7, 14 16:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is out on my apartment balcony where I throw all my shit. My wife likes to pretend it doesn't exist at all.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [gmatom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmatom wrote:

The previous owner had this basement room nicely built out with a pool table, made a perfect giant pain cave (and winter bike storage). Haven't needed to turn on the fireplace for a trainer ride yet :)

Had to replace a crazy hanging crystal light fixture in the middle of the room that used to be over the pool table, while it made for an elegant workout I kept smacking my head on it while on the trainer.

Glenda

Thats not a pain "cave".... Thats a pain PALACE.. Nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Squidbilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Squidbilly wrote:
gmatom wrote:

Glenda

Thats not a pain "cave".... Thats a pain PALACE.. Nice.

I imagine a LOT of pain looking up at those TVs. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriWithT1 wrote:
I imagine a LOT of pain looking up at those TVs. ;-)

Yea, not so good in the aero bars! The previous owner was crazy about mounting TVs up on the walls in every single room. I end up watching Netflix on the iPad on my trainer actually more than using the tv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Studio apt does the job for me. Laptop running TrainerRoad and 32" TV with the AppleTV running whatever

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [gmatom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeez, wow, very nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Kujo85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kujo85 wrote:
While it pales in comparison to some on this forum, here is my version of a pain cave. More like a kid cave with a very small corner for me. Just had the basement finished and with a long winter ahead (1-2 feet of snow projected tomorrow night), I'm looking forward to putting in some hours down here. Plenty of room for some free weights/stretching, a spot for my bike, and a full bathroom.

I have the same couch! Don't be afraid to wash the cover with bleach after your kids puke/shit/make you spill coffee on it. Our first cover lasted two years of bleaching every month or two with lots of kid messes before we tossed it and put a new one on. IKEA rules for stuff that you can let your kids destroy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a cave per se however it is my training grounds. Just outside the window is a view of the CN Tower (posted below) which distracts me just enough with the lights in the winter months. Summer months it's people watching as tourist come by the boat load to take a photo in front of it LOL

Computrainer Pro
GoPro Camera (to see if I am keeping my top half still)

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No pics, but the one thing I learned from this thread is I need a fan in front of my trainer. Thanks for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Hussman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We moved into a new house a little over a month ago (after living with the in-laws for 13 weeks), and I've finally set everything up in the 'Pain Cave.' The treadmill was delivered this evening, and is ready for the white stuff to start falling here in New England.

For some reason, I'm having a hard time posting the picture from Flickr. The link isn't working when I try to use the picture post function (anyone know how to properly get the URL from Flickr to work?). Anyway, here's the link to the pic - please no comments on the awesome wall paneling that came with the house!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Last edited by: natethomas: Dec 13, 14 18:50
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this what you're trying to post?

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally Done... For now....

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like the helmet rack!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH man...this makes my OCD very happy. Seriously, nice pain cave.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lokiddp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not as fancy as your setup, but decided to add another bike to my stable. Got to still get some type of multi rider
running with these 3 Velotrons now. And I hope these units would allow us to have no warm up needed for the ride,
no power drifting during the ride, and correct power readings for each of us. I still need to get a second
50 inch plasma for the room.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Not as fancy as your setup, but decided to add another bike to my stable. Got to still get some type of multi rider
running with these 3 Velotrons now. And I hope these units would allow us to have no warm up needed for the ride,
no power drifting during the ride, and correct power readings for each of us. I still need to get a second
50 inch plasma for the room.

How often do you have 2 or 3 riders? Looks very tight space for that many bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current thought. They are this close since just me. If and when I have more folks, I can spread them out since I would not need to get to the treadmill.
If that does not work, I can move the treadmill over. If that does not work, I remove the table top and move them around. Lots of opinions. (Could there be
room for 4? :) )

For now just need to get all three wired and working, gets some friends over to try out, and make sure works before I do to many other things in the room.

Have never really tried multi rider stuff so will be interesting to see what I can get to work.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]

We've moved a couple of times since this thread was started. Here's my latest set up.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got around to cleaning up the basement/cave today. Disregard the big hole in the sheetrock - I have some springtime repairs to make.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the stand? Looks very nice.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next