Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ngless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngless wrote:
Your TV is too high :)

Otherwise, that's pretty awesome. Jealous.

Yeah I actually use a laptop on my workbench and just have the TV on when I am in there doing men's stuff.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished the basement and workout area today. I hope this pays off since I had 8 months of very little fitness do to doing all this work myself.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/...ps7f9158be.jpeg.html][/url]

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/...ps030b1284.jpeg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Keith-OH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok that is just showing off!!!

Congrats that is a nice area you have there.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got the VASA to complete the pain cave.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have too much money
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you using for flooring? I'm liking what you have going on over there.

Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
What are you using for flooring? I'm liking what you have going on over there.

My flooring is that really hard rubber that you'll find in most commercial weight rooms. It comes in about 3ft strips and I believe its glued down. So far it's been great. Easy cleanup and no no scuff marks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that real hardwood that you've used for your floor?

I'm having issues with the moisture from running causing slight issues with my flooring, despite using gym quality rubber mats under my trainer and treadmill.

Curious as to what other people have experienced and what they do?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used Vinyl plank flooring. I have a dehumidifier that is set to 50% humidity and also leave my fans on for 1 hour after my workouts to dry up my puddle of sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to know.

Thought about a dehumidifier as I thought it might help and will also need to get a better fan so I make less sweat in the first place.

Not as much of an issue in the fall and winter as with the cooler temperatures and an open window, there are fewer and smaller puddles after workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Okay so finally here is mine. Had it for a while but only just got around to taking some pics this afternoon when doing a clean up.

Who makes those shelves? I have something similar from Lowe's but I do not think they make drawers for mine. Those are awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you mind sharing the brand of the toolbox in the back left? I have one, but the drawers
are not equal in size. I like the one you have.

thanks

glenn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must live in a warm area of the country because that garage looks to have no insulation at all and appears to be made out of metal siding?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [DaveyP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaveyP wrote:
Not one of those is a true pain cave.

A real pain cave should be in a s**t tip of a garage with your turbo trainer and bike squeezed in amongst boxes of junk, tools and dust. With you laptop/screen/old tv precariously balanced on any available flat (or slightly slopping) surface available. Flat screen TV's are an absolute no no, all pain cave TV's should be house hold rejects that are the old tube version purchase pre 2000, none-HD, none-digital, and most likely none-working!

Honestly, some of you lot train in pure 5 star luxury ;-)

I would take a photo of my pain cave but it is so devoid of light that the flash on my camera wouldn't be able to generate enough light to be able to capture the picture.

I think my garage fits in with your definition of a pain cave....old unused tube version TVs included.

Real men use an old, moldy cardboard box which has been soaked with gallons of sweat through months of use as an exercise matt......now that I think I about it I should replace it with a newer box.

Just bought an unassembled 1980ish weider squat rack/bench press w weights (kilograms not pounds hahaha) for $50 off craigslist. Some parts are missing and i'm in process of locating them so I can complete my master gym.

They added aprons to all the garages in our entire apartment complex recently and everyone had to leave their garage door open for a couple hours. I got a good gander into everyone's garage and I do in fact have the shittiest looking one in the entire apt complex.
Last edited by: Swanson234: Oct 11, 14 4:49
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Domal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are those computrainers?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 Computrainer and 1 kinetic Road Machine. We do most our training with PerfPro so it works well.
Still looking for a good deal on a 2nd computrainer though!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Domal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in the fortunate position of just having purchased my first home.

Due to the driveway that would fit 5 cars in it... I dont feel having a garage for the car is required. As such... pain cave incoming!!

It's a 1.5 car garage, roller door front, concrete floor... Ive taken great inspiration from this thread, but would like to pick your brains in case I forgot something!

List me the top 5-10 things you feel would be necessary in a pain cave! (which will also double as sports gear storage, bike workshop - so things like a locker for wetsuits can be included)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While it pales in comparison to some on this forum, here is my version of a pain cave. More like a kid cave with a very small corner for me. Just had the basement finished and with a long winter ahead (1-2 feet of snow projected tomorrow night), I'm looking forward to putting in some hours down here. Plenty of room for some free weights/stretching, a spot for my bike, and a full bathroom.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Kujo85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you based? We just got a ton of snow last weekend and it was a very quick transition to indoor training :(

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MUAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! Just trolling.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just south of Buffalo NY. Makes for a long winter when it starts snowing in November and doesn't quit until April!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helliquin wrote:
I am in the fortunate position of just having purchased my first home.

Due to the driveway that would fit 5 cars in it... I dont feel having a garage for the car is required. As such... pain cave incoming!!

It's a 1.5 car garage, roller door front, concrete floor... Ive taken great inspiration from this thread, but would like to pick your brains in case I forgot something!

List me the top 5-10 things you feel would be necessary in a pain cave! (which will also double as sports gear storage, bike workshop - so things like a locker for wetsuits can be included)

1) trainer
2) fans
3) TV monitor
4) sound system so you can lower noise level and listen to music or TV over ear buds (fan and trainer noise = hearing loss over time)
5) place to hang bikes
6) locker or cabinet for bike related gear, shoes, etc
7) workstand and bench
8) strategically placed non slip mats for bike cleats
9) water bottle, remote, fan control, towel rack or holder
10) inspirational posters, wall art, medal or shirt display
11) mat for stretching, rolling, yoga, etc.
12) refrigerator

have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More like the pain corner, now that we had the basement finished for the kids, but at least it is brighter and cleaner than it was.

Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Nov 19, 14 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first post here and it includes my little slice of heaven in my basement. It is all the room that I have left down there, with all the kid's stuff and storage space being used. Sorry for the poor quality. I guess its time to clean my phone. There are more bikes off to the side that take up a lot of space as well. This is just the work area/spot where the Kickr is set up.

Last edited by: IronSnowman: Nov 19, 14 6:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next