Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my pain cave.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be very painful to be a K-State fan...no wonder this stuff is in your pain cave!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [drudoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drudoo wrote:
It would be very painful to be a K-State fan...no wonder this stuff is in your pain cave!

Ha. Must be a chickenhawk in the house. It's that 3-month window out of the year that they come out chirping before going back into hiding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My paincave is finally done! (I know I need better TV stand, but it's functional.)

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many bikes does this chick have??

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's okay little brother. Must be rough being the third best university in the state.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [drudoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drudoo wrote:
It's okay little brother. Must be rough being the third best university in the state.

LOL, I'm not getting into this. There are hundreds of places for chickenhawks to run their mouth and talk trash. I doubt the people on this forum care too much about school rivalries in KS. Move along...or better yet...let's see your pain cave.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Pain Cave finally finished. Only missing some motivation pictures on the wall and a fan for the summer.

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [uclamutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of fan are you using there? I just have a regular box fan and it works well, but it blows air everywhere and I have a 3.5 month old son where I just want the fan blowing on me (even it is at low setting).
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Joe24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe24 wrote:
What kind of fan are you using there? I just have a regular box fan and it works well, but it blows air everywhere and I have a 3.5 month old son where I just want the fan blowing on me (even it is at low setting).

I don't know what kind of fans he has, but they look similar to mine. I use two of those smaller black fans and they are cheap Wal Mart specials. i think Honeywell is the brand. They work good for pointing pretty directionally and keeping cool. My cave is in the basement and is pretty cold. When the weather turns a bit warmer I have a really big fan that I bring out to keep cool.

oh, and last year my infant son spent a fair amount of time in the pain cave with me. I found that putting him in a swing right next to one of the fans was great. He didn't get blown on, and the white noise of the fan and watching the pedals turn put him to sleep every time.
Last edited by: dprocket: Feb 1, 14 9:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
Joe24 wrote:

I don't know what kind of fans he has, but they look similar to mine. I use two of those smaller black fans and they are cheap Wal Mart specials. i think Honeywell is the brand. They work good for pointing pretty directionally and keeping cool. My cave is in the basement and is pretty cold. When the weather turns a bit warmer I have a really big fan that I bring out to keep cool.

oh, and last year my infant son spent a fair amount of time in the pain cave with me. I found that putting him in a swing right next to one of the fans was great. He didn't get blown on, and the white noise of the fan and watching the pedals turn put him to sleep every time.

Thanks! Definitely something I could try. Might be my solution to workouts over an hour long.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexneum wrote:
My Pain Cave finally finished. Only missing some motivation pictures on the wall and a fan for the summer.

Forget the nice bikes - the first thing I saw is that you have a Vasa trainer! I've been raving about mine since I bought one in December 2013 - for a time crunched guy like myself, it's my best weapon in triathlon to date. (I've got gobs of low hanging fruit on the swim portion, which is limited primarily by pool access time.) My bike and run indoor setup is also totally solid, but the Vasa is the real gamechanger for me. I actually like that it's a 'different' workout from the pool - more focused on pull, but really good.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Skream [ In reply to ]
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Skream] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That rant needs further explanation
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Skream] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clean your room!

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer86 wrote:
Clean your room!

No shit... Studio living doesn't require that you live like a slob.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Chokebait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the bike worth more than your place? That's a beautiful bike! One of my favorite Cervelos.

I like the rant and don't mind the filth. If I wasn't married or trying to impress some females, I'd live like that too!!!
Last edited by: keg97: Feb 1, 14 14:28
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [keg97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keg97 wrote:
Is the bike worth more than your place? That's a beautiful bike! One of my favorite Cervelos.

I like the rant and don't mind the filth. If I wasn't married or trying to impress some females, I'd live like that too!!!

When are we not trying to impress some females?

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

In my moments of weakness I look to Tom Cruise for the strength to push on.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really have a pain cave because my spot is open to the outside. Instead I have a pain porch.

Here is the view when I'm riding:

It's not much but I love my pain porch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
Here's my pain cave.

Hah! When did you graduate from KSU? I just finished up my undergrad/masters from there in 2013. Or are you just a huge fan of the big dog Bill Snyder?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [PatrickOfSteele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PatrickOfSteele wrote:
dprocket wrote:
Here's my pain cave.

Hah! When did you graduate from KSU? I just finished up my undergrad/masters from there in 2013. Or are you just a huge fan of the big dog Bill Snyder?

Graduated in 1999. I'm 100% EMAW.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Joe24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fan on the left is a Vornado. I think it's this model.

The one on the right is a much less expensive Honeywell similar to this model.