Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [noxious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool thread/topic
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great room! I like the race posters and frames.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Bmonty2504] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It provides motivation during the indoor riding months. There are a lot of those where I live...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now this is a real pain cave. No video, only occasional audio, just me and the bikes and some tools, out in the garden.[/url][/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [BigFoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is definitely a painful cave. Kudos to you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More like torture cave
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We sold our house in Boston and we're building a new house back in North Carolina. Here's my interim setup.

Note my new toy, the Wahoo Kickr.[/img]

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Last edited by: Printer86: Jan 2, 14 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is a pain cave in the design for the new house?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
So is a pain cave in the design for the new house?

The bike setup will go into the new garage. The house itself will be within walking distance of the UNC Wellness Center. So, the treadmill and pool will be offsite.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Tory1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently no one lives in Palm Beach or Boca Raton
This is what we down here consider "rich"....anything under 2 million is upper middle class.

http://www.trulia.com/...on-FL-33431#photo-12
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [noxious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am jealous of some of those setups.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

and this is what I'm looking at:

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TimAndrusBoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where can the average income/demographics of triathletes be found? thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well most of the pain caves I've seen are bigger than my whole apartment....no really its only 250 sq. ft. (that's being generous; student loan debt, living in the city blah blah blah) Anyway with all that said here's the pain cave. Really no room for a fan and I watch the tv in my living room which is a reach away from the bike or listen to music. Sorry about the pics it was pretty hard to get far enough away from the bike to get it all in (yes, I had the zoom all the way out).

Comments? Questions? I'm jealous of all the sweet setups.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [subydude88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is getting use now that it's -25C. Weights are my wife's.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to finalize my basement setup. I'm going to be running Trainerroads/Sufferfest, netflix, hulu, etc... via my Macbook Pro connected to a 50" TV. My question is:

1.) What is the best way to handle all the remote controls and mice while riding? Are the sweat covers with the pockets worth the coin? What about wooden TV trays? They look a little unstable and I don't really want to spend $100 on 4 TV trays when I only need one. Any other suggestions?

2.) I have a carpeted basement. I want to put something down to protect the floor. Anyone use these? I think something too thick would be unstable. Anyone use a piece of vinyl flooring?