Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a treadmill in the cold? My pain cave is a converted woodshed but my treadmill won't let me run in the winter. The belt moves until I put my weight on it then it just stops. But it only does it in the winter.
Last edited by: ditchmedic: Nov 28, 13 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you an Ironman?

anitan1 wrote:
Here are some pics of my pain cave:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
are you an Ironman?

Unfortunately, No. I've started 6, but never actually finished one. I'm hoping to finish my first one next year so I can get a massive tattoo on my calf...
Last edited by: anitan1: Nov 28, 13 10:07
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [k89533720] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
k89533720 wrote:
Thats a very nice inviting room. Where did you get the large M Dot and also the items inside the frames from races? Were they ordered or did you make them?
Nice job!!

Yes, my daughter helped me paint it on the wall. It's just some motivation to help me get through the cold Northern Indiana months on my trainer. The framed items were picked up at races mostly and framed (cheaply) at Michael's.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, we used a projector to cast the design on the wall and then taped off the edges. My daughter free-handed the dot. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anitan1 wrote:
Yep, we used a projector to cast the design on the wall and then taped off the edges. My daughter free-handed the dot. Thanks!
That is very cool!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [vikingstumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, a dungeon it's not, but there's no better name for our workout area than a "Pain Cave". Whether it's long rides on the trainer, 500lb deadlifts, or tournament worthy ippon seoi nage throws, this is where pain happens.

Not sure how it worked out, but the ventilation is all hiding in this pic. When I long ride the trainer, the bench comes out of the squat rack, the bike goes in, and two Vornado floor fans keep me cool and dry. A pedestal fan blows over the treadmill to keep it cool as well. I'm not much of a photographer, so it looks pretty cramped, but it's not really: 16ft x 16ft, with 10x16ft open area. Another TV coming soon (Yay Cyber Monday deals!) to put in front of the treadmill. My wife didn't appreciate the partially obstructed view of the TV in the squat rack from the treadmill, ended up getting a 24" Smart TV for free, should be here next week. 1300lbs of weights, heavy bag, treadmill, cycle trainer, grappling dummy, bench, and squat rack. The Concept 2 Rower is outside for now. There's nothing functional or productive that happens at a gym besides swimming that I can't do here.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pink font? Looks like finisher medals hanging there. You realize that you can never do a non M-dot race now, right? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The latest addition, the wife had a computer and monitor that she was no longer using, so I mounted the monitor on the reading rack of the treadmill for things like Hulu, YouTube, etc...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! That is impressive!

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anitan1 wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:
are you an Ironman?

Unfortunately, No. I've started 6, but never actually finished one. I'm hoping to finish my first one next year so I can get a massive tattoo on my calf...

So you have a shrine to the six IM's you DNF'd complete with hat and finishers medal you didn't earn?

priceless
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, yes. I guess I'm a little sick like that. It's all motivation for me....In the hopes that one day, I'll be able to finish one.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [uclamutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the kind words. I feel very fortunate to have a nice place to work out. My prior pain cave was a small section of unfinished basement (complete with concrete floor and walls). I hit it in there for 7 years before we finally moved on. When we sold the house, it failed the Radon test...ugh. Right then I made the decision that my next pain cave would be a lot more comfortable (and less dangerous)...In my humble opinion, life is WAY to short to spend that much time in a radon-infested hell hole. And the cool part about it is that I actually enjoy getting in there for a workout.
Last edited by: anitan1: Dec 7, 13 21:09
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
anitan1 wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:
are you an Ironman?

So you have a shrine to the six IM's you DNF'd complete with hat and finishers medal you didn't earn?

priceless

Wow, I just assumed Pink.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! You have an amazing CompuTrainer setup!

This is the only instance in my life where I wished I lived in Kansas!!