Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [gohmdoree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Just finished putting mine together for the winter. Still need to dress it up a little, but all the important stuff is together.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The Suffercave- Trainerroad and Sufferfest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If you suffer you should recognize this screen. Not the greatest pic of my setup.

I prefer to ride in the dark for some reason. I switch off the lights in the garage so I only see the screen.
There is nothingon the ground, some bikes/surfboards on the walls. I have one fan blowing on me and surround sound.
It really has a cave feel to it. My special place, to suffer.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
recently downgraded to be a bit more spartan/HTFUish

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
recently downgraded to be a bit more spartan/HTFUish

That pretty lavish compard to mine. I'll have to shoot some pictures tonight or when I get a chance.

I see your budget requires you to share pedals with one of yoru road bikes. Sometimes compromises must be made.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@JayZ - I like the idea of the dual screens. Curious how you use with your training - what's displayed on each one etc and what are they hooked up to?

JayZ wrote:

Just finished putting mine together for the winter. Still need to dress it up a little, but all the important stuff is together.

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The right monitor is hooked to the laptop sitting on the table to the right. Its running trainerroad with virtual power. The left monitor is running a Roku Box, its for entertainment purposes only. I use it mostly to stream amazon prime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:
The right monitor is hooked to the laptop sitting on the table to the right. Its running trainerroad with virtual power. The left monitor is running a Roku Box, its for entertainment purposes only. I use it mostly to stream amazon prime.

How big are each of those monitors?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Tory1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great place to train for mental toughness.. nothing to critisize... your a bad ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
house like that and a great looking fam in new york, you must be in the mafia... are you hiring ?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys got some sexy rooms.
Last edited by: tomspharmacy: Oct 29, 13 8:28
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude you really ought to think about putting a hot tub or sauna in there for after.. thats a really nice room ... dont skimp out
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [coyote39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
acdc rocks
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [pigpen73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pigpen73 wrote:
dude you really ought to think about putting a hot tub or sauna in there for after.. thats a really nice room ... dont skimp out

Who said there isn't one?? You only saw one side of the room :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here is my cave. Of note, is my 36x57" stair runner carpet with rubber backing that cost $9 at a building supply store and a pillow used to dampen trainer noise.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like that Vornado fan? I've got their cheap $20 model and on high it's too damn loud and not enough airflow.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
santino314 wrote:
How do you like that Vornado fan? I've got their cheap $20 model and on high it's too damn loud and not enough airflow.

I can't recommend it highly enough. It's three speeds: low, powerful, and knock your socks off.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [toadbra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.amazon.com/...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

23.6" ASUS Monitors. $163 at Amazon right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:

Here is my cave. Of note, is my 36x57" stair runner carpet with rubber backing that cost $9 at a building supply store and a pillow used to dampen trainer noise.

Oooo. I like that. I spent $50 on a rubber stall mat from a ranch store. Its nice and thick and quiet but the rubber stench is going to run me out of my entire house pretty soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
question...why the book under the front tire? just started using indoor trainer a months ago....any advice / info is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:

Are you using something else for sound or the internal speakers (does that model even have internal)?

I don't know if the model I have is that same one or not but it is a 24ish inch asus with hdmi and internal speakers. Been using it to setup the pc that will be dedicated to trainer road and with the pc and the monitor maxed it really is not loud.

For me it will just be displaying trainer road and a 32" tv will be used for entertainment (off the same pc) so just curious your experience with the volume level on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:
Timtek wrote:

Oooo. I like that. I spent $50 on a rubber stall mat from a ranch store. Its nice and thick and quiet but the rubber stench is going to run me out of my entire house pretty soon.

I've got 5 or 6 pieces of the stall mat.. and I stupidly like to drop my clean laundry on it all the time so I go pick up a shirt and it smells like rubber, gross.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a mat for bike trainers and it seems to be pretty smell-resistant. My aerobar pads, that's a different story, but still not too bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I bought a mat for bike trainers and it seems to be pretty smell-resistant. My aerobar pads, that's a different story, but still not too bad.

I am renting so I got permission to rip up the carpet on my first floor leaving me with bare concrete. I then got several pieces of horse stall mat and a single piece of ply wood and the whole room now has a rubber floor with a wooden lifting platform.. Old pic earlier in this thread some place.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
JayZ wrote:

Are you using something else for sound or the internal speakers (does that model even have internal)?

I don't know if the model I have is that same one or not but it is a 24ish inch asus with hdmi and internal speakers. Been using it to setup the pc that will be dedicated to trainer road and with the pc and the monitor maxed it really is not loud.

For me it will just be displaying trainer road and a 32" tv will be used for entertainment (off the same pc) so just curious your experience with the volume level on it.

The monitors both have internal speakers, they aren't very loud. The trainerroad monitor is just loud enough for me to hear the beeps when an interval counts down. For the other monitor I use a bluetooth wireless transmitter and jaybird headphones.
Quote Reply

Prev Next