Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [aquaman1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aquaman1 wrote:
I wish i had that ceiling height, and the flat screen as well

i actually scored a deal on the tv. it's a 42" LG that bestbuy had on their website with a pricing error. normally sells for >$600, but they had it on bestbuy.com for only $198. i happened to pick it up before they fixed it :)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [samoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol wish i could have that luck.
mine is 27" and was 5 bucks at a garage sale
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [alex_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It was a lot of work, but so worth it in the end. Our place isn't that big, and I can't imagine being here now and not having the extra space. I originally started the project when we found out we were expecting. It's a great feeling to see our little girl having so much fun in a space that I created (she has a big play area that isn't seen in the picture).

Trainer Road and the 60" screen is Daddy's play area.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lakercr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PSA for anyone whose PC may be a long way from their trainer ANT+ stick. I picked up a set of USB to RJ45 dongles off Monoprice for about $10. I have about 50' of Cat5 cable (in the wall/ceiling) between my bike and the PC, and this setup is working perfectly. I used to have a couple of USB extensions linked together that I would pull out near the bike when it was time to ride, but the performance was never that great.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our formal living room isn't very formal anymore! Pain should be encountered while USING the room, not while LOOKING at the room!

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

Nice!

-Eric
---
"The Fit Shall Inherit the Earth" -Endurance Conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Rosshole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rosshole wrote:
my "cave".... unfortunately I have to share it with my 3 month old daughter...

That scares me!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [samoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, genius! I've been getting annoyed with the grease from the back of our bikes staining the carpet behind the pads. Are these easy to pry one up at a time and clean it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [bigpaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

bigpaps wrote:
No pain no gain!

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
Our formal living room isn't very formal anymore! Pain should be encountered while USING the room, not while LOOKING at the room!

nice knife.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice poker table!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXAvgYV94_g

short clip of my pain cave (with some du training bike footage)- took this yesterday playing with my new gopro, learning the editing software is messing with my head
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

old bike in pic

unfortunately ceiling is about half inch too low and limits some overhead lifts but otherwise works. Pull up bar with rings off to the left
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here's mine. I need all the fans.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:

What kind of fan is that yellow one??
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you stare at the wall when you are riding or do you have a TV/computer somewhere out of sight? Listen to music? I applaud you if you really do stare at the wall and bust out training sessions... I am bored looking at the wall in your picture already.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Jedd325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jedd325 wrote:
Do you stare at the wall when you are riding or do you have a TV/computer somewhere out of sight? Listen to music? I applaud you if you really do stare at the wall and bust out training sessions... I am bored looking at the wall in your picture already.

Staring a blank wall for 3 hours on the trainer builds mental toughness...or breeds insanity...;)

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Jedd325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jedd325 wrote:

I've got an ok stereo (and some rollers) sitting out of the picture for music. I've never had much problem with long trainer rides so long as I've got enough small sets to keep my mind occupied. I've played with the idea of a wall mounted flatscreen and a computrainer setup but never seem to get around to it.

Yellow fan is a ProStandard

I had my eye on one of those industrial liquid cooled fans, but returned to reality when I realized it would probably destroy the inside of my house.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
leegoocrap wrote:

What kind of fan is that yellow one??

It's looks like some model of Q Standard drum fan. They will run you a between $125-$250 but will blow your hair back.

Quote | Reply
Rosshole wrote:
haha, are you admiring our low cost daycare?

but yeah, i have to share with the dog too...

Great dog ..... you can keep the brat though.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What program is that on the big screen?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:

Great idea with this Computrainer Computer Mount. Can you provide a few more details? More pics, a build list, etc.? I'd love to build one, mine doesn't have to be a dual mount. Just a single...
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 1/2" Electrical conduit. It can be found at any Hardware store. Then just get T junctions or 90 degree elbows..

For our dual set up we have Conduit running from each load generator. They come together in a T junction, then run in another conduit to the stand, there we use a vertical piece (two wires going up, two wires going down, so it is a little crowded). Tie it into another T junction (the one you see pictured, and terminate the wires at the controller..

Total cost of all conduit and boxes was under $20.

The support for the hole thing is the rigidity of the pipe, along with the bracket you see in the picture holding it to the stand.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
1 1/2" Electrical conduit. It can be found at any Hardware store. Then just get T junctions or 90 degree elbows..

For our dual set up we have Conduit running from each load generator. They come together in a T junction, then run in another conduit to the stand, there we use a vertical piece (two wires going up, two wires going down, so it is a little crowded). Tie it into another T junction (the one you see pictured, and terminate the wires at the controller..

Total cost of all conduit and boxes was under $20.

The support for the hole thing is the rigidity of the pipe, along with the bracket you see in the picture holding it to the stand.

Perfect!! It's really funny, because I have the EXACT SAME wooden TV table in my workout room. My wife gave me grief because I stole one from our set of four. Anyway, I've been trying to come up with a cheap/easy way of doing what you did for over a year. Currently, I just lay the yellow computer down on the wooden table. That sucks, because half of my rides it ends up falling on the floor... Thanks for your help!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is so genius!
Quote Reply

Prev Next