Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Let's settle the poseur question once for all
Quote | Reply
I have come up with the following test to discriminate poseurs from other people.

Answer the following questions?

1. Do you own more bikes than you can ride at a time?

2. Do you own more than 1 car. Scrap that. Do you own a car?

3. Do you average less than 2.5 people per bedroom in your household?

4. Did you reach the finish line of your last race alive?

5. Do you read or post on Slowtwitch?

6. Did you ever score less than 5 on the Molina-Gordo PASP?

if you answered yes to any question, then you are a poseur. Welcome to the club!
Last edited by: Trirunner: Jan 31, 04 12:49
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle the poseur question once for all [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats me.........One more thing, how far can you hit a penguin? I will put that post to the top. Posers can hit a penguin farther than Mr. Tibbs. Trirunner you will have to go to the first post to get the link>
Last edited by: Kenney: Jan 31, 04 12:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! I'm not a poser. Oh Wait............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's worse ...

[1] the person that spends money and has all the latest equipment and finishes BOP.

... or ...

[2] The person who finishes well with meager equipment, and could likely make a run at top status if they would just buy some decent equipement.

One buys too much, the other doesn't buy enough.

-------------------------------

I have made an agreement with myself that all my major technology updgrades will be rewards for consistent training/racing progress. If it's evident I'm not getting faster, then I'll takie the $1500 and my dad and I can go fly-fishing in Montana, or my wife and I can go to a resort where we can enjoy a kid-free week, and the grandparents can spoil the grandkids for 5 days, and everyone is happy.

Wow, having typed that I think I'll prefer to have my tech upgrades as gifts, and spend my money on others. I don't want to go riding, and start thinking "Lookatcha! Your wife works her butt off too, and instead of buying her something, you bought this bike when you already had one". Wow, buzzkill.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle the poseur question once for all [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah this is easy... I live in Montana....Give your gifts to me.........Come fly fishing(stay with us)and my wifes only child has been gone.....She will watch them............What are the gifts I want?...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle the poseur question once for all [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a fast Pentium or G4/G5 Mac and can't hit the penguin farther than 550, you're a poseur.

TripleThreat

I have a better idea for your upgrade money that your not going to spend on your self buy secondhand "upgrades" and send them to Mr tibbs but just make sure they are heavy since he wants them sent cod.
Quote Reply