Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286
Quote | Reply
Since some forum members decided to hijack a humorous thread poking fun on multiple levels at someone who "just didn't get it" to voice their views on the political correctness of the post, I decided to start anew since they were cluttering the message with political correctness

So here we go again.

Newsflash,

Earlier this evening Brian286 was rushed to the local ER after a failed suicide attempt. The hospital spokesperson indicated they expect Brian286 will recover. He is currently being treated for an overdose of HGH and EPO.

As he was being wheeled from the ambulance into the hospital, onlookers reported hearing Brian286 mumbling, "they just don't understand! If only I could post it one more time. I was so disillusioned, I took everything I had in the house."

The resident psychiatrist reported that with prolonged psychotherapy, Brian 286 should make a nearly full recovery. The medical opinion offered by the psychiatrist was that ultimately, the inconsistency between charity and for profit finally overwhelmed Brian286.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Last edited by: Wants2rideFast: Dec 23, 04 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, let me get this straight....

You are protesting the behavior of a poster by acting just like that poster?

Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [CrashingGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tasteless is the taste of the season...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pipe down, you Godless Portuguese communist ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, that was hard, just because Fahrenheit 9/11 happens to be my favorite movie! ;-)

-

Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's mine, too (surprisingly). Very entertaining.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you serious? If you are, I guess you and I can agree on at least one thing. I think mr. moore is one hell of a gutsy individual, a gadfly, a defender of free speech, and one funny guy. And like a great educator, he is also wise enough to see that humor can make a difficult message easier to deliver.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The message is not difficult ;-)

-

Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm very open-minded. And I took a bullet for the right of everybody to say what they want to say. Not just for those with whom I may agree.

It was a good movie, and if a person keeps him or herself well-informed about issues, they're able to come to an intelligent conclusion about things.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, not for me. But for some (some on this forum, for sure), the message that the US Govt. is f.u.b.a.r.* is very troubling indeed....

Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.."political correctness"... Seems to me that lately anytime anyone is criticized for bad taste, bad manners, bad judgement or general insensitivity they shout and scream "politically correctness, political correctness: as if that justified any and everything they say or do. That's just stupid! (Or is calling someone stupid polically incorredt?)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you. You must mean this right: "congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances..."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. You'll never hear the words "shut up" out of my mouth, when it comes to divergent viewpoints. If I don't like what I'm hearing or seeing, I just look or listen to something else.

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powercranks are the best invention ever for improving cycling and running and swimming.

I havent ever used them, I am just trying to Hijak this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael Moore's new film is about Frank Day and Powercranks...

-

Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7-Eleven is selling wristbands to benefit the USO.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lovin' you, Brian!!!!!!!! :^)

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I volunteer with the USO out here at the airport in Honolulu. I'm definitely the youngest looking fellow by a long shot. We've got a couple of Pearl Harbor survivors that work down there. They give me nothing but shit, humorously, about the years I served in the naval service.

You know, stuff like: "We slept in canvas hammocks.....yada yada". I get a big kick out of it.

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are they wearing these wristbands?

Also, FYI...Wayne Newton and other stars will be performing at a USO send off in Camp Shelby, Mississippi on 21 December. Apparently the Dixie Chicks couldn't make it and Streisand politely declined. They're trying to get R.E.M to do one as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you happy now, Ben? Thanks, man.

Quote | Reply
"Wayne Newton" and "star" should be the working definition of oxymoron. That they are not says volumes about popular (?) culture (???). Does Wayne's wristband say "Support Our Toupees"?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And all of this has what to do with triathlon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once saw Barbara Mandrell in Laughlin.

I'm not sure I want to divulge that information.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to buy a USO wristband, but some A-holes blasted the idea.

I wanted to read about tri stuff from a guy who knows his shit, but some A-holes ran him off the website.

I'd like to read about a variety of topics, but some a-holes complained and got all that stuff moved to another forum. But I see how that was a good thing becasue this forum is PURELY a tri forum now.

I'd like to find a good tri and other stuff forum with intelligent posts by people who know and/or care...because this one has started to SUCK

The Cuban Comet
(Comets are unbelievably slow over Cuba)
Last edited by: hpwvale: Dec 23, 04 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Try This Again: Let's All Say A Prayer For Brian286 [hpwvale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but what are your REAL feelings about all this dreck? Don't hold back ;-)

Tony
Quote Reply

Prev Next