Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Least bad integrated brakes for TT
Quote | Reply

I currently own an Argon 18 e-116.... Great mid-range bike, but the brakes are terrible... fairly hard to adjust, and they are not really design for wider wheels.

Thus, time for an upgrade !!!

I was seriously considering considering switching to disc... but once you factor in the cost of new wheels, it's a little above my budget...

So, base on your experience, which company has the least bad integrated brakes (efficiency and easy to adjust)

For now, my research at telling me that Trek SpeedConcept is the first one, followed by Argon e119... but i didn't try any
Quote Reply
Re: Least bad integrated brakes for TT [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not neccesarily integrated, but the Orbea Ordu comes standard with Tririg Omega X's. Probably not quite on the level full bike wise as an IA, SC, or Canyon but at least you know the braking will be great and easily adjustable. Plus their color customization is actually pretty neat. I've always admired that bike.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept. Super easy to adjust, brakes really well. I have Hed blacks and braking is insane. Never had an issue with the brakes on the speed Concept other than the rear needs to be cleaned once in a while. Even with speed fun / brake over some dirt will find its way in there... True for all bottom bracket mounted brakes.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Least bad integrated brakes for TT [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Not neccesarily integrated, but the Orbea Ordu comes standard with Tririg Omega X's. Probably not quite on the level full bike wise as an IA, SC, or Canyon but at least you know the braking will be great and easily adjustable. Plus their color customization is actually pretty neat. I've always admired that bike.
More integrated than you might think. The shapes of the fork crown and head tube were completely designed around the Omega X brake. It was a design input. Same for the rear brake.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a Trek SC and I'm envious of where the Argon 119 rear brake is located. I don't have any experience with it, but it looks far smarter.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply