Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Learning Photoshop
Quote | Reply
My sister took this picture of me at IMLP99. I really wished that the PortaJohns could have been somplace else. Well, I got Photoshop about two weeks ago and since I have a lot of time on my hands lately with my knee surgery I've been practicing.

First thing I did was crop it to see where I wanted myself to be.

That's better already. Now I have to get rid of the PJ's.

Crop again.

Too sloppy. Go back and try again.

Now, that's better. With a little more parctice, I'll have it perfect.

This fun!!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Jan 19, 05 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: Learning Photoshop [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Brother--you could put two shooters on the Grassy Knoll in Dallas!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good work - interesting thing is you are allowed to race without a shirt - I thought most Iromans you had to at least wear a singlet of similar?
Quote Reply
Re: Learning Photoshop [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He just got out of the water. Note the wetsuit in hand and lack of shoes.

Nice work with Photoshop!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that newly "reclaimed" green space you need pics of Tibbsy, Demerly, Dan, Bad Monk, etc. Or, maybe one of the girls from the hottie thread. :)

Very nice work, though. My wife just bought a "Learning Adobe Photoshop cd and has been doing pretty much the same thing while she recovers from neck surgery.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Learning Photoshop [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- interesting thing is you are allowed to race without a shirt - I thought most Iromans you had to at least wear a singlet of similar?

Soon all IM's will have a catagory for those who wish to run without a shirt or shoes. This will go along with the new catagory for those who don't want to run at all. The only stipulation is that you will have to carry your wetsuite. (ha, ha)

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unlike swim, bike or run as far as Photoshop goes I CAN give advice....been using it since version 2.0.....by far the best way to get to grips with the programme is the Adobe Classroom in a Book series.....an excellent step by step tutorial series.....in my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/032119375X/qid=1106129912/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-0992099-2450222

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Learning Photoshop [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Stephen, I just found "Classroom in a Book for PS 7.0" for free download on the Adobe websight. It's in PDF files. I'll try going though them one at a time. So far I've used the book "Sams Teach Yourself PS in 24 Hours". It's not meant to be one day. It's 24 one or so hour lessons. I guess it took me about ten days. I got it at the library and it breaks it down into simple lessons that I could understand. Photoshop is a huge program and all the other books at the library seem to try to do too much at once. It's nice when it's broken down into segments. I'll give "Adobe Classrom in a Book" a try next.

Thanks again, Jim

Last edited by: Sweeney: Jan 19, 05 11:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i learned photoshop just from fooling around with it. it's not as hard as it seems - granted, their are people who would blow me away in a photoshop contest but i know enough to get by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While you are at it you should reduce the contrast in the picture using the middle arrow in the levels toolbar, and maybe run a very small feather of your selection before dropping out the background so you don't get the jagged stairway between the trees and the red fence.

Looks good. Welcome to the art of creating a non-exitant reality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... been using it since version 2.0 ...

Wow!!! That puts you back to 1980-something!!! I was there, man!!!

One question: How could we work without "layers???"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Learning Photoshop [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parfait has layers. Everybody loves parfait.
Quote Reply
Re: Learning Photoshop [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...layers...yes....how can we do anything without them now eh!!!! I remember Photoshop 2.0 and thinking it was 'out there'.....and now with Photoshop CS what can I say.....it's also the most stable programme I have ever used.....and what about 'layer masks'....wow...that was something.....now in CS what I really think is the best feature for photography is the lighten the shadow areas command....it works really well.....no more crapping about with the curves so much.....just hit the command and watch those dark areas come to life.......

Sweeney.....listen to me...Adobe Classroom in a Book is the way to go....superb!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stephen,

Maybe you can help me with the one problem I have so far. Since I installed PS7.0 it has taken over my Windows My Pictures folder. Before installing PS I could view, print and resize pictures inside this folder. After installing PS, if I click on a picture thumbnail in the My Pics folder, PS automaticlly opens. Is there some way to make PS only open when I want it to open.

Thank you, Jim Sweeney

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaaahhhhhh....I use Macs, so don't really know...perhaps there are some Windows Photoshop users out there......?????

But, thinking about it logically......

What has happened is that Windows has set Photoshop as the default for opening images......

...I guess you must have, in the control panels or something, somewhere where you can take off the 'open with Photoshop' default command.....s

That's what it is for sure....but quite how to do it in Windows I don't know.....

P.S. check out the Tribe cap photograph on the thread I just put up

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
      Thanks, I just sent an order for that hat. I don't need any race apparal, but I do need that hat!

Jim

Quote Reply