Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Latest Armstrong news----PED's
Quote | Reply
I didn't see this posted yet. So for all you Armstong fanatics here is an ESPN posted story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/...ews/story?id=2027015

Is this true or just one pissed off ex-employee?

-----------------
My races
Boston Marathon
Florida 70.3
Was IMMOO, Now IMFLA
Quote Reply
Re: Latest Armstrong news----PED's [JTG2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm.
Physical evidence?
Reason to lie?
Probable cause?

This looks more like a joke than court case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not news, speculation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No smoke without fire. Lance is on something, like the rest of them. Open your eyes you blind fools. Whether he gets caught is another question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would seem to me that if the substance was on the list of banned substances, and tested for, Wouldn't it show up in those tests?

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strike 2?

Quote | Reply
there's an old saying in politics....be nice to the people around you on your way up because you're going to need them on your way down.

2 independent former staffers accusing him of doping doesn't bode well.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Latest Armstrong news----PED's [look486] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is the fool? The one that claims to know something as fact when all he has is his pathetic gossip, or the one who waits until there is substantial proof, and until such time, claims to be uncertain?
Quote Reply
Re: Latest Armstrong news----PED's [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you listen to interviews with Lance he nevers says he doesn't dope. He says "I have never tested positive for a banned substance" and then goes on about how he is the most tested athlete on the planet. I am in no position to pass judgement on wether he dopes or not, and truthfully I don't think I care any more. But numerous people on this board and other places have repeatably said everyone does or you can't be competitive. Period.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Hmmm, strategy? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The lawyer in me is thinking about the strategy implications for Mr. Anderson's pending litigation with Lance. As I read the article, Lance sued Mr. Anderson first, claiming some sort of psuedo-extortion, and Mr. Anderson counter-sued claiming breach of an email contract.

Dropping this bomb in an otherwise innocuous pleading certainly suggests a scorched-earth policy. (I can only guess that the pleading uses this info. to claim motive for Lance to fire/screw over Anderson. That argument assumes that Lance would know that Anderson knew about the Andro)

Normally I'd think Anderson is upping the stakes in looking for a settlement. However, considering how LA went after the guy who wrote the book and the Irish lass who made the claims in that book, throwing this out there probably means that any chance of a settlement just flew out the window.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Last edited by: SouthernTim: Mar 31, 05 14:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I'll continue in my child-like hope this is just sour grapes and Lance is clean. One of my favorite Lance quotes:

"Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"

Quote | Reply
Knowing that some part of the world are already on April 1st date, and since this has not transpired on cyclingnews.com, it may somply be a prank.

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Re: Latest Armstrong news----PED's [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the San Francisco Chronicle fell for it.

http://www.sfgate.com/...ports/s121327S91.DTL

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Latest Armstrong news----PED's [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I compare drug use in sports like cycling and baseball to drug use in Mr. Universe....if everyone is doing it is it really cheating? If the playing field is level and everyone has access to the drugs then the best guys are still going to win.

I really feel sorry for the occasional sacrificial lamb like Tyler Hamilton who gets tossed to the wolves so that the powers that be in charge of things can pretend that they are on top of the problem and weeding out the cheaters.

If you piss off the wrong official at the wrong race your number might be up.

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I now know why triathletes are so special, they are all f#*ing clairvoyants.

Free your mind and the rest will follow...
Quote Reply
Re: Latest Armstrong news----PED's [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's on cyclingnews. i don't think it's a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last time I checked we don't have to prove he's innocent, you have to prove he's guilty.

But since you asked, how many random drug tests does a person have to pass to be considered clean. Oh wait, I forgot...he has access to drugs that don't show up...the UCI is covering for him...blah...blah...blah.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey genius, where did I state my belief that he was NOT doing drugs? It is ok to say you just don't know until there is enough substance to say either way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya know, who really cares? I could give a shit! Let them all cheat, make it a test of who has the best drugs. Ironically, The Discovery Channel (Lance's new team sponsor) ran a program last week about chemist working for the WADA. Interestingly, one molecule here or there makes the difference between a positive and a "clean sample".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe we should have thread that follows, "I don't know we'll wait and see." At least it would show a bit more superior discretion than recklessly talking out of ones rearend about some opinion based on tittle-tattle. Wait until more specifics comes out akin to Richard Vireque, David Millar, and maybe even Tyler, before you claim you know something you don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest Armstrong news----PED's [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats a myth and sematics. He has stated that he has never doped. He may well be lying, but somehow the myth exists that he dances around the subject. Read his books he categorically denies taking performance enhancing drugs.

Styrrell d
Quote Reply

Prev Next