Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last night I dreamt about....new wheels?!?
Quote | Reply
Reading the post today just reminded me that I spent the night dreaming I was in some weird kind of bike and poster store. I was searching for the perfect pair of Zipps. They were hung up on rack that you flip through, like posters. The owner was trying to convince me I needed those little clicker things kids put on their wheels so they make noise when they ride. Only the ones he gave me were the size of cereal boxes. After that I wandered around looking for a Jimi Hendrix cycling jersey.

Maybe this isn't a weird occurance for seasoned triathletes/cyclinst, but it is my first "wet" cycling dream. Heck, I just got my first bike for Christmas and can't even name all the parts on it. I have no desire to sepnd my nights dreaming about new wheels!! The bike store guys weren't even good looking! Is this what happnes when you spend too long on this board?
Quote Reply
Re: Last night I dreamt about....new wheels?!? [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to go out more.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the club, Kitty. I hope you enjoy your stay.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't fight it, just relax and enjoy. Here, have some candy.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

It'll be all right, I promise. No one else has to know. It'll be our secret.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I was starting to creep myself out.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Last edited by: Jim: Jan 24, 05 12:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you had some high quality wheels in your dream. In a past wheel dream, I ended up getting sold a disc wheel made out of wood. Dang thing rode like a wagon wheel too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In answer to this question

>>Is this what happnes when you spend too long on this board? <<

probably, among other notable things, like drooling at bikes instead of members of the opposite sex, wearing full body spandex and thinking it's ok, wearing heart rate monitors when you are snow shovelling (I heard about this from jmorrisey, I don't do it myself), and other nutty stuff. AINT IT GREAT!!!

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well at least your dream was positive - I've been dreaming about IMAZ. Seems I have missed the start and just decide to wing it from the back of the pack, no special needs, no food, not even sure if I have a bike set up - just jump in and start swimming about an hour after the cannon goes off.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hahahahahhahahahhaha.......laugh out loud big time.......Zipp-idy-do-da, Zipp-idy-day.....my oh my what a loverly day.....eh...what....what you mean wheels.....em.....I gotta ZIPP off now and feed the cat.....here kitty kitty.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Last night I dreamt about....new wheels?!? [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That spells insecurity.... kinda like when I find myself in bikini briefs walking down the hallway of our corporate headquarters and no one notices but me... did I just say that out loud? Hmmm, let's move on...

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week I had a dream that I showed up a Mt. Washington with a 53/39 11-21 combination. For some reason I had my bike shipped there (strange since I am only 1.5 hours away) and when I arrived that morning I discovered the gearing issue an hour before the race. I then woke up and ate sugar puffs . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Last night I dreamt about....new wheels?!? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JeffJ-

I have no idea what you just said, but I'll assume that showing up with that gearing would be absolute silliness!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a weird, bicycle dream last night, too. All I remember was that there was this carbon fiber pennyfarthing (isn't that what they call those high-wheel bikes of yore?) leaning against a wall. It was the coolest looking thing. Had a carbon fiber airfoil frame and an enormous, deep-section carbon fiber wheel, too.

Surely I must have seen something like this somewhere, but I can't imagine where. I can't imagine why I'd have such a thing show up in a dream, either.

Bob C.
Quote Reply