Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance sighting in San Diego 2-6
Quote | Reply
Hello,

So I'm doing an easy run through Carlsbad against traffic and three cyclists come toward me slowing down for a red light. I say hello to the first two and the third says hello and is trying to read my armwarmers, they're logo'd for our tri club. It took a second , but all of sudden I have this realization that it's Lance. It's been raining lightly off and on, so he wasn't wearing sunglasses. The eyes and the cheeks bones are what made me confident. I thought about turning around and catching them at the light, but didn't want to feel like a dope.

Anyone out there know his whereabouts?

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Lance sighting in San Diego 2-6 [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea his whereabouts, but I believe I'd have gone back to the red light and risked looking like a dope. It's not every day you get to see Lance.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - I would have done the same. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I do have a Lance Giro Pneumo helmet that would have looked pretty cool with his signature on it!

Quote | Reply
Reminds me of a story from a friend of mine:
http://netlistings.com/archives/cl12-03.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else noticed that you never see Lance and Elvis at the same time? Coincidence...I think not!

Quote | Reply
Hey Brian,

Check out thepaceline.com...it seems he doe s radio show from Austin today...I suppose there are always planes...

-T
Quote Reply
Re: Lance sighting in San Diego 2-6 [lajollaseal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Ash from my workplace looks just like Lance, and Mike is a hard core cyclist who lives in North County - that's probably who you saw.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm...because my friend text msg'd that she saw him riding here in Austin Saturday (2/5). But like lajollaseal said, there are always planes...
Quote Reply
Re: Lance sighting in San Diego 2-6 [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought he always rides now with a motorbike following him/his group (according to his last book). In that case, no trailing motorbike = No Lance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turns out that it very well could have been Lance. If you look at the pictures from the wind tunnel testing he did for his supposed hour time trial attempt, the date range on them is from Feb. 4 - 11, at the wind tunnel in San Diego.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Lance sighting in San Diego 2-6 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

There is a little doubt in the back of my mind, but it sure did look like him and I certainly wasn't trying to "spot" him like he was at an event or something.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Lance sighting in San Diego 2-6 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as an avid Lance fan, I know his wind tunnel stuff was done during the teams training camps in Jan...he George and others skipped a day in Solvang for this... or at least that is what was written. The photos posted could be the date of just when they were posted.

sorry guys.

p.s.Mike, cute doggie
Last edited by: lajollaseal: Mar 3, 05 12:03
Quote Reply