Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance caught at line
Quote | Reply
Who is this Jordan Jones guy that nipped Lance at the line?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [tsdudley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea who he is...but he can now say he beat Lance Armstrong... by 1/100th of a sec!

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this thread contained (before my deleting them) several (in my view) tasteless posts about the failure to recognize or acknowledge a family member at the finish of today's race.

i have never met saint lance, nor have i met lance the terrible. but lance armstrong i've known for more than 20 years. his performance as a father and his devotion to his children is unassailable. accordingly, you may talk about him however you want, within the confines of this forum's rules. but, because what you write on the internet has sticking power, i'm drawing the line on what you write that is unfounded, cruel, untrue, and may be read by both fathers and their sons and daughters, now and in the future.

an efficient way to hurry along the cessation of posting privileges on this forum would be to ignore and disregard the above.

carry on...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordan jones is an up and coming triathlete that needed had a chance at extra cash and took it although he did ruin lances finishing photo

Call of Duty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd think you'd at least scroll down a few threads before posting.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for doing that Dan. I did not see this particular thread before you pulled posts but I have seen many many negative posts about Lance. When I see them I always wonder how many of the posters have ever had any face to face interaction with him. In my few interactions with Lance he was polite and very well mannered; always interested in the person he was speaking to and asking questions. He was about as nice as anyone I've been around in my life and he had no reason whatsoever to be sucking up to me as I was just a lowly grad student and modestly successful masters track rider. He had nothing to gain from schmoozing me so I have to believe it was just his genuine personality.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks Dan. I was beginning to think I was the only one here who thought the other posters were idiots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it Dan, we can't question Lance but it is OK to call other posters idiots. Good to know
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [julian D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if that's your take-away from my post, you're probably not a good fit for this forum community.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe he was talking about my usage of the word "idiot", to which I say if he thinks that is as offensive as questioning a man's devotion to his children, then perhaps the title is fitting.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well no, because there were some posts that were supportive / balanced the negative posts, but they got deleted too.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [julian D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No soup for you!

It ain't cheating if you're trying to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when the forum admins delete an offending post all the responses to said post go away as well. that may be the case here.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Slowman [ In reply to ]
Re: Lance caught at line [inaba116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always run through the line. If I was ever good enough where it would have made a difference, my high school cross country coach would have strangled me for having that happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He kicked my ass everyday for a year, learned a ton from him. Really nice humble guy just doing his JOB. Here's a slowtwitch interview. http://www.slowtwitch.com/...rdan_Jones_2270.html
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Slowman [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best thing about Lance getting pipped at the post (albeit for 6th) is that he won't let it happen again. Then in the post race interview, it will give Lance another chance to look at the camera, pause, and say..

"No gifts"
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watched the video. I am kinda torn, but I can see it from both sides. I mean, Lance was taking time to acknowledge fans and giving a few high fives in the last meters while he was in obvious pain. I think when he got nicked at the line--that was not necessarily the issue, as I am sure he suffered and just wanted to finish. I think it was that slight show of joy that Jones exhibited in the end. Almost like---yeah, take that Lance. It seems to me that it was the celebration that pissed him off and well...led to the rest of the video. Just saying, I am sure we have all been there, meaning--getting super angry when someone celebrates passing you when you clearly were not on your best day, or you are no longer really racing. It is not the fact that those people passed you, its the celebration that you perceive against you that sends you off the end. You know you have all had something like this in training or race.

Still, it was a bit shocking as most of us would not have done that. But most of us would not have someone so excited to beat us at the very last second while we high five the crowd. Nor would he have all the media lenses trying to capture your response at the end. I can see Lance just wanted to get away from the finish and give himself a timeout from it all. Its just too bad that it clouded his vision and basically ruined what was supposed to be a heartfelt moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
inaba116 wrote:
http://youtu.be/HJo_aN4Eg2M

I read about this but the mental picture I had was totally different from the video. That was kind of hilarious and shocking in equal measures.

The crowd screaming and the (I am sure) flash of pure "WTF" when he is caught at the tape probably caused all other sounds to get washed away. I'd cut him some slack.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [magmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinda like Fernanda Keller doing the same to PNF in the '95 IM Hawaii after Paula spent 20 minutes on the ground. Equally tasteless from her as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While pipping LA at the line was something he was stoked about...I suspect that Jordan Jones' fist bump was for catching one more guy and putting himself second at the US Pro Championship...With a 2:11 on the bike and a 1:15 run, he was reeling in a lot more dead wood than just LA...

Nice race Jordan.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that supposed to be pink? Do you really expect someone to not run past a competitor that is walking to the finish line when you could get on the world championship podium? And how would Keller have even known PNF was lying on the ground for 20 minutes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
magmd wrote:
Still, it was a bit shocking as most of us would not have done that.

Speak for yourself. (I assume you mean finish fast instead of gift Lance the 6th place). If I saw $750 lying there I'd sure as hell pick it up, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance caught at line [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turning around, taunting him, and then walking behind him mimicking and mocking him as he left the area would have been tasteless.

All I saw is two ham-n-eggers and a day at the office

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next