Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance Trivia
Quote | Reply
Who are the two teamates of LA who have worn the Yellow Jersey?

Not Johan Bruyneel. He did wear the jersey but was not Lance's teamate at the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Victor Hugo Pena is one...
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats the easy one!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beltran wore virtual yellow in 1997 on stage 14 during a 15min break on the peloton.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [BNasty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope, this guy actually had the jersey on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys stink. It was Sean Yates in '94. Just goes to show that everyone jumped on the Lance bandwagon in '99. He actually had a career before Postal :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His old teammate Cidric Vasseur wore the yellow jersey for several stages in the 1997 Tour de France.

So I guess that makes it 3 if you include former teammates.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [BNasty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re read my first post. I said no Bruyneel because he wasnt part of Lances team when he had the jersey. That means no Vasseur either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanna know what the blonde podium chick is trying to do with her right hand and the yellow jersey in the photo. Tuck it in his bike shorts or something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Spinergy wheels suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spinergy wheels are the greatest!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danielito, I don't know if you really have issues with Spinnergy, or, are just kidding, I hope it's the latter.

I never thought much about Spinnergy wheels, until my bike arrived with them on, XaeroX, I believe they are called. My initial reaction was, "well, maybe I'll use them on a mountainclimb", they seemed so light and fragile, very smooth bearings, too. I took them off the bike and put on my Velocity straight 14 guage bombers to go for a ride. Every once in a while, I'd run the Spinnergy wheels if it were just going to be a short ride near home. Danged if I didn't hit a couple of potholes; and then some more. No problem with the wheels? Must be lucky. One day I hit a real bone-rattler...bottles flew out of their holders. I knew the wheels had to be at LEAST out of true. Nope. Wrong. Perfectly fine. Now, I leave them on all the time (except for races where I run an H3 front and Renn disc rear.) I'm very happy with the performance and durability of the ones I have.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this a trick question?

It did not happen when they were on the same team at the same time, but Steve Bauer was on the Motorola team with Armstrong in the mid 90's and Bauer was a Yellow Jersey wearer from his time with 7-11 which then morphed into Motorola - I think.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Spinergy wheels are the greatest!" . . . and they can also be rather dangerous, which is why I believe the UCI did not allow them.

The edge of the carbon fiber "spokes" are razor sharp. It was a freakish accident, but a women who was a favourite for the top 5 at IMC one year was cut right to the bone on the side of her shin when she got tangled up with another competitors Spinergy wheel in T1 a few years ago. An ambulance drive to emergency and 15 stitchs later, her IMC day was done before it even got going.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uhhhh, Spinergy makes different kinds of wheels these days. They haven't made the RevX for a few years now.

. . . RevX = Spinergy BUT Spinergy does not necessarily = RevX.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - Thank you for saying that. I should have clarified that it was the orginal RevX wheel that was the problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wanna know what the blonde podium chick is trying to do with her right hand and the yellow jersey in the photo. Tuck it in his bike shorts or something?

I think that's the OTHER girl's LEFT hand (notice the pinky finger). What's with the bulge in his SHIRT??? He must have been REALLY happy to win!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Trivia [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just kidding. Paul said we all stink, I said his wheels suck. Tit for tat silliness. I actually own a pair of Rev-X wheels I bought used from Steve Larsen. Oddly, they just don't seem to go as fast for me.
Quote Reply