Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [Thecatch83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thecatch83 wrote:
And when he wins in kona...fumbling trolls like you will profess, "means nothing unless you defend your title"....go crawl back into your cave!

Nah.... Then I'll give him the credit he deserves. Winning Kona is a feat worth a lot of respect as far as I'm concerned. However... I put his chances as SLIM. It takes years to master the art of winning in Kona, and a much lighter race load than what Lance is putting in currently. I won't be stunned if he places in the top 5, or is first off the bike and crumbles on the run Leito style, but I just don't see him winning it. I don't however put much stake in course records. With changing weather conditions and different levels of competition the winner only has to put enough effort in to win. Macca set the record on that course putting in enough effort to get it done. Not necessarily enough effort to set a record. I don't think anyone ever stands on the start line and thinks about breaking a course record. So I don't find them impressive other than milestones such as a sub 2 hour bike split or the first sub 8 Ironman time. So Lance setting the record doesn't impress me. His run splits are improving and at least this one was against a slightly more competitve field than some of the others he's been against lately. Still... a half iron run split is NOT an Ironman run split. Nice will certainly tell us all a little more....

You can call me a "fumbling troll" if you like... personally I'd prefer a label more akin to "someone who is tired of all these boring Lance threads".
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nickwisdom wrote:
personally I'd prefer a label more akin to "someone who is tired of all these boring Lance threads".

And yet...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all, it's Lieto.....and sub 8 has already been done multiple times....you should go into coaching elites since you know so much about how much training volume needs to be accomplished to win at Kona!

klehner wrote:
Nickwisdom wrote:
personally I'd prefer a label more akin to "someone who is tired of all these boring Lance threads".

And yet...

I just can't help myself! Its like trying to drive past an accident on the highway without looking... at some point in your life you'll stop to look.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [Thecatch83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thecatch83 wrote:
First of all, it's Lieto.....and sub 8 has already been done multiple times....you should go into coaching elites since you know so much about how much training volume needs to be accomplished to win at Kona!

Congratulations... you caught a typo.

And yes... sub 8 HAS been done multiple times. Which in my opinion is a feat I'm quite impressed with. I didn't mean to imply (I don't think I did) that it has not been done, merely that it is an accomplishment I greatly respect.

As to your last sentence... if you beleive that logic than pretty much all of us here on Slowtwitch should go into coaching. Are you implying we shouldn't enjoy discussing who is racing too much this year to compete well in Kona? Should we chat about basket weaving instead on a triathlon site?

I would however be happy to coach you if you like. For a reasonable fee of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your inane logic and incredulous banter are far more impressive than said typos...don't sell yourself short! And if you looked at my training logs, you would conclude that i am overtraining and incapable of finishing an IM.

Thecatch83 wrote:
And when he wins in kona...fumbling trolls like you will profess, "means nothing unless you defend your title"....go crawl back into your cave!

I think you mean if, not when.

And may I ask, what happens if he doesn't win?? Will you hop off the cock and ball just as you would wish us to crawl back into our caves

Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [NC Fartstorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHY DON'T YOU ALL LEAVE LANCE ALONE !!!
{taken from famous youtube video}

NC Fartstorm wrote:
Thecatch83 wrote:

And may I ask, what happens if he doesn't win?? Will you hop off the cock and ball just as you would wish us to crawl back into our caves
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [YFLMITITW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
also, lance

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [NC Fartstorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NC Fartstorm wrote:
Thecatch83 wrote:

Last I checked, i'm not the one posting up ridiculous threads about Lance and his success despite having one testicle and impropriety with his Livestrong donations.....go flame someone else who cares....im too busy training to care!

Thecatch83 wrote:
NC Fartstorm wrote:
Thecatch83 wrote:

Last I checked, i'm not the one posting up ridiculous threads about Lance and his success despite having one testicle and impropriety with his Livestrong donations.....go flame someone else who cares....im too busy training to care!

So let me get this straight. You basically label anyone who doesnt support or bow to Lance as a troll. I then make a ridiculous post about Lance and his testicles....thus trolling. ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll) And you get mad??

First time on the internet? Next time I suppose I will dumb it down a bit

Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [YFLMITITW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off topic... why isn't Lance racing 70.3 Worlds? Or is he hoping to make the start line? How does qualifying for that coincide with points?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this almost proves that cyclists were the superior athletes after all. If we had Ryan Hall and Michael Phelps start doing IMs we would know for sure once and for all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not everyone....just you! Happy trolling!

no you posted in the other thread too(hence trolling),jeez.

Heres Lances solution to even out the racing field, He will ride and dress like this at Kona if he qualifies, so the other racers have a chance to compete!

Last edited by: jetta-the-hut: Jun 4, 12 20:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
like it all. the press, the hype, lance being 40, bennet being 40 and their times besting macca's when he was at a younger age and in much tougher conditions... his average bike speed.. are you kidding!!! and florida.. he reported his sped to be hanging around 30mph for mush of the bike. its legendary already.

I like the way lance is racing.. its beast, boss, whatever is the coolest term is now. he is the pre of half im racing after not holding back for his two recent wins. going out on the front and racing all out. galvesten was a joke on the bike, leading, being passed, leading.. but now he is killing it. not since walto has triathlon (any distance) seen a pre style racer succeed. lieto's tried but not won much in the end. walto was crushing oly distance with his swim bike smash.. macca has tempered parts of his race to win but lance is special with the clear gift.

so here is lance AT 40!!! it's ridiculous. straight up nutz, what he is doing.. as much as Ilike his 70.3 style and success, fill IM is a different sport. it really is not even the same. his long run is untested and from what mark allen and macca learned, it takes many attempts to get it right.. lance doesnt have that kind of time so i really hopes he pulls some magic at the full distance.. really looking forward to france.. he needs to be tested on a long run.., and kona, that place is gonna be a zoo when lance rolls in. easily double the spectators.

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thecatch83 wrote:
not everyone....just you! Happy trolling!

I believe you are on the wrong thread. You need to go here:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Allow me to write your first post as well. Simply copy and paste.

Thecatch83 wrote:
Sometimes when people talk ill about Lance it makes me upset. WAAAAAAAAAA!! How can so many people on the internet be so mean? WAAAAA!!!

Glad I could help

Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [flim-mike-bunz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flim-mike-bunz wrote:
like it all. the press, the hype, lance being 40, bennet being 40 and their times besting macca's when he was at a younger age and in much tougher conditions... his average bike speed.. are you kidding!!! and florida.. he reported his sped to be hanging around 30mph for mush of the bike. its legendary already.

I like the way lance is racing.. its beast, boss, whatever is the coolest term is now. he is the pre of half im racing after not holding back for his two recent wins. going out on the front and racing all out. galvesten was a joke on the bike, leading, being passed, leading.. but now he is killing it. not since walto has triathlon (any distance) seen a pre style racer succeed. lieto's tried but not won much in the end. walto was crushing oly distance with his swim bike smash.. macca has tempered parts of his race to win but lance is special with the clear gift.

so here is lance AT 40!!! it's ridiculous. straight up nutz, what he is doing.. as much as Ilike his 70.3 style and success, fill IM is a different sport. it really is not even the same. his long run is untested and from what mark allen and macca learned, it takes many attempts to get it right.. lance doesnt have that kind of time so i really hopes he pulls some magic at the full distance.. really looking forward to france.. he needs to be tested on a long run.., and kona, that place is gonna be a zoo when lance rolls in. easily double the spectators.

Really is cool to see his balz out HIM style winning. My gut tells me he will make it very interesting in Kona for a bit, but that run *might* be a bit much for year 1. If he comes back next year I could see him winning every HIM he does regardless of who shows up or where. Maybe he goes back to Kona and gets close or even does the unthinkable? I also have this thought that even if he feels amazing at IM France that he might not show all he has *if* he is on.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong Thread: After smashing Maccas 70.3 record by 7 minutes why not more posts about Lance Armstrong? [jetta-the-hut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jetta-the-hut wrote:
no you posted in the other thread too(hence trolling),jeez.

Heres Lances solution to even out the racing field, He will ride and dress like this at Kona if he qualifies, so the other racers have a chance to compete!

[/quote

That made me laugh, excellent work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next