Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance : "I've never used..."
Quote | Reply
"I invite [the court] to consult the results of my anti-doping tests," Armstrong said. "I was tested 22 times in 2004 alone. I do not use - and I have never used - doping products." The Texan added that he's "sure to be vindicated."

Just in case anyone wants to say "I told you so..." - bookmark this comment.....in case he did do something back in early 90's....

I believe him - but this is the first time I've read where it says he's NEVER used them....

http://www.velonews.com/...articles/7434.0.html

I love Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love him too... the thing is, I'll love him even after he goes down, will you?

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...until death do us part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tremendously respect Lance's accomplishments. But "love" him? Why would you "love" Lance, if you do not know him personally. If you "love" him based on his accomplishments, why would you "love" him if they were achieved under PED's? If he goes down, I lose respect for him (if accusations prove to be true).

"Love" is a strong word. I'm sure he once loved his ex-wife and she loved him. I just don't see why you would "love Lance" if his is shown to be guilty of using PEDs or doping.

Please explain.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit man, "LOVE" him, OK... gee... :-) And everybody knows I'm a Jan fan...

My point was that people like mbucky LOVE Lance, but as soon as he admits to doping, they'll despise him and Lance might as well end up like Pantani. You have to accept the guy by what he is. A great sportsman? Yes. Has used doping products and methods? Surely.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I agree with your point and my question would be to MadisonBucky...

Why are you in Love with Lance? :)

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I tremendously respect Lance's accomplishments. But "love" him? Why would you "love" Lance, if you do not know him personally. If you "love" him based on his accomplishments, why would you "love" him if they were achieved under PED's? If he goes down, I lose respect for him (if accusations prove to be true).

"Love" is a strong word. I'm sure he once loved his ex-wife and she loved him. I just don't see why you would "love Lance" if his is shown to be guilty of using PEDs or doping.

Please explain.

Chris

Budda say to love your fellow man (and woman)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smartass...I am a Pantani fan, clean, doped, or ultrajuiced, in life or death...the pirate rules. I thought of him this past summer as I hammered up Ventoux. Lance rocks too. Whether clean, juiced or not. Hey, I believe the man did take epo during his chemo, but that is one of the reason why the drug exists in the first place (for medical use) :-)

See my posts:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...i%20devashish;#77399

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know of anyone who has gone through chemotherapy who wasn't given steroids. So is he saying instead that he's never used them for "performance enhancement"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow...you get worked up easily.

I guess, I would say that I love him b/c he's got great strength, perserverance and has been a role model and inspiration to many.

No, I don't know him personally - but I love the hope he's given so many....including myself.

Additionally, as a Christian - there's no reason not to love him...I agree 'love' is a strong word - and I don't think I use it out of context...Some of his personal choices might be kinda messed up, but who am I to judge?

It's a great story...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've met him and hung out with him (mostly dinners at mutual friend's of his current girlfriend)...I wouldn't say he's the lovable type...pretty snooty (would be a nice way of saying it)
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [reggiedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....seriously people, help me out here...

I was pointing out Lance's comment about drugs....not my totally hetero love for him.

What next - are we all going to start talking about Cervelos?

...though, I do own one and am getting another....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much faster would Lance be on a P3 Carbon?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [Goose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I quit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that a condescending, stuck-up SOB who seems to have assiduously relied on the statement, "Never tested positive", in a sport that basically requires PED's to achieve success, while having other icons fall by the PED wayside and have multiple fingers pointed at him by insiders is not the most believeable person.

Whaddya think about him arranging his future competitions in a way that avoids the risk of getting caught by the more sophisitcated tests? Certainly the Balco, Nina and Tyler sagas would give anyone who has accomplished what he has, real pause if he were not clean. Mark McGuire (baseball home run record holder) saw the writting on the wall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
to the defense of Nina...there was no saga...she won, got busted admitted right away and was shown the door.

can't say that of Tyler-but-Im-genetic-chimera Hamilton...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...again, my post was about him saying "I do not use - and I have never used - doping products."

Nothing about never "testing" positive - but actually saying never used.

And those are some tough remarks...arranging his competition to avoid getting caught? WTF? I suppose the Tour is place they are pretty lax about that stuff?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The sports world got a HUGE wake up call this year by both Balco ("now people we don't know are able to trip us up") and by Tyler ("Gee, maybe they will be able to find stuff that I didn't think they could"). There are a few still undetectibles out there (like blood packing with your own blood) that they are working on. Ever heard the stories of how they give riders time (to normalize) before their hemocrit tests? What if they change that rule on July 2?

All (PED users') bets are off: They are freezing samples for future detection with future testing measures.

Think about it: if you had the choice to retire as the greatest cyclist of all time, or to risk getting an asteryx next to your name, what would you do? Again, re: Mark McGuire.

The Nina event is a "saga" because triathlon isn't immune and she, I am sure, isn't the only user. WTC testing proceedures, amongst others, will effect the sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enquiring minds want to know...you must be pretty connected if you're in the circle with Sheryl Crow. Do say more.

Quote | Reply
My understanding is that Crow and Armstrong are estranged as of Monday. Rumor mill. Unconfirmed.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Telling tales when I am still in the crowd wouldn't be cool.

However, I did just see this.... http://sportnews.flash.gr/articles/2005/1/11/58000/images.asp
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy mother of Mary....you are connected Tom! ;)

Quote | Reply
You must be Santa Claus. Thanks for the entertainment :)

Quote | Reply
"Telling tales when I am still in the crowd wouldn't be cool. "

I disagree...telling tales, claiming you're in with the crowd - then not backing it up is lame....and not cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is lying.

He used EPO when he had cancer.

Of course that's a technicality and is stupid to mention.
Quote Reply

Prev Next