Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3!
Quote | Reply
BOOM!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [tricrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe all the folks who thought he would be disgraced smoked etc. 2nd is terrible. Hes a great swimmer pretty good biker hah and adequate runner. Don't ever count him out. He wouldn't try this if he didn't think he could compete at the top of the sport and I guarantee a top 5 in kona if he doesn't get hurt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
huge performance, and i think it's going to be especially interesting to hear the post-race interviews from this one. what were the dynamics? who was saying what? how did everyone look out there?

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the male pros have just been put on notice. Lance is legit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now WTC needs to be more careful with doping
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bevan docherty is the man.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [fatbastard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fatbastard wrote:
I think the male pros have just been put on notice. Lance is legit!

A year ago 'he couldn't swim'. Now we know he can.

A day a go he couldn't run. Now we know he can.

No one questioned his cycling. Wouldn't it be fun to have access to his power file and see just how much, if any, he held back on the bike?

Now that he had a break off the rust official triathlon against a stacked field it will be very exciting to see how he approaches race number 2!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My personal feeling is that he let Lieto set the pace. It was well below his threshold to stay with him
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love him or hate him. You gotta respect the competitiveness.

I expected that an athletic freak, from another specialty, who jumps into the pro tri ranks relatively late in age would have to go thru some growing pains. Looks like I was wrong.

2nd place, in very strong field. Very impressed with the execution & effort. was following it on ironmanlive.com.

I'm putting all of my doubts aside. Except one...there's a big diff between holding threshold effort at 70.3 vs. proper pacing for an IM mary. That's the next thing to watch. I'm a believer in heart. And he's got that. To go with the genes. Though the age and odometer are working against him, making his window of learning opportunity relatively small. As for right now, I'm thinking 70.3 is the perfect distance for him to 'compete'.

sure is fun to watch tho. I think it's pretty cool. and I expect most races that he attends to have fast push-it-to-the-limit times, everyone will be blowing up or setting pr's!

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fatbastard wrote:
My personal feeling is that he let Lieto set the pace. It was well below his threshold to stay with him

If thats true it was damn smart, he may have blown if he tried to go at a higher pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fatbastard wrote:

My gut says that as well....maybe looking down saying...'wwwooooo hoooo we are WAY under budget: note to self turn screws harder next race'. Never know, can't wait to see his tactics next race....perhaps this is how he will race all the time? Not everyone is Bevan Docherty so for the field to say 'oh well he can only run a 1:17 just let him go and we will catch him' could be a very dangerous game.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Feb 12, 12 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [Biertuempfel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big congrats to him today. I was thinking he'd have to get a "feel" for the LC racing atleast for a race or 2 before he podiums, as I had him about 8th. Great race today by him!!

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
fatbastard wrote:

If thats true it was damn smart, he may have blown if he tried to go at a higher pace.

I have the same feeling

he probably said:

I swam with the best and now I just need to stay behind the faster biker on the field so I can have a good run!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [bratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is always one idiot in the bunch, congrats....you are it!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bevan was the man today...impressive runner!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
U are another LA fan, I am not
Dont like him as person and athlete
Am I wring to say about doping?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bratri wrote:
GIVE ME A BREAK...
So lets see lance pretty much was dominating with 3 or 4 other pros back in the late 80s as a 16 year old kid.
So you think hes been doping for what 25 years... I mean if he has no talent or ability and its all doping then your argument would mean he had to be doping when he was a kid and
no way he was that fast. Then he was doping for leadville mountain bike race or doping for xterra.... and so on. AND for 25 years.

Guess the winner at panama had to have been doping no way hed have ran lance down like that and held him off I mean if lance was doping then someone who beat him had to be right?
Heck I guess taking that Mark Allen,Dave Scott,Paula Newby.. Oh yea Crissie wellington all must be doping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you watch the race? I'm so jealous.

How can I view this race?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, great race and super run for Bevan. Unfortunately, it is like Tiger Woods. The headlines aren't who won, but who the people and press are in love (or hate) with.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [gholmes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do u believe in Santa???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bratri wrote:

In a word, yes.

Unless YOU have PROOF that the USADA, WADA, US Attorney Generalm et al, don't have, then you are wrong. That is a fact. And until PROVEN otherwise, it will remain a fact.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Lance's strategy was to just sit on the best biker in triathlons wheel and then outrun him.

This race was like an experiment for Lance. He wanted to learn just how hard Leito rides (he let Leito dictate the pace, covered all him moves easily) to get the gaps he gets. Then he knew he could go outrun him. Despite Leito going and doing all this run training for the past couple years Lance still outran him. Lance will "tweak" things for TX 70.3. He was conservative in Panama. He now knows how hard he has to ride to get gaps on the bikes. He also knows how much harder he can ride at what cost ect. He will factor in the fast runners behind him and he will know what kind of time gaps he needs to stay away on the run.

Lance is obviously more of a treat to the World title than Lieto ever was. He is a better biker and has now proved he is a better runner...

Be afraid Pro's, be very afraid!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fatbastard wrote:
bratri wrote:

In a word, yes.

Unless YOU have PROOF that the USADA, WADA, US Attorney Generalm et al, don't have, then you are wrong. That is a fact. And until PROVEN otherwise, it will remain a fact.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Oh please....there is plenty of evidence that LA doped. There is nothing to stop people from drawing their own conclusions re: his history based on that evidence. Whether it is enough for WADA or whomever to convict is a different matter.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Lance...3:50:55, Panama 70.3! [gholmes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gholmes wrote:
bratri wrote:

GIVE ME A BREAK...
So lets see lance pretty much was dominating with 3 or 4 other pros back in the late 80s as a 16 year old kid.
So you think hes been doping for what 25 years... I mean if he has no talent or ability and its all doping then your argument would mean he had to be doping when he was a kid and
no way he was that fast. Then he was doping for leadville mountain bike race or doping for xterra.... and so on. AND for 25 years.

Guess the winner at panama had to have been doping no way hed have ran lance down like that and held him off I mean if lance was doping then someone who beat him had to be right?
Heck I guess taking that Mark Allen,Dave Scott,Paula Newby.. Oh yea Crissie wellington all must be doping.

This is the dumbest of all the Lance arguments, that because he was talented as youth he could not have doped as an adult.

Of course he is extremely talented... and of course he doped!
Last edited by: Jon h: Feb 12, 12 9:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bratri wrote:
Do u believe in Santa???

That's your argument?

Regardless of whether you think LA doped or not....you're going with "Do u believe in Santa?" to prove a point?

I used to believe that someone with an I.Q. of less than 90 couldn't operate a computer. I suppose that I've been proven wrong.
Quote Reply

Prev Next