Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown
Quote | Reply
The French Press take the fight with little contest.

Lance is a assclown.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [Nice Guy Eddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and it's none of your fucking business, and it's none of your fucking business, and it's none of your fucking business TROLL!

Concern yourself with how YOU live and let others live the way they choose to. Lance as well as every other parent out there has to live with the way they raise their kids, good or bad. From what I understand, there is no final decision on a comeback yet and quite frankly I don't care and the fact that you have even an opinion on it is pathetic.

"Nice Guy" Eddy...how ironic, I suppose you are going for the sarcasm that I am with my forum name.

I'm so tired of our tabloid culture!

Edit for spelling and tabloid comment!
Last edited by: The Lemming: Sep 7, 05 7:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually, Lance is VERY smart with the media...this time to appear like a cool guy in the US (SAC and I noted that he talks very differently to the US and to the French press) he bashed the French in general rather than the newspapers...

Well, he ended up his career (maybe) with an amazing 80% of the french admiring him and wanting him to win an 7th Tour...this was before his declarations of 'pissing off the French'...

if he really decided to come back, he sure would hear more booing...

It's a strange way to thank a country and a race who's made you filthy rich and famous...when a minority was after you...
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find your opinion of my opinion pathetic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All lance threads are pathetic. They revolve always around the same things and people offer the same opinions. It's Lame.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually i think Lance is smart enough to connect the fact that Equipe and TdF are both owned by the same organization. By saying it will "piss off the french" he is certainly saying - it will piss off the french organizers of the race who are also complacent in accusing me of doping through the press arm of their company.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. But as always, he has this tendency that many americans have to say 'the french' in general when he is targetting a small group of persons...

I agree that the reaction of JM Leblanc was just lame...
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I don't really care what he does one way or the other, but how is riding next year going to get back at L"equipe or the TdF org? That'll teach em I'll give em 10x the publicity they would've had without me. If I was L'equipe I'd be threatening to ban him from the race, making a course that "Lance ccouldn't win on anyway" and stirring up the pot as much as possible just to keep this thing front and center for the next year.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's a strange way to thank a country and a race who's made you filthy rich and famous...when a minority was after you...
Do you suppose that the TdF and the french in general owe Lance a big thank you for saving the race from the 98 festina affair?

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL...clueless....

the race would have gone on with or without Lance....the race came back after WWI and WWII...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
LOL...clueless....

the race would have gone on with or without Lance....the race came back after WWI and WWII...
That's three times the Americans saved you asses then? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good one! LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No doubt, but he certainly did a lot to make it recover faster and to higher levels than ever before that is all i was saying.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I'm not sure that it is that much more popular than before. In the US certainly, no doubt, but in Europe the tour has always been huge.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]and it's none of your ... business, and it's none of your ... business, and it's none of your ... business TROLL![/reply]

No need to get emotional or use profanity four times in a sentence, Lem. Eddy has been here longer than you. And he is (apparently) a nicer guy.

Perhaps you would like officially to replace Mr. Tibbs as the forum enforcer of relativism?

Thou shalt not have an opinion. Otherwise, the 'F' flame.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, lance is god and saviour of all things! didn't you know???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
LOL...clueless....

Don't be such a typical myopic Gallic little twit. He was not clueless when he posted that "the french in general owe Lance a big thank you for saving the race from the 98 festina affair?". He didn't mean that the hallowed race wouldn't come back, or be cancelled. You know exactly what he meant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what are you referring to?

"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what are you referring to?

There's an old Nova Scotian saying....."He who laughs last......didn't get the joke." :-)

Francois did. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the joke, about the french sucking in war blahblah, but i want to know what event in history he's refering to americans having to rescue the french.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WWI

WWII

TdF '98 - the Festina/Dope Tour

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Sep 7, 05 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, after the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 what have the French done for us lately? And then we had to go pick up after them in Viet Nam. On the other hand...I thought Texans didn't fall for taunting from people they thought beneath them?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [ironotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, we did get that pretty statue in NY Harbor (although, now technically part of New Jersey - go figure) from them too.

But we haven't gotten any Chirstmas (ooops, excuse me, Holiday) cards from them lately, and they don't call, they don't send flowers anymore... ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Lance's kids vs. French Press Smackdown [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in that case during WWII I think the only time anyone saved the french... was the british. at the same time they also saved the US and Canada. Normandy 1944.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good lord dude, I too thought the same thing when I heard the news, he's retiring to hang with his kids and then decides the french are pissing him off so he may race after all!? First thought to me is it seems selfish towards his kids, not that I'm giving it that much thought, but that is my first thought for sure. Go ahead and strike me down too, who am I to question Lance, I mean he is a god and all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next