Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice?
Quote | Reply
Our handsome friend Lakercr is popping the question to his lucky girl on his way to IMC... He has the ring, he has the location... but he doesn't know what he's going to say yet. Anyone care to offer him some words of wisdom?
Quote Reply
Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< Anyone care to offer him some words of wisdom? >>

For starters, make sure that his SO doesn't ever read ST. :-)

(especially now, since this would pretty much ruin the surprize, assuming that it is indeed to be some sort of surprize for her)

Kneel down, take her hand, look into her eyes, and say ____ hell, I can't do the whole thing for him, he's gonna hafta come up with that last part himself.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only advice would be to propose to miami79. She seems cool as hell.
Quote Reply
Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lakercr is a really, really nice guy. My heart is breaking... I hope this girl is as good as he says she is!

And no, she doesn't know about his secret ST life...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"<<insert name here>>, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

If she says yes then you can tell her all the reason why you think she is wonderful. If she says no, well...you don't feel quite so idiotic.

OR

If she is a Guy Gavriel Kay fan, try the tried and true: "The sun rises in your eyes."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did propose on my birthday...only a heartless woman would say no to a guy asking on his birthday ;-)

How about saying

"si tu ne sais pas quoi faire pour les 40 prochaines annees, pourquoi ne pas le faire avec moi?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry no real words of wisdom other than to recount my experience,, basically chose a better time than I did.

When I proposed, which was in bed in the morning jsut before the alarm went off. She said yeah sure, whatever and then went back to bed. She thought I was either sleep talking or she was in the midst of a bad dream, and promptly forgot about it till the evening when I told my sister!

Quote | Reply
Wow~
Sounds like you're ready to pull the trigger.....excellent.

Tell her SHE is the reason why the sun rises and sets in your world.

Tell her that that just being around her, seeing her smile, her scent is enough to make the world a better place for you.

Tell her that she is your beginning, middle and end.
And that SHE is THE Love of Your Life......

Keep us informed....Good Luck!

Fish

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" I'm a good guy, marry me and I promise we'll never be guests on Jerry Springer, will we?"

Or go for the " Can you pass me my Bento box and the Clif bar that's in it..." she gets Clif Bar and ring box, then say " Ooh yeah! was going to ask if you wanted to share my Clif Bars? Like forever?"

Weeman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LETS GET NAKED!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's something you HAVE to do before getting married...great way to avoid bad surprises ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, how about "LETS GET NAKED TOGETHER FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to rush too far ahead, but I saw a wedding once where the groom's family owned a bike store and instead of a get-away limo at the church, he biked away with her in the back on one of those little kiddie carts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Along those lines, I was at a friend's wedding last month and the groom showed me his wedding ring. It was titanium with carbon fiber inlay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Our handsome friend Lakercr is popping the question to his lucky girl on his way to IMC... He has the ring, he has the location... but he doesn't know what he's going to say yet. Anyone care to offer him some words of wisdom?[/reply]

Shouldnt he do it after the race? The fun activities that usually follow a proposal could result in fatigue or injury! Just find a romantic place and ask, keep it simple and to the point, unless your a poet or hopless romantic. I have a hard time with words, but I suprised my wife and it turned into a comical and fun proposal that I cant repeat here. Still happily married with two little kids.

Best of luck Lakercr!

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell him to be a man, look her in the eyes, and tell her EXACTLY how he feels about her (no holding back), and then ask her to come experience life together.

Seriously, that *moment* is what she will remember everytime she hears the word "marriage" "proposal" or anything else dealing with marriage, etc. You don't want a half-ass memory to keep popping up for the rest of your life. Tell him to be the stud that everyone wished they were when they proposed. Nothing fancy. Just speak to her as if you have one chance to tell her how you feel.

We all know the story about the difference between the hero and the coward. It's the same with those who tell their loved ones how they feel and those that think it but never say it. We all feel scared about making ourselves vulnerable. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Marriage proposal is no time to get generic or cliche.

I also like Marty's idea, " Yes = ride home. No = you're on your own."

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't do it

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sort of relationship is this if Slowtwitch is a secret???

harp
Quote Reply
Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [harp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with Erik.......don't do it! It's not too late!

Take the ring back and buy yourself a new bike.

And for the love of pete don't have any kids.

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's racing? He or she? If she's racing then he can say to her..."you can have this if and only if you finish!"

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kerri, I like the way you think:))))))))))

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [Catbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That works.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://howtoproposemarriage.com/

Re: Lakercr to propose!! Words of advice? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can all think of typical ways of asking our lovely girlfriends to marry us. The man gets down on one knee and gets out a box with a ring (probably worth a month's salary) before asking her to spend the rest of her life by his side.

This traditional way of proposing still works, and can be categorized as the conventional way of asking a woman to marry you. But these days, women want to be mesmerized with emotion, romanticism and originality. And not necessarily in that order either.

The following are 14 innovative and traditional ways to get engaged.

1. To the extreme
If your woman is the sporty type, you can propose to her from the heights of a mountain after a day of rock climbing. Other possibilities would be during a parachute jump or a scuba-diving session in South America, or anywhere else for that matter.

2. Make a video
Making a personal video of yourself proposing to her can have a great effect, especially if you are watching it with her. She will likely jump from joy and want to skip straight to the honeymoon...

3. In mid-air
A more public display of affection is to have the captain of an airplane you are on recite your marriage proposal to your woman over the intercom. You can just picture it: "We are now flying over the Grand Canyon and will be arriving at our destination in approximately 45 minutes. And, by the way, Joanna, Michael would like to know if you would do him the honor of marrying him."

Of course, after this, all you should hope for is a "yes" and a safe landing.

4. My way or the highway
Just imagine driving home from work and seeing a billboard with the mention "Lucy, will you marry me?" This will have an amplified effect, and the rest of the commuters who see it will hope it works out for you.

They will also hope that she doesn't slam the brakes in excitement.

5. Marriage on the big screen
Let's say you agreed to go see the latest Julia Roberts movie, and right before the movie is about to start, as part of the previews, one frame action simply displays the words: "Maria, will you be my wife?"

Prev Next