Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Geneva Tri - Tri Rock
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done this race last year? I was asked to do this race and I am not sure I want to pay $155 and I havent been to Lake Geneva in awhile. How is the bike course?

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Geneva Tri - Tri Rock [triscooteremu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it last year - It's well organized and a great place to race. The bike only has one large hill in the first mile and the rest of the bike course is flat. The run on the other hand is all uphill with twists and turns for the first two miles. Overall it's a great race but I am skipping it this year because of the cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this race last year - and it was fun - No officials out there and saw several people cutting the swim course. The bike has one long hill about 4% in the first mile or so then a few rollers but fast- again saw some blatant drafting. The run is all uphill with a few flat sections to the turn point then of course all down hill to finish.

Fun race but not doing it this year.

Hope this helps

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I echo the above... bike course is flat after the hill out of T1, run is a PITA out of T2, but a fast, fun downhill last mile or so to the finish.

Regarding race officials and drafting, there are none of the former and plenty of the latter. I had a woman glued to my wheel for about half of the bike course last year. Exiting T2 we are next to each other, and she says, "nice ride". I just ignored her. Then she says to me all snotty, "you Illinois people are all the same". It took all of my patience not to lay into her about what a rotten no good cheater she is, but I figured it wouldn't have done any good, and besides I was there to race, not argue.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Geneva Tri - Tri Rock [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all.

I would have just said, yeah, I love doing other people's work.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Geneva Tri - Tri Rock [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
I echo the above... bike course is flat after the hill out of T1, run is a PITA out of T2, but a fast, fun downhill last mile or so to the finish.

Regarding race officials and drafting, there are none of the former and plenty of the latter. I had a woman glued to my wheel for about half of the bike course last year. Exiting T2 we are next to each other, and she says, "nice ride". I just ignored her. Then she says to me all snotty, "you Illinois people are all the same". It took all of my patience not to lay into her about what a rotten no good cheater she is, but I figured it wouldn't have done any good, and besides I was there to race, not argue.

What so the Illinois folks are unfriednly but at least play by the rules. Where was she froom WI... where they are nice and friendly but like ot cheat? Please. the nerve of soem people. Maybe she's an idiot and doesnt; realize that what she was doign was cheating.

Honestly if someone's on my wheel for a long time, it's never happened, but I'd be tempted to screw with the pace enough to make it clear I don't appreciate them cheating.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply