Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LVL signs with LOOK
Quote | Reply
From the look cycle website, Luc Van Lierde signed a 2 year deal and will be riding both the KG381i and the new aero(?) KG486.
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speaking of look, has anyone here been on the KG386 ? I've owned a few carbon bikes in the past, 2 OCLV's and a 200sci, and now that I live in an area with rougher roads have thought of looking at another carbon bike for a primary road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of LVL...

I am a huge Luc fan, and have established some email contacts in Belgium who keep me up to date with his plans, conditioning, etc.

I just got a message this morning saying that Luc has had a good, three month build-up to IM Malaysia. He will leave soon for 2 weeks in Lanzarote and then head to Malaysia.

The summer will be for olympic-distance focus, and then Hawaii.

If LVL gets back on top, things could get mighty interesting in Hawaii this year!
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Wow.

http://www.lookcycle.fr/infos/english/news/info_direct.htm

WOW!
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pure numbers on LVL are scary. Over the years he has had some simply sensational races. He has recorded the fastest time ever over the traditional Ironman distance. He's won IMH twice. Unfortunately the last two years have seen him very inconsistant. I hope that he is able to round back into top form and be at his best when the rest are at their best.

Everyone keeps talking about a big showdown in IMH every year and LVL is always mentioned as a possible winner. However, the last couple oif years have been a bit disapointing with regards to the talent that is on the sidelines watching IMH as opposed to actually contesting the race - with the utmost respect to Tim DeBoom. My big wish is that ALL the key guys make it to IMH healthy this year and we finally have the showdown of showdowns.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at the KG486 on the website. It says "A researched and developed design for performance : the tubes shapes have been designed by computer to optimize lateral stiffness and aerodynamic compromise." That's where I stopped, 'cause I 'learned' from the Orang Utan that compromise is bad.
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeff

Yes - i have ridden a KG386 for a year now - best bike i have ever had, and i have tried both steel, aluminium and other carbon bikes - no titanium yet as they are just too expensive.

It is very comfortable and rides/handles great. It takes much of the harshness of rough roads away, the finish is very high quality and the BB plenty stiff for me (90kg), the normal road-Look bikes have a reputation for being quite soft in the front and BB, that is why i went for the mono-carbon frame, besides it looks really nice and aero. Have tried both a TT and road set-up, TT setup is a bit difficult with the 72.5degree seat tube, but can be changed approx 76degrees with a Corima seatpost. Looks own post is not of much use as the clamp is set back on the post. It has been recalled by the company anyway, luckily for me as i could return the one i bought wihout problems and get a Corima instread.

Anyway it turns some heads when you ride the frame that won both the long TT in the Tour de France and the Worlds TT Championship last year. Yeah, yeah, i know. Santiago Botero won those, not his bike. But i like the thought of it.

You might have difficulties getting a different brand of seatpost as they run it in 25mm for some strange french reason. The fork only runs in 1" with a non integrated headset.

One problem with the purchase - i choose a Look frame as i live in Scandinavia where it is difficult to find Cervelo, Guru, Felt etc. (Cannondale is possible but they just cost a fortune ) and i "needed" a bike that not everyone else in my area rides, Here it is all Principia, Pinarello, Cinelli etc. I figured that it would take forever to get a bike delivered from USA or Canada - and the Look distributor said they could provide it from France within 14 days as per their normal deliverytime. He did to his credit state that 4 weeks was a bit more realistic.

It took a full 13 months untill the frame was delivered. But i am very happy with it, even with the long waiting time.

Is there anything in particular you would like to know about the bike ?
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [Carbonbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Carbonbike, you´re lucky ´cause the next time you´re going to buy a bike you can choose between Litespeed, Felt, Cervelo and all the usual stuff. At least here in Denmark.

Regards

Martin
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [kreutzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hej Martin

Tjae, nu har jeg lige investeret og samlet en ny havelåge til foråret. Look AL384 sloperamme blev det til da jeg fik et godt tilbud på skidtet.

Man har vel altid kunne skaffe Litespeed, Cervelo etc. i DK, men det har kostet kassen indtil nu. Måske den lave dollarkurs kommer til at ændre lidt på sagen?

Carbonbike = Plastic cykel ! = Jesper/Østerbro/København/KTK-86

PS. pardon my......danish.
Quote Reply
Re: LVL signs with LOOK [Carbonbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] Man har vel altid kunne skaffe Litespeed, Cervelo etc. i DK, men det har kostet kassen indtil nu. Måske den lave dollarkurs kommer til at ændre lidt på sagen?

That's true, but with some changes we are making to our distribution in Europe (so there will be more dealers in Denmark which helps the pricing) plus the current downward trend of the dollar, the prices for at least Cervelo will come down (and of course other North American brands also benefit from the lower dollar for their Euro prices.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply